Faststart Issues, Two Times now i have attempted to download games but been thwarted by...

Discus and support Faststart Issues, Two Times now i have attempted to download games but been thwarted by... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I've been doing some research and from what I can gather there isn't an option to turn this feature off as it's supposed to help and not be a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/HaloBonin, Oct 7, 2021.

  1. /u/HaloBonin
    /u/HaloBonin Guest

    Faststart Issues, Two Times now i have attempted to download games but been thwarted by...


    So I've been doing some research and from what I can gather there isn't an option to turn this feature off as it's supposed to help and not be a problem however me and some other gamers have run into problems that I think need to be reported

    So the actual issue is the game starts downloading and about halfway through "faststart" tries to prioritize and download files in order to play soon as. However you need a network speed of at least 20mbps which seems ok but there isn't any other option. If it attempts to go ahead it won't receive enough speed to go ahead as it needs and rather than restarting that segment it restarts the whole update some many gigabytes large and taking a while to download. And after going around and around and seeing there is no way around it I would like to give feedback to have an option to opt out for those with slower network speeds so at least they have an option otherwise they simply can't download or play. and this has happened with two titles so far which is a shame.

    Has anyone else had Similar experience's or any comments for this issue?

    submitted by /u/HaloBonin
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/HaloBonin, Oct 7, 2021
    #1
  2. JorgyTheGreat Win User

    Error code 0x80070005

    I completed the steps above and received the same error. I attempted to restart the game installation hoping it was a one time issue and now it's stuck on "Resuming" at 99% for the two games I attempted to download.
  3. NaZoooom Win User

    FastStart

    Hi Nate2572,

    I don’t think your issue is with
    FastStart
    as FastStart prioritises data so you can play whilst the game downloads. The only time it would effect or have negative impact would be if you are playing after reaching Ready to Start and your internet speed drops.

    You may want to consider looking at the Network connection solution
    page. I would say it is worth speaking to your ISP with regards to router settings as what if there are external factors stopping your Xbox from getting data from downloads and causing it to disable the download.

    Do you get any error codes?
  4. Ricardo Cintra Win User

    Downloaded the Gears 5 with the Ultimate Pass. But appears as its still downloading.

    I Don't have shure if Gears 5 is FastStart in PC version too, the Download for this game is ended or have more to end?
  5. blueamcat Win User

    FastStart

  6. d3monkid12 Win User

    Install/download times

    Fast Start brah

    https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/faststart
    Have ran the system with it on power save and fast start for a while. Only difference is that it takes longer to turn on, has no affect on load times or download times
Thema:

Faststart Issues, Two Times now i have attempted to download games but been thwarted by...

Loading...
  1. Faststart Issues, Two Times now i have attempted to download games but been thwarted by... - Similar Threads - Faststart Issues Times

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. FastStart

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    FastStart: FastStart keeps disabling my downloads if my network speed is lower then 20mbps, is there anyway to turn it off? de2fc9c1-47d5-4f9b-8bc5-58e1de6b57df