Fan Noise

Discus and support Fan Noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, On idle I heard some noise from the console fan and I would like to know if it's normal or if I should ask for a replacement. Do you experience... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fred1975-5D29EE7E-7473-4017-B54B-C41FDD5BF92C, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Fan Noise

Hi,

On idle I heard some noise from the console fan and I would like to know if it's normal or if I should ask for a replacement.

Do you experience the same sound?

Regards,

Frédéric

:)

Fred1975-5D29EE7E-7473-4017-B54B-C41FDD5BF92C, Jan 5, 2014
  2. AustinT54
    AustinT54 Guest
    fan?

My new Xbox s fan is making a weird noise. Xbox is not messing but fan is making noises. Any comment?

AustinT54, Jan 5, 2014
  3. xUND3F1N3Dx
    xUND3F1N3Dx Guest
    Fan Noise

Hey i got the same thing bro. I wouldn't worry about it. The console is warrantied from microsoft for a year so if it gets worse or something breaks just send it back.

xUND3F1N3Dx, Jan 5, 2014
  4. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest

Fan Noise

Mine does the same thing. I'm not too worried about it since I have an extended warranty up until February of 2017.

CMUchippewa, Jan 8, 2014
  5. thehighhat
    thehighhat Guest
    Level 2

Posted 28 Mar 2014 7:08 AM

Same here. the instant on mode causes the power supply fan to run 24/7. this cannot be good for longevity. how inefficient / poorly designed is the power brick if it needs active cooling for 15 watts?!

thehighhat, Mar 27, 2014
  6. CARLTIFFIN
    CARLTIFFIN Guest
    Its not normal.Ive had 4 different X1's 3 have been silent, all using instant on mode.

Get a replacement.

CARLTIFFIN, Oct 31, 2018
  7. sp2 person Win User

Xbox One X pulsating fans

same issue, pulsating fan noise. Although it's not a loud fan noise, it's a pulsating up and down noise that is more aggravating and seems more distracting than a louder stable fan noise.
  8. DarkLordZero Win User

Need Help Trinity Vs. Corona

Do corona and trinity have the same fan noise level? Is it possible to somehow lower the fan noise without sending the console for a repair? Thanks.
  9. The Shauny86 Win User

Fan Noise

Some consoles do this when a controller is charging, I had a similar problem. If you are charging a controller unplug it for 5 mins then plug it back in again. Otherwise, I would vacuum it as the comment above suggests.
  10. xUND3F1N3Dx Win User

Fan Noise

Hey i got the same thing bro. I wouldn't worry about it. The console is warrantied from microsoft for a year so if it gets worse or something breaks just send it back.
  11. Alex Rodriguez Jr. Win User

Fan Noise

Its almost like a light chirp, right?
Thema:

Fan Noise

1. Fan Noise - Similar Threads - Fan Noise

2. Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu: hello im yasi, i have my xbox series s since 2022 july and its been so so silent and good for me but lately its been making a very very loud buzzing noise from both the left and right side of the...
  3. Xbox series s Loud fan noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s Loud fan noise: lately my xbox have been really really loud whenever i play rainbow it gets insanely loud and it gets hot especially the black part of the xbox whenever i play easy or light weight games its not...
  4. Xbox fan just started making clicking noises and becomes worse when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox fan just started making clicking noises and becomes worse when gaming: I bought my Xbox one x back in December and have been using it moderately, but as I was in the middle of playing palworlds today I noticed a noise that kept getting louder. I checked the vents/fan...
  5. Loud Fan Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loud Fan Noise: Hi, my Xbox Series X tends to make a loud noise when i play games. Almost as if it’s simulating a jet. What may be the problem? 1874d824-3071-4033-8252-8d228acdcdb0
  6. The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise but now it doesn’t.

in XBoX on Windows
    The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise but now it doesn’t.: The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise when I'm playing a game, but a month ago I opened the back of the console and I unscrewed the fan to get it out so I could clean it, there was...
  7. Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise: Xbox Series X shut off by itself today while playing. When turning it back on, it prompted a screen that said “insufficient ventilation”. It is sitting on top of the stand with nothing blocking it...
  8. My Xbox Series X is making a loud noise from the fan.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X is making a loud noise from the fan.: When I play games my Xbox is loud. d6630be2-0169-4ae7-9583-5b21f938d13f
  9. Xbox series fan noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series fan noise: Hi. Is it normal to hear the fan when you get close to the xbox I thought they were supposed to be quiet d88dff12-b68d-439f-8406-513a7cd0f47b
  10. Xbox series s fan noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s fan noise: Hi is it normal to hear the fan when you get close to the xbox I'm on xbox series s 14dce49b-f780-4ec8-825d-67ab66936516