Family Restrictions HELP

Discus and support Family Restrictions HELP in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have spent 3 evenings and give up with this now. Me, adult have an account setup, I have setup my daughter with her own account with restrictions on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FarthestShoe876, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Family Restrictions HELP

I have spent 3 evenings and give up with this now.

Me, adult have an account setup, I have setup my daughter with her own account with restrictions on family. However she has been downloading, playing and saving games on my login until now and now if she tries to use her account they are not there or not
    the saved levels she was at in various games.

I want my account to have a pin access so games cannot be played without restrictions, purchases cannot be made and settings cannot be changed.

I want my daughter to have automatic login to her account and I want all the games currently on my account to be available on her account at the levels she saved on my account. I want the day/time/purchase restrictions to kick in as I have requested on
    her account and require an adult pin if play time is extended or purchase required and age restrictions on content.

Going mad as it is not simple and I think I am pretty tec savvy for an older person.

Thanks if you can assist

:)

FarthestShoe876, Jun 11, 2018
  2. dewey240
    dewey240 Guest
    Family restrictions

I just bought a Xbox 360 slim at a yard sale. It has a family restriction timer on it that requires a password? Is there a way to by pass this? Thank you!

dewey240, Jun 11, 2018
  3. goboilers777
    goboilers777 Guest
    Child Account

How do I prevent my child from just removing himself from the Family account on which I have set restrictions?

Help.

goboilers777, Jun 11, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Family Restrictions HELP

Nothing can be transferred between accounts. So there is no way to transfer any of the progress she has made on your account to her account. She would have to start over. She can still access the games themselves as long as you have the console set as your
    Home console. My Home Xbox Setting on Xbox One | Share Your Xbox One

You can find instructions here on how to set her profile to automatically sign in as well as have yours require a password - Change Your Sign-In Preferences on Your Xbox One

Smwutches, Jun 11, 2018
  5. Smwutches Win User

Family Restrictions HELP

Nothing can be transferred between accounts. So there is no way to transfer any of the progress she has made on your account to her account. She would have to start over. She can still access the games themselves as long as you have the console set as your
    Home console. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

You can find instructions here on how to set her profile to automatically sign in as well as have yours require a password - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-account/change-signin-preferences
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Family Settings for App Downloads

Hi redonkulous,

Thanks for your post. For information on parental controls with Microsoft families, check out this article:

What is a Microsoft family group?
    although Microsoft Family allows you to restrict your child's interactions and content he view, this will not apply to other web browsers and items he downloads. For restriction on different browsers, please refer to the
    developer's website.

I hope this information helps!
  7. DangerousBard Win User

Family restrictions

It seems that this is with regards to family pass code. On the console, go to settings > system > console settings > system info > and take note of the serial number. In order to override the code, the console's serial number has to be registered online:

myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx

Once it is registered, you have to contact the chat group so that they can generate the override code:

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us
  8. Darhyl Amizola Win User

family restrictions

Hi Logan! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your account.

For us to isolate the case, kindly try to create a new Microsoft adult account with a new email address on account.microsoft.com

Note: The issue to this solution may take a lot of steps.

Once you have the adult account, sign into account.microsoft.com > Family settings > then add your main account as a "Family member"

Note: Ensure that your adult account is the "Organizer" and your main account is the "Family Member" to make this work.

Once you have successfully added your main/child account in your Microsoft family, you can proceed to manage your child account's privacy settings using your newly created adult account according to the official Xbox website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...ttings by selecting View details & customize.

"Sign in to your adult Microsoft account at Xbox.com.

Select your Gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).

Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & Online Safety.

Note: Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you may have to enter your password or PIN.

Select the gamertag for the child/main account that you want to manage.

Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

Review the current settings and update all of the options as "Allow" and "Everyone", and then select Submit to save the changes.

Note: You must select Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't submit the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved.

Then check if the issue with family restrictions has been resolved."

If you have an issue with spending restrictions, please check this link on how to manage the settings: https://support.microsoft.com/en-US...y-safety-f30d6801-165d-9f86-3fe7-063245c0449b

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  9. ImAice Win User

family restrictions

Hi Khalil! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

To be honest with you, looks like the system is detecting that you own a child account as you won't be able to see the page if it's considered as child.

If it's not considered as adult, you need to ask an adult on your family to manage your settings by adding you as a child under their family account.

You can also check your date of birth here: https://account.microsoft.com/profile

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.
Thema:

Family Restrictions HELP

1. Family Restrictions HELP - Similar Threads - Family Restrictions HELP

2. How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360?: I've been trying for 2 days to remove a family passcode from a used system with no luck (I'm unable to play Dead or Alive). I tried by myself on 4-10-2024 and today (4-11-2024) for an hour with...
  3. Nightmare family pack now showing up on Xbox x It’s says I redeemed code. But no one shows up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Nightmare family pack now showing up on Xbox x It’s says I redeemed code. But no one shows up: Nightmare family pack not showing up after I redeemed code. 92cdab1f-4f92-4781-9a65-d986352b7c4f
  4. Xbox Series X WWE 2K24 American Nightmare family pack

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X WWE 2K24 American Nightmare family pack: Xbox Series X WWE 2K24 American Nightmare family pack code has been redeemed but there’s none of the content on my game. After attempting to try the code again, the response I get is that the code...
  5. Xbox series X wwe 2k24 american nightmare family pack code was redeemed on PC but not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox series X wwe 2k24 american nightmare family pack code was redeemed on PC but not...: Xbox series X wwe 2k24 american nightmare family pack code was redeemed on PC but not showing up on xbox series x console 1963545a-d12a-4715-a864-ca57e8d12bf8
  6. Xbox Family feature request for the home automation community.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Family feature request for the home automation community.: I would like to know if there are any plans to include the option for push notifications for when a profile with screen limits has reached their limit? This would be helpful for creating triggers....
  7. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  8. How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?: My 14 years old is able to leave the family group. How can i prevent it? 9d32f861-e576-4990-a473-f99459314cd1
  9. family restrictions

in XBoX Accessibility
    family restrictions: My account has access restrictions but I’m 21 and the age set on the account matches. Ive tried multiple ways around this but the only thing that works is making a new account but I don’t want to...
  10. Where are the family content restrictions? I am trying to enable multiplayer features for...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where are the family content restrictions? I am trying to enable multiplayer features for...: I am trying to edit my kid's Minecraft permissions so they can play online with friends. I found this: "Sign in to the app with an organizer’s Microsoft account, and then do one of the following...