Family settings not working

Discus and support Family settings not working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I cannot play player created multiplayer including Minecraft realms and servers and other games. my family settings are set all to allow, but I am... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SqueezedHen, Oct 29, 2022.

1. SqueezedHen
    SqueezedHen Guest

I cannot play player created multiplayer including Minecraft realms and servers and other games. my family settings are set all to allow, but I am still unable to play. I am also unable to make purchases in the Microsoft store. Is there a way to fix this?

:)

SqueezedHen, Oct 29, 2022
  2. SqueezedHen Win User

Everything listed is already set to allow on both accounts. this is for both multiplayer settings and purchasing settings.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Do you have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription? To play an online multiplayer game you need to have an Xbox Live Gold subscription or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select System > Settings > Account > Subscriptions.
  4. SqueezedHen Win User

[​IMG]
    I followed all these steps and regained the ability to purchase stuff again but am unable to play online still
  5. Francia J. Win User

Kindly sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings using the organizer account and then click your Gamertag and then "block" the setting that has an arrow in this screenshot then click on "submit", after "allow" them again, and then submit. Perform a powercycle on your console after making the changes.

[​IMG]
  6. Francia J. Win User

I appreciate you letting me know. If that's the case, remove and re-add your account to sync the changes that were made.

REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​
Thema:

1. Family settings not working - Similar Threads - Family settings working

2. Why am I part of an xbox family even though I never had it set up that way or own an xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I part of an xbox family even though I never had it set up that way or own an xbox: My account is the child account in a family with no adult and I can’t figure out how to leave or what to do 9dfb969f-31d3-4fdb-8acc-c54fbda8325c
  3. How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360: Heyy n I've tried almost everything to remove the family setting but it not working out Is the anything I could do to remove or restart the console fb9bf81c-b458-48eb-ad5b-5cf97f944411
  4. How do I change family safety setting on cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change family safety setting on cloud gaming: Cloud family is saying due to my family safety settings I can not play fortnight how do I change the settings d6773136-8ad0-4281-917e-6a2c605629ff
  5. How to remove family settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to remove family settings?: Hi all, I am currently trying to change my Account location/region however it is not letting me due to “Family settings” on my account. I have looked on my account and I was the host of a family,...
  6. Why is reporting in-game voice chat an option for players who opt out of family settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is reporting in-game voice chat an option for players who opt out of family settings?: Xbox needs to be for everyone, I clouding free-speaking adults whose gaming experience is enhanced by free speech, confrontation, dark humor, etc. If I wanted that, I'd be going to the local...
  7. I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings: i am the only member in my family group. I'm in a family group because my game told me Microsoft blocked me out of its own functions. the solution stated in Microsoft is to sign into family...
  8. Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inability to change Xbox privacy settings despite the lack of a family: When I was trying to play Halo Infinite's Forge Experience, I was met with a prompt multiple times telling me that my privacy settings were preventing me from accessing Forge content. So, after...
  9. Xbox Family Settings appearing out of nowhere

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Family Settings appearing out of nowhere: For reference I am eighteen years old and my Xbox account has never been involved in a family group on Xbox. A few weeks ago now my Xbox account suddenly decided that I was in a family group and...
  10. Xbox family app Minecraft multiplayer settings not working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox family app Minecraft multiplayer settings not working.: I selected yes for allowing multiplayer on Minecraft for my kid on both the website and app in his account within the family, but when opening the game on pc he purchased (Minecraft Java) the...