Family sharing Xbox Live Gold Ultimate

Discus and support Family sharing Xbox Live Gold Ultimate in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got an Xbox Series X yesterday (somehow) and have an Xbox One X still. I set up the Series X and made it the home console. My kids’ accounts are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tomyeo, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Tomyeo
    Tomyeo Guest

Just got an Xbox Series X yesterday (somehow) and have an Xbox One X still. I set up the Series X and made it the home console. My kids’ accounts are added to both consoles.

The problem - my son tried to log in to play Apex Legends on the Series X and gets an EA error which tells him he needs a gold account. If I’m signed in, he can use his account, if I’m not, it’s not functioning as a home console and giving him access. Same thing now on the One X (presumably because it is not the home console).

Also, if I log in on the other console when he is online, it will kick him off because I can only be on one at a time. What am I missing?

Also, can I invite him to a party (he shows up as offline)? We’d like to play some online coop together but it’s not looking possible?

When are we getting live gold family accounts? Surely a lot of people would pay a few bucks more a month to get this to work seamlessly!

:)

Tomyeo, Mar 20, 2021
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but just no live multi player... making me crazy I don't understand the ussue

Hello InkBoxTatto,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through yes, multiplayer may not work with shared play.

Game sharing is a feature that allows members of a family to share their games and subscriptions with other family members. However, live multiplayer is not included in the shared game.

To play live multiplayer, the family member signing into the game must have an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

In this case, the person sharing games with you may not have an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. If so, you will not be able to play live multiplayer.

To check if the person you're sharing games with has an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, you can ask them to go to Settings > Account > Subscriptions.

If the person you're sharing games with has an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, but you still can't play live multiplayer, there may be another issue.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...etwork/xbox-one-multiplayer-connection-errors

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  3. Vader1010Darth Win User

Xbox sharing

* Merged

* Original title: XBox Live Gold - Family Sharing

How to sign into family sharing of XBox Live Gold on the family home Xbox?
  4. luissolid Win User

Xbox Live Gold And Game Pass Ultimate

Can i buy gold separate from the game pass ultimate? Even when they combine together?
    Just to clarify... Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Includes Xbox Games Membership for Console and PC plus Xbox Live Gold for Console.

So in this case if you have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate you have already Xbox Live Gold.

Also remember that you can share the Xbox Live Gold, Game pass with all your accounts (family) in your home console!

Regards!
  5. JimmyDickinson Win User

Xbox Live Gold access on single 'home' Xbox Series S for family member

There is plenty of information suggesting both Game Pass Ultimate and Xbox Live Gold are shareable on a machine designated as the 'Home Xbox'. The below information is from the Xbox support information.

I have an Ultimate subscription and my Xbox is set as my home machine. My son is simply logging in to his profile on that same Xbox and has access to games I have downloaded on my side, but if he goes in to Live Gold on his side its asking him to subscribe and not allowing him to use my Gold subscription as suggested.

Can I share Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on my Home Xbox?

Yes, standard Xbox home sharing policies apply for both Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold. If you have an Ultimate subscription and have designated your home Xbox, you’ll automatically share your subscription with any profile signed in on that console.

Sharing your Xbox Live Gold subscription

Here’s how Xbox Live Gold subscribers can extend their Gold subscription benefits to friends and family.

At home: Make your primary Xbox (if you have more than one) your home Xbox, which gives anyone who signs in to the console with their profile the ability to use your Gold subscription.
  6. Real Dangerr Win User

Shared content with family xbox live members

At home with Xbox One

As an Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber, you can share the benefits of Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate with others while they’re using your Xbox One console in your home. Friends and family can simply create their own account
    and gamertag on the console, which gives them the ability to enjoy Xbox Live online multiplayer gaming.

Friends or family members with their own gamertags coming over to play? No problem. They can sign in and play online multiplayer games, even if you sign off.

At a friend’s house with Xbox One

When you go to a friend’s house, you’ll be able to play multiplayer games on their Xbox One console, even if your friend is not an Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber. Once you sign in with your Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
    account, everyone using that console can access multiplayer games for as long as you’re signed in.

What Home Gold means for the Xbox One experience

With Xbox One, everyone in your home has a personalized account to enable powerful and personal experiences. That’s one of the reasons we created Home Gold. It means that your account and your gamertag are truly yours. You don’t have to share your gamertag
    for multiplayer gaming with others in your home, or have recommendations for your children appear next to recommendations for the adults in the family. It also means you can introduce new games to and enjoy multiplayer games with visiting friends. When you
    buy one Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, multiple people can enjoy the best benefits of Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on your Xbox One at no additional charge.
Thema:

1. Family sharing Xbox Live Gold Ultimate - Similar Threads - Family sharing Live

2. How do I share points to my family members?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I share points to my family members?: I cannot see how to give points to my family members. 296d0735-4738-44fd-ab53-448978e0a95a
  3. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  4. How do you share a gamepass subscription with the family but what everyone has said doesn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you share a gamepass subscription with the family but what everyone has said doesn't...: We have acquired the ultimate game pass - it works on my parents account but it doesnt work on mine. I have tried to change it from Home xbox to not my home xbox and then change it back to my...
  5. the Hunter: Call of the Wild - New DLCs not shared across family accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the Hunter: Call of the Wild - New DLCs not shared across family accounts: We have been playing the Hunter: Call of the Wild for a few years. In the past we have purchased all DLCs for the game on Account A. The Player would log in on account A then if my son or I were...
  6. How do I share my online subscription with family

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I share my online subscription with family: I got my son a new xbox for Christmas. I created him his own account and now I want to add him to my subscription to play on line with him. Is gold pass still a thing? I have done this before...
  7. Family sharing games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family sharing games: We have a family account, 2 Xboxes in the house. My son has bought MW3 can I now play that on my Xbox ? 5e09c1b2-71f3-4528-93f3-f8e192f998c7
  8. Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?: Hey so I currently have 3 Xbox’s one for myself and my two sons. Is there a way that I can share my games I’ve already bought to both of their Xbox’s? For example, if we all wanted to play...
  9. Is Xbox game pass ultimate the only game pass eligible to be shared with my family ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Xbox game pass ultimate the only game pass eligible to be shared with my family ?: I want to share my game pass with my family but right now my home Xbox only shares games. I have game pass core. 3feec88d-530b-47e5-9e89-09f2f2941682
  10. xbox live family sharing is messed up

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox live family sharing is messed up: As far as playing on a single account xbox hasn’t given me any major problems but with a family in xbox and multiple accounts there are multiple problems. The main problem is sharing xbox gold...