Family Safety: Option "Manage this child's access to third-party apps" can't be found

Discus and support Family Safety: Option "Manage this child's access to third-party apps" can't be found in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Could you please provide exact instructions i.e. step-by-step, how we can find this option (Manage this child's access to third-party apps) in Family... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EasyElephantRider, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Family Safety: Option "Manage this child's access to third-party apps" can't be found

Could you please provide exact instructions i.e. step-by-step, how we can find this option (Manage this child's access to third-party apps) in Family Safety.

It's not available neither in "content filters" nor anybody else in settings of my son's profile.

If I select "Manage consent" for my child in Family Safety, I get the following message:

"In the United States, South Korea, Brazil, and the EU, legislation requires that children have adult consent before creating an online account. You can use this page to manage the child accounts for which you provided consent. Learn more.

To manage restrictions for your children, view your family settings. "

And then I can get to the initial page"Your Family" in Family Safety.

Thank you, Microsoft, for the demonstration of endless loop.

Now my son perfectly understands how while(true) {} works in programming languages!

:)

EasyElephantRider, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Family Safety: Option "Manage this child's access to third-party apps" can't be found

Hello, EasyElephantRider. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

On your web browser, please go to:

https://account.live.com/mykids.aspx

It should show you all your kids accounts that you can manage consent. On your right, you should see the option "Manage this child's access to third-party apps".

If you don't see any option there or if the page above does not show any child account that is in your family settings, unfortunately you are not the parent who added this child account to your family group.

Only the parent that added the kid to the family can manage his/her content access.

I hope you understand. If you have any question, please let me know.

[​IMG]
  3. SarahD2_021 Win User

Access to third party apps

Thank you! We are using a PC. Yes, I’d like to adjust settings for a child’s account. I found all of the Family Safety menus but I can’t find anything that mentions Third Party apps.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

WHERE IS THE "Manage this child's access to third-party apps"?????

5. PhilRusso1 Win User

There is no "Manage my child's profile info" anywhere on that page.

That page is titled "Family Safety".

There are 4 "squares" listed below that (one for me, one for our kids mother, one for our kid and one for our nephew).

On my kid's square, there are 3 vertical dots. In that context menu there is an option to "Manage Consent". I click that and it takes me to that empty page where you asked if my son was in my Family Group:

[​IMG]

Under this section is another section called "Your Features". There are 11 squares here. None of them say "Manage my child's info". They are:

* Content Filters

* Screen Time

* Try the Family Safety app

* Find your family

* Spending

* Activity Reporting

* Your family email

* Need more help?

* Family Calendar

* Family OneNote

* Drive Safety

None of these options give me anything like managing my child's profile, his third-party apps or anything. If they do mention something similar, I get into the pages that are empty for me (like above).

So all in all, I cannot manage or even delete his account.
  6. PhilRusso1 Win User

Hey! Figured I would reply to the resolution. The controls I needed were indeed showing up under her account rather than mine. So that actually fixes the issue.

But its weird because we both know I am the one that created the family, did the accounts and added her later.

Anyway,

Thanks for all your help Lucas Lauer!
Thema:

1. Family Safety: Option "Manage this child's access to third-party apps" can't be found - Similar Threads - Family Safety Option

2. How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?: My 14 years old is able to leave the family group. How can i prevent it? 9d32f861-e576-4990-a473-f99459314cd1
  3. Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety: I have our XBox set up so that my son gets a certain amount of screentime a day. It's also configured so that an account must be signed in to access apps. I've tested this out with games and other...
  4. Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. "

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. ": Save adult organizers in Microsoft Family Safety. Is saved member but it's happened [img] Have problems To change this setting, have a parent sign in on console or web Need Tutorial...
  5. How do you get Family Safety App to report location accurately (Android)?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you get Family Safety App to report location accurately (Android)?: I have the Microsoft Family Safety app installed on my family's phones. Everyone is logged in under their accounts. however, whenever I pull up the app on my phone, it can never find anyone's...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety Child Spending page error: Hi All, I have tried multiple computer, browsers and on mobile devices. I always get the same error when I go to access Spending under the Microsoft Family account for my child. i have tried over...
  7. How do I change family safety setting on cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change family safety setting on cloud gaming: Cloud family is saying due to my family safety settings I can not play fortnight how do I change the settings d6773136-8ad0-4281-917e-6a2c605629ff
  8. How do I re-add my account to family safety when it won't let me send the invite?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I re-add my account to family safety when it won't let me send the invite?: I am trying to re-add my account back to family safety but it won't let me send the invite. It just says "give it another try, the invite didn't send". I tried to troubleshoot this with Microsoft...
  9. Family safety Details

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family safety Details: Need to be able to see the following for connected devices in family safety: IP Address SSID connected This will help with troubleshooting issues and locating if necessary...
  10. Error page on family safety spending page

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error page on family safety spending page: I’m continually getting the following messages when I try to open the spending page on my sons account. Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may...