Family Safety unable to manage consent

Discus and support Family Safety unable to manage consent in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I (and many others, from posts I have read elsewhere) am experiencing a problem that sounds identical to that described by... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Trice77, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Trice77
    Trice77 Guest

I (and many others, from posts I have read elsewhere) am experiencing a problem that sounds identical to that described by the original poster. I did what you suggested in your reply post - removing the affected child from our family group and then re-adding - and unfortunately nothing changed. (For background, I should add that I have two kids on my family account and this issue is only occurring with one of them.)

I do have one data point to add that I had not noticed before. From the Family Safety page, when I click the drop-down box next to either child's name and select "Manage Consent," I am taken to a "Manage permissions" page and only one of my kids is listed there. The kid who we're having this verification issue with is not listed there.

Thank you.

:)

Trice77, Oct 27, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello and good day!

We have update from our internal support and have these steps to resolve the issue.

"For those who are still having issues, please follow these steps: On the child's device, log in with the child's account and then try to verify using child's pin/password. Verification needs to happen on the child device using child account and not on admin's device.

You can try using the steps from this support article as well: Fix family activity reporting for Windows 10 (microsoft.com)
    Let me know if you continue to see these issues.

We really appreciate for the patience.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello Trice77,

Thank you for your prompt response, Trice77.

Seems like we have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps and still the issue persists. The best thing for us to do now is to submit a feedback and report a problem through here. Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support.

Submitting a bug through the Xbox App

1. Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon

2. Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu

3. Select “Report a problem”

4. Click Give new feedback

5. Add [Xbox Forum] in “Summarize your feedback” followed by a feedback summary

a. Summary should be descriptive and fully detailing the error you are receiving. Links redirecting to this forum post will not be accepted and will cause a delay in your feedback submission.

6. Category should automatically be selected.

7. In the "add more details" category, you will have the option to "Recreate my problem". Recreating the problem will help us further pinpoint the error you are receiving.

[​IMG]

We really appreciate for your patience and effort in writing here on Forums.

If you have other concerns, you can create a new post here. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

We wish you a good day!

Kind regards

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Trice77 Win User

Geri - I am in the United States.

My kids are already members of my family. My issue is not, and has never been, that they are not in my family group. It is the weird error message telling them to log in to our Xbox to verify their accounts. They have always remained in my family group, except a few times while troubleshooting when I removed them and invited them back.

However, they are not in the list under the "Manage consent" option on the Family Safety page.
  5. C.Wilmanns Win User

Als ich dieses Gespräch las, wurde mir klar, dass mir das auch passiert.
    Ich habe seit Monaten dasselbe Problem wie Trice77.

Wenn ich mich *auf dem Gerät meines Kindes*, mit dem *Benutzeraccount meines Kindes einlogge* und dann in Microsoft Edge "aka.mas/familyverify" aufrufe um den Benutzeraccount meines Kindes zu verifizieren, dann öffnet sich ein *leeres Fenster* mit dem Titel "Microsoft Family Features".

Ich kann den Account nicht verifizieren.

Ich bekomme die "Reparieren" Meldung nicht weg.

Das funktioniert einfach nicht.

Leider kommt es immer wieder vor, dass mein Kind die vorgegebenen Benutzungszeiten und -zeiträume nicht einhält, weil sich diese, aus mir unerklärlichen Gründen, immer wieder ändern.

Es scheint, als wenn mein Kind eine Möglichkeit gefunden hat, die Einstellungen selbst zu ändern.

Ich würde mich sehr freuen, wenn das behoben werden kann.

Danke und Gruß

C. Wilmanns
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hello Trice77,

We appreciate for your response. We will be investigating this further.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Family Safety unable to manage consent - Similar Threads - Family Safety unable

2. How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?: My 14 years old is able to leave the family group. How can i prevent it? 9d32f861-e576-4990-a473-f99459314cd1
  3. Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety: I have our XBox set up so that my son gets a certain amount of screentime a day. It's also configured so that an account must be signed in to access apps. I've tested this out with games and other...
  4. Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. "

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. ": Save adult organizers in Microsoft Family Safety. Is saved member but it's happened [img] Have problems To change this setting, have a parent sign in on console or web Need Tutorial...
  5. How do you get Family Safety App to report location accurately (Android)?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you get Family Safety App to report location accurately (Android)?: I have the Microsoft Family Safety app installed on my family's phones. Everyone is logged in under their accounts. however, whenever I pull up the app on my phone, it can never find anyone's...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error: Hi All, I have tried multiple computer, browsers and on mobile devices. I always get the same error when I go to access Spending under the Microsoft Family account for my child. i have tried over...
  7. How do I change family safety setting on cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change family safety setting on cloud gaming: Cloud family is saying due to my family safety settings I can not play fortnight how do I change the settings d6773136-8ad0-4281-917e-6a2c605629ff
  8. How do I re-add my account to family safety when it won't let me send the invite?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I re-add my account to family safety when it won't let me send the invite?: I am trying to re-add my account back to family safety but it won't let me send the invite. It just says "give it another try, the invite didn't send". I tried to troubleshoot this with Microsoft...
  9. Family safety Details

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family safety Details: Need to be able to see the following for connected devices in family safety: IP Address SSID connected This will help with troubleshooting issues and locating if necessary...
  10. Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t: Dear support team, I am facing two issues currently: Firstly, I cannot add my kid’s account back to the Family Safety Account and the system showed me to ask the support team for help. The...