Faulty Controller?

Discus and support Faulty Controller? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All, I Have read a few comments on here about problems when connecting a second controller. I Got a spare controller with my X1, the first time my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheTakenRisk, Jan 6, 2014.

1. TheTakenRisk
    TheTakenRisk Guest

Faulty Controller?

Hi All,

I Have read a few comments on here about problems when connecting a second controller.

I Got a spare controller with my X1, the first time my girlfriend used it, it worked fine. However, yesterday she wanted to play some Ghosts with me so we set it up and when the game started her character just kept firing until she had no ammo (she even let
    go of the pad and it carried on). It wouldn't even let her aim down sight or even move at first.

I Tried a few things, loaded up another game, it let her move and it wasn't firing automatically but the triggers werent responding at all.

I Thought i would try a different game so i loaded up Forza, started a race to find that (without pressing anything) the car just sat on the start grid revving like mad but not moving.

All other buttons seem to work in game but the A button is very unresponsive on the dashbord. It takes several presses on a tile to get it to do anything....... i wondered if my console was playing up but it works perfectly when using my controller.

I'm pretty sure its faulty but thought i would ask just in-case these are the second controller issues people were referring to before i contact ShopTo to get the pad changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

TheTakenRisk, Jan 6, 2014
  2. NDWest14
    NDWest14 Guest
    X1 Disc Drive Problems...

Call MS.

You have a faulty drive. Make sure to ask them if they are still running their free game promotion with the faulty drive.

NDWest14, Jan 6, 2014
  3. faulty

Im playing MW3 on multiplayer then the place keeps jolting I mean I'm in one area then in the next second I'm somewhere else! HELP?

ApeX XtrEmeZz, Jan 6, 2014
  4. ShaunPerry
    ShaunPerry Guest

Faulty Controller?

I'd get it exchanged mate. Does sound like a problem with the pad.

Like everything with wires and circuits, sometimes things go wrong.

ShaunPerry, Jan 6, 2014
  5. TheTakenRisk
    TheTakenRisk Guest
    Thought as much. Thanks mate

TheTakenRisk, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Power A Xbox to PC

Hi,

My guess is it's faulty then. Joy.cpl should show a controller if it's connected to the PC, regardless of whether it is a direct input or xinput controller.

I take it your USB ports are working okay?

Other than a faulty port or faulty controller, a damaged Windows install can occasionally break controller support.

My advice is to buy an official controller. If this works then this Power A controller must be faulty.
  7. CQQT Win User

3.5 mm headset jack not working

I believe this is either faulty controllers or maybe a faulty headset?
  8. Kevx1981 Win User

x box controler problem help

@Mark316uk

Something similar has happened to myself.

For me it was a faulty battery pack, as when I used the faulty one the controller would randomly turn off and disconnect.

If you've got another controller try swapping the battery packs. If it still persists, the controllers maybe faulty
  9. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

Faulty controller

10. {Parity} Win User

Controller faulty

Try performing a hard reset on the console EXACTLY like this.

Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console. Once it is back up and operational test
    the results. If that doesn't work you may need to purchase a new controller.

Good Luck!!
Thema:

Faulty Controller?

1. Faulty Controller? - Similar Threads - Faulty Controller

2. Faulty controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty controller: Controller trigger doesn't work at all. 5b9f608d-325d-471f-94ad-be615e4000c3
  3. Can my Xbox Series S controller be replaced if it came out of the box faulty/broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox Series S controller be replaced if it came out of the box faulty/broken: I want to know if it's too late to replace it, sense it came faulty It was paid for and I wasn't expecting it to have broken analog sticks, hope it can be replaced it's the only controller. I...
  4. Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?: Around 6 months ago I decided to buy an Xbox Series S, all was fine except that after only weeks of use, the controller was drifting to a point of being unusable. I then bought another, it came...
  5. Faulty controller help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty controller help: I bought two Xbox elite controllers for my sons at Christmas they where on offer for £111 each, one controller has stopped working so I posted it to Microsoft because it was faulty. Instead of...
  6. Microsoft, your Xbox controller rechargeable battery is faulty. Please fix. If you are a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft, your Xbox controller rechargeable battery is faulty. Please fix. If you are a...: Microsoft, your Xbox controller rechargeable battery is faulty. Please fix. If you are a consumer, do not buy this product. 1e603ce1-b179-4a1c-9f34-b61ec3cc3b12
  7. Faulty controller missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty controller missing: Hi, I really hope someone can help as I am at my wits end with this situation now and don't know what else I can do. I bought an Xbox Design lab controller for my son. Within 2 months it was...
  8. Unable to return faulty Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to return faulty Xbox controller: I am very frustrated. My controller has developed stick drift within warranty, so I'm trying to return it but the Microsoft website keeps throwing an error up before I can print the returns label....
  9. How do I fix my faulty controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my faulty controller: I’ve bought a pink 70$ Xbox controller… and it won’t connect to my Xbox and I bought battery packs to go with it I’ve had many controllers and non have acted this way…BUT here are the issues as...
  10. Does anyone know if you can return a faulty Xbox without the original controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if you can return a faulty Xbox without the original controller?: Faulty Xbox return without controller still in warranty 14ddf0ef-c7b0-4a19-93c3-9a1002e8900f