Faulty Xbox Issue: No two-year warranty in UK.

Discus and support Faulty Xbox Issue: No two-year warranty in UK. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am just writing a post to inform anyone of buying an Xbox One of a system fault that caused my Xbox One to break and I understand many... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BiGb00 R3d, Dec 24, 2015.

1. BiGb00 R3d
    BiGb00 R3d Guest

Hi everyone,

I am just writing a post to inform anyone of buying an Xbox One of a system fault that caused my Xbox One to break and I understand many others. Upon returning to the home screen one day my X1 simply froze, I restarted several times but the system would
    not get beyond the start-up screen, after a while it just read contact support. I did so and they helped me get the console working again through the offline updater via USB thought I had to restore the console and re-download everything (This happening at
    approx. two weeks out of warranty btw.) About a month later the same issue happened again. I tried the offline updater but it would not work and now the system is completely broken.

The other day I got in touch with support again to try and receive a repair/new system but they said I would have to pay £91.67 for the repair and the system would then only have a 90 day warranty (In the UK there is a 2nd hand chain store that alone offers
    24 month warranty on everything). I thought this is an outrage as I have been playing xbox for ten years, stuck with it even after my 360 got the red-ring, spent hundreds on games, then the X1 and games for it including many downloaded which I can no longer
    access. Now Xbox wants to charge me to repair a system which clearly has a design fault if so many are experiencing the same issue (search forums/You Tube comments you will see there is loads). The UK is also one of the few countries which Xbox says does not
    have a two-year warranty, though from what I understand any country in the EU must provide a two-year warranty for hardware faults etc. as long as the consumer can prove them, which I can, you simply have to look at the system and others who have had the problem.
    Another point is that the fault first happened only two-weeks out of the warranty, Xbox Support's help simply kept the system going for about a month.

I have decided to move to other consoles not because I have issues with the games or experience but I simply feel that as a loyal customer I have not been treated fairly and deserve better, especially from such a respected/large company and that others should
    know what to expect.

:)

BiGb00 R3d, Dec 24, 2015
  2. shuflie
    shuflie Guest
    Extended Warranty - really necessary?

February 2015 is not two years, unless you were one of the unannounced pre release testers. Faulty Xbox Issue: No two-year warranty in UK. :D

shuflie, Dec 24, 2015
  3. RottenFox
    RottenFox Guest
    60 Day warranty confirmed by EA Support on drums

the 2 year pan european warranty,hasnt been implemented in UK law,as of yet.
    they have been promising to add it,for years,but as of now,its still 1 year(12 months) standard warranty on all items purchased in the UK.

RottenFox, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

You'll find it's always been a 1 year warranty since the original xbox & it's a one year warranty everywhere.

I've been with xbox/xbox live since launch,doesn't give me special exceptions when it comes down to the consoles standard warranty.

Sorry but I refuse to believe someone who claims to have been with xbox for 10 years would not know this.

You'll only get a one year warranty with the other consoles unless you pay extra for an extended warranty.

Daft Badger, Dec 24, 2015
  5. Daft Badger Win User

You'll find it's always been a 1 year warranty since the original xbox & it's a one year warranty everywhere.

I've been with xbox/xbox live since launch,doesn't give me special exceptions when it comes down to the consoles standard warranty.

Sorry but I refuse to believe someone who claims to have been with xbox for 10 years would not know this.

You'll only get a one year warranty with the other consoles unless you pay extra for an extended warranty.
  6. Magaman-8B232765-380 Win User

Feeling cheated

Yeap, apparently Microsoft doesn't warranty their repairs for any decent length of time. I had the RROD last year (year two of having the console) it's now 13 months later and the replaced/refurbished console I find out doesn't carry any additional warranty
    for RROD. Which is the dumbest thing I've every heard. So basically they sent me a faulty xbox for a faulty xbox and are now cleaning their hands of it. I'm not demanding money or anything absurd all I want is for them to properly fix the console I paid
    for and for it to work for longer then 1-2 years. Very poor customer service in my book. I would suggest to everyone with similar issues, file a complaint with the BBB and your state attorney general. It's not right that they keep selling and replacing
    faulty products with faulty products.
  7. Tarnend Win User

Warranty for Kinect adapter Xbox One S

All i can suggest is to but one from cex in the UK ( i am assuming you are in the UK with saying pounds) as items from them have a 2 year warranty, as it seems like you have been passed around when trying to contact people in regards to your faulty one
    :(
  8. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox Wireless adapter for pc is no longer working

that's the US only though ( the us has stupid rules for warranties), EU is 2 years manufacturer warranty and UK is 1 year manufacturers warranty, but you can go the soga/CRA route in the uk if its expected to last longer than a year or 2.
  9. BigBuddha23 Win User

Xbox repair

Hi , i had a faulty xbox and controller and both were in warranty, i also live in the uk, but i sent mine to Germany. Perhaps you should contact someone at the microsoft repair shop about that??
Thema:

1. Faulty Xbox Issue: No two-year warranty in UK. - Similar Threads - Faulty Issue warranty

2. Faulty controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty controller: Controller trigger doesn't work at all. 5b9f608d-325d-471f-94ad-be615e4000c3
  3. I need help with my faulty computer please!

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help with my faulty computer please!: PC specs- Motherboard- Pro Z690-A WIFI DDR5 CPU- i9-12900K LGA 1700 GPU- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 Memory- G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000 Storage- Samsung 980 pro...
  4. Region Files dissapearing in Minecraft world after faulty move

in XBoX on Windows
    Region Files dissapearing in Minecraft world after faulty move: So a couple of years ago for some reason or another I moved a Minecraft world out of the saves folder, and if I can remember correctly I moved it into another World's folder. Now I want to go back...
  5. I have a faulty Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse that is still under warranty. When I scroll it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a faulty Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse that is still under warranty. When I scroll it...: I have a faulty Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse that is still under warranty. When I scroll it goes both up and down. Who can I contact to organise a replacement mouse?...
  6. Is my Xbox Series X wifi card faulty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my Xbox Series X wifi card faulty?: My xbox will not hold a stable connection to the wifi hotspot. No settings have been changed. It does not allow me to sign in to any profile. Keeps saying network error/need to be connected to the...
  7. Is my Xbox Series X or my LG C3 48 inch faulty? Or software issue? The games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is my Xbox Series X or my LG C3 48 inch faulty? Or software issue? The games?: Hi all, I Hope somebody might help me with this. Two years a go I bought an Xbox series X and recently I bought an LG C3 48 inch. I have experienced some issues. The most Extreme One Is while...
  8. Faulty XBOX Series X Controller & out of warranty issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty XBOX Series X Controller & out of warranty issue: I bought Xbox Series X on the 11th September 2023, i.e 5 days ago. The controller that came with the XBOX is faulty, everytime I press the X-button, it gets stuck. I then registered the device...
  9. Xbox Series X controller faulty but no warranty issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller faulty but no warranty issue?: I purchased an Xbox Series X console last October, the controller that came with the console is now faulty so I'm trying to arrange a repair but its states that the controller has ran out of...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller repaired in warranty with faulty LB and connectivity issues, now...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller repaired in warranty with faulty LB and connectivity issues, now...: I purchased an Elite Series 2 Controller via Microsoft and it was great for the first ~6 months. However, I started to notice play in the LB when downshifting in whatever F1 game was out at the...