Far cry 6 stuttering with good pc and frames don't seem to drop

Discus and support Far cry 6 stuttering with good pc and frames don't seem to drop in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently bought the game Far Cry 6, I love the graphics and the game overall but the issue is that I sometimes get weird stutters that seem... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ompatel3, Jun 9, 2023.

1. ompatel3
    ompatel3 Guest

Hi,

I have recently bought the game Far Cry 6, I love the graphics and the game overall but the issue is that I sometimes get weird stutters that seem to not drop my frames. I have seen this with the fps counter that I have enabled and it doesn't show any signs of frame drops. This issue doesn't seem to be fps stutters from these conclusions. Anyways, my pc should be able to easily handle this game, as it is an above-average computer, here are my specs:

Ryzen 5 5600x

RTX 3070

16 GB of 3200mz ram (set in bios too)

Samsung 970 evo plus 500 GB ssd

I believe that these specs should easily be able to run Far Cry 6 with it fully optimized, however, I have lowered many things and disabled the HD graphic features and I'm still getting these stutters. The game has a built-in benchmark tester which I used and it shows that I get the average 60 fps that my monitor can support, with a low of 58 fps. (I have enabled v-sync because I don't have a really good monitor) This specific issue doesn't really happen in other games, however, something similar has occurred where I get minor fps stutters but this issue doesn't seem to be fps-related so I can't conclude that it is a repeating problem. I hope this helps and someone can reach out and help me fix this issue.

Thank you!

From Om

:)

ompatel3, Jun 9, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. ompatel3 Win User

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions, I have just tried both your SFC scan as well as the clean boot. For the scan, all I got in return was that I had no integrity violations and that everything was normal. When I went through the clean boot process and then launched Far Cry 6, the stuttering problem was still there. Is there anything else I could do, I have also posted this problem on the Steam page.

Thank you!
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello ompatel3,

Thank you for your response. Try running SFC scan and Clean boot to fix corrupted files and limiting your background process and see if this helps. As suggested by Obsessive Power, please post this thread to the Steam forum as you are using their platform to run the game.
  5. ompatel3 Win User

Hi,

Thank you for replying to me, I run the game at 1080p at all high settings (the max is ultra), I don't have HD graphics enabled and I run the game with v-sync on so it limits my fps to 60. I also do not have Ray Tracing enabled. I haven't posted this question on Steam, however, I will do it later today.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

I'd like to help, being a fellow PC gamer and techy who has built a few gaming PCs. However, I don't have this game currently.

A YouTube video with similar specs to yours suggest it should work work quite well, although I don't know if these videos represent the game running on the latest version of the game or the latest drivers. Note that the game can not maintain 60fps in 4K. The RTX 3070 isn't a 4K card (at least not for the most recent games) and, like many PC games, 8GB of VRAM can be a limiting factor at higher resolutions and graphics settings.

What resolution and frame rate are you running the game in?

Do you have Ray Tracing enabled?

Have you posted the same question on the Far Cry 6 game forum on Steam?
Thema:

1. Far cry 6 stuttering with good pc and frames don't seem to drop - Similar Threads - Far cry stuttering

2. Image quality on retina screen far below expectations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Image quality on retina screen far below expectations: I recently got a Game Pass Ultimate subscription for cloud gaming on an iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5 inches, 2017 with a Radeon Pro 555 2 GB). I thought that would amount to the same thing as pairing a...
  3. Can't install Far Cry 6

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Far Cry 6: Specifically that game. Other games will install fine. When I click install, absolutely nothing happens. No response at all. e0417176-890e-43ae-ab53-b2c5ac2382b2
  4. Xbox One S turns on and displays are OK, but each screen moves the "cursor" to the far...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S turns on and displays are OK, but each screen moves the "cursor" to the far...: Xbox One S 'from ~2018 hasn't been used in about a year. When made operational, all screens move subject (cursor) to the far right of the display and won't return to normal operation. I've...
  5. Is Far Cry 6 Cross platform but both on Xbox Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Far Cry 6 Cross platform but both on Xbox Game Pass?: Can I play far cry 6 multiplayer with my son if we're on different platforms (me on PC and son on Xbox One) if we're both using Xbox game pass? Please advise. 126087b8-2732-4d65-a8fe-b2ff808ce27d
  6. Far cry 5 lags.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Far cry 5 lags.: Device name ADSD Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable) Device ID 212A554E-E934-48EB-8100-06D9AB72740F Product ID...
  7. How to Play Far Cry 3 (360) Split Screen on Series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to Play Far Cry 3 (360) Split Screen on Series S?: Hello, I'm getting a hard time trying to activate split screen and I don't even know if there's such an option for this game on Series S. According to the word on the internet, you should...
  8. unable to join online co op on far cry 6 unless i use mobile hot spot

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to join online co op on far cry 6 unless i use mobile hot spot: I have just bought far cry 6 from Ubisoft it will not connect to co op online through my WI FI but it works through my mobile hotspot but it will allow me to join a game if I join through Ubisoft...
  9. I have Gamepass and i installed Far cry 5 but when i start the game loading screen stays...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Gamepass and i installed Far cry 5 but when i start the game loading screen stays...: thats loading screen [img] 7e7a0839-ec48-4625-aed6-a62813591ccd
  10. Yeah they gave me credit for far cry 6 and estimated value was $100 but I don't care to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Yeah they gave me credit for far cry 6 and estimated value was $100 but I don't care to...: They ended up giving me far cry 6 Gold edition $100 and I don't play that I don't care to have that and as soon as I was trying to get on the game and I'm a streamer and my ultimate game pass went...