Faulty Xbox Headphones

Discus and support Faulty Xbox Headphones in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am posting this question as I have had had issues with your xbox gamer headset. The plastic casing on my mike on the headset suddenly broke. I took... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SWBL_08, Jan 27, 2023.

1. SWBL_08
    SWBL_08 Guest

Faulty Xbox Headphones

I am posting this question as I have had had issues with your xbox gamer headset. The plastic casing on my mike on the headset suddenly broke. I took it to get repaired as it was still under warranty and was told as it was a physical issue and thus it was not covered by warranty. I was told if I wanted to repair it I would have to pay out of pocket and the cost of the repair would cost almost the price of a new headset.

In my frustration I had a look online to see if anyone else had had issues with the xbox headset and the plastic around the mike breaking. To my horror I found multiple posts in which multiple people had had the exact same problem as me. These two questions imply that this headset had a defective batch as it couldn't be a coincidence that so many people have had the exact same issues with their xbox headset when they have been looking after it carefully. Also of note is that all the people in the questions bought their xbox headset around the same time as me which was between Dec 21 to Feb 22. I got mine on Dec 24th as it was a xmas gift.

I made sure it was always in a safe spot and never dropped it on the ground. It appals me that given how many people have had issues with this product that there has been no deeper inquiry into the product or a product recall. I have been a loyal x-box customer since the xbox generation one first came out and I have also been a windows supporter for pc my whole life. It is extremely disappointing that a company as big as Microsoft can be so callous with their products and not even consider checking whether the product is defective before shooting it down as being simply a physical issue.

I have linked the two questions that have multiple entries in them

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...wovMMpxhHSTQrjwyAMo1faPPrIxGkVQMZSxswjobNFB74

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...AoMQAYWI04OH7fmhTMkdnbkEdc-jGwo6lvwk1Muxp8E6o

I would appreciate a timely response to this matter. I can one of the users in the questions posted above was sent a new headset.

I have also attached some pictures for your reference
    Faulty Xbox Headphones [​IMG]

:)

SWBL_08, Jan 27, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Faulty Xbox Headphones

Hello SWBL_08,

I could not really imagine how important it is for you to be able to rectify this concern. However, the decision was already made when you requested for the accessory to get repaired, and here in the community, we don't have the ability to overturn such a decision. They are better equipped with all the tools and resources to get your problem diagnosed. Instead, I recommend that you send feedback to Team Xbox.

Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

On Windows

1. Press the Start button , and then enter Feedback Hub in the search box.
    2. Open the Feedback Hub app, and then select Report a problem.
    3. Enter your details under Summarize your feedback and Explain in more detail (optional). Consider the following questions when deciding what details to include:
      • What is the problem or unexpected behavior?
      • What steps did you take to encounter the problem?
      • What additional software, hardware, or accessories were you using when you encountered the problem?
      • Were there any specific error codes or messages you saw when you encountered the problem or behavior? If so, what was the specific error code or message?
    4. If you can show us the problem, make sure to include any screenshots.
    5. When you’re done, select Submit.
    On Xbox

1. Press the Start button , and then enter Feedback Hub in the search box.
    2. Open the Feedback Hub app, and then select Report a problem.
    3. Enter your details under Summarize your feedback and Explain in more detail (optional). Consider the following questions when deciding what details to include:
      • What is the problem or unexpected behavior?
      • What steps did you take to encounter the problem?
      • What additional software, hardware, or accessories were you using when you encountered the problem?
      • Were there any specific error codes or messages you saw when you encountered the problem or behavior? If so, what was the specific error code or message?
    4. If you can show us the problem, make sure to include any screenshots.
    5. When you’re done, select Submit.
    Thank you for understanding.
  3. Josh With Dosh Win User

Headset Stereo Xbox One

Could be a faulty headphone jack ?
  4. Samiur Rahman2 Win User

my headphones are not recognised on my xbox

its a 3.5mm headphone, could it be that the jack is faulty on the controller?
  5. GreyStormGaming Win User

Xbox headphones.

Maybe the port in your controller is faulty, also test the headphones on another device to make sure the issue isn't caused by the headphone.
  6. Samiur Rahman2 Win User

my headphones are not recognised on my xbox

iv'e done that and nothing has changed, could it be that the headphone jack on the controller is faulty?
Thema:

Faulty Xbox Headphones

1. Faulty Xbox Headphones - Similar Threads - Faulty Headphones

2. I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist.: I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist. 20cfa3e7-3b9e-44bd-a75a-683ed5af9b1a
  3. Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?: Around 6 months ago I decided to buy an Xbox Series S, all was fine except that after only weeks of use, the controller was drifting to a point of being unusable. I then bought another, it came...
  4. Faulty controller help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty controller help: I bought two Xbox elite controllers for my sons at Christmas they where on offer for £111 each, one controller has stopped working so I posted it to Microsoft because it was faulty. Instead of...
  5. X Box One X Faulty hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box One X Faulty hard drive: Hi could you please help with some advise my X Box One X has a faulty hard drive but it is not under warranty anymore expired 2019 - I do have household insurance and it is covered under my...
  6. Microsoft, your Xbox controller rechargeable battery is faulty. Please fix. If you are a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft, your Xbox controller rechargeable battery is faulty. Please fix. If you are a...: Microsoft, your Xbox controller rechargeable battery is faulty. Please fix. If you are a consumer, do not buy this product. 1e603ce1-b179-4a1c-9f34-b61ec3cc3b12
  7. Why are you denying a refund for BG3 - it's a faulty product.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are you denying a refund for BG3 - it's a faulty product.: I lost a day's progress due to the BG3 save bug and have ZERO confidence in playing the game anymore. After it happened I went online and saw that it was a known issue. So I requested a refund on...
  8. Can't log into Minecraft due to faulty Xbox app.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't log into Minecraft due to faulty Xbox app.: When I try to log into Minecraft, I get error code: Bat, which apparently means I have to log into the Xbox app. When I download the Xbox app, it looks like it doesn't load properly, only showing...
  9. Faulty controller missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty controller missing: Hi, I really hope someone can help as I am at my wits end with this situation now and don't know what else I can do. I bought an Xbox Design lab controller for my son. Within 2 months it was...
  10. Faulty Hardware

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty Hardware: So my Xbox series X has internal hardware issues, Cant connect to 360 Dashboard, wont play backwards compatible games, every now and then loads up on start saying sorry issue updating restart or...