Family game share not working

Discus and support Family game share not working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I have 3 Xbox in my house (My Xbox One, a son's Xbox one, and a another son's Xbox Series S). We have had my Xbox set as the Home Xbox for years... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WickedCueball, Nov 21, 2023.

1. Family game share not working

So I have 3 Xbox in my house (My Xbox One, a son's Xbox one, and a another son's Xbox Series S).

We have had my Xbox set as the Home Xbox for years and they were able to play my games and use Xbox Live. Recently this has changed and I can't figure out why. The Series S started with this change. They can still use Xbox Live but my games from my Xbox One does not appear on the other ones anymore. The other Xbox One was fine but it now will not show them either. If the game is already downloaded it will show a triangle with an explanation point in the middle. If the game is not downloaded it will not appear in their games list. However, If I sign into my account then it all works. But I can't be signed into 3 different consoles at the same time. I have double check that my Xbox One is set as the Home Xbox and none of the others are set that way. I found an article about fixing it with power cycling the console, deleting persistent Storage, and factory resetting the Xbox (keeping the games and apps) but none of that fixed the problem.

Anyone have any help on how to fix this?

Thank you

:)

WickedCueball, Nov 21, 2023
  2. Mistress Sara Win User

Which console do you want everyone to be able to play your purchased games on? That is the one that needs to be the home console.

Any other consoles will need to have the purchasing account signed into it (or their account will need to have purchased the game). At most, a game can be played on 2 consoles at the same time (the purchasing account's home console, and a second console the purchasing account is signed into).

You mention there are 3 consoles in the house. More on the home console setting can be found here.

You mentioned, "If the game is already downloaded it will show a triangle with an explanation point in the middle."

That means the purchase license isn't there. You either need to be on the account's home console, or the purchasing account needs to be signed in to use the game.
  3. WickedCueball Win User

Thank you Mistress Sara!

I was thinking of it wrong. I was thinking my main Xbox had to be the Home Xbox for some reason.

I got it all sorted out last night.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Family Share not working

Yes it's incorrect, you need to setup Xbox A as the home Xbox using profile B, and setup Xbox B as the home Xbox using profile A. That way you can share each others games and subscriptions (Game Pass, EA Access, Gold, Ultimate)
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Family Share not working

Let me explain it a little better for you we will follow this example.

No matter what console a profile is signed into it will always be able to play its digitally bought games and use any subscription that it has. Each profile can set ONE console at a time as its home console and any other profile on that console then can
    play its digital games and use any of its subscriptions. Keep in mind you can only switch which console a profile has set as its home console FIVE times a year.

CA= Console A If A1 has this set as its profiles home xbox then A2 and any other profile can play A1s digital games and use A1s subscriptions.

CB= Console B only A1 would be able to play its digital games and use its subscriptions

A1= Account 1 has the games and subscriptions

A2= Account 2 Kids account

So basically whatever console your kids are going to be playing on the most you would want to set as your home xbox so they can play your digital games
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Family Share not working

Thema:

1. Family game share not working - Similar Threads - Family game share

2. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  3. Family sharing games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family sharing games: We have a family account, 2 Xboxes in the house. My son has bought MW3 can I now play that on my Xbox ? 5e09c1b2-71f3-4528-93f3-f8e192f998c7
  4. Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?: Hey so I currently have 3 Xbox’s one for myself and my two sons. Is there a way that I can share my games I’ve already bought to both of their Xbox’s? For example, if we all wanted to play...
  5. Is Xbox game pass ultimate the only game pass eligible to be shared with my family ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Xbox game pass ultimate the only game pass eligible to be shared with my family ?: I want to share my game pass with my family but right now my home Xbox only shares games. I have game pass core. 3feec88d-530b-47e5-9e89-09f2f2941682
  6. GamePass family sharing function is causing a game to die

in XboX Insiders
    GamePass family sharing function is causing a game to die: Hello dear r/xboxinsiders community! My friends and I have done everything possible to help this game, but the curse of the hackers is incurable for our position. Now we have to rely on higher...
  7. Games pass family sharing for Fortnite:Save the Word

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games pass family sharing for Fortnite:Save the Word: I have games pass ultimate, and while my child has access to Fortnite, only my account has access to the “Save the World” content that comes with games pass. bf339663-8a9a-4763-99fd-f68342a2adc8
  8. Sharing Games and Subscriptions with Family Members

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing Games and Subscriptions with Family Members: Hi In my household we have three separate Xbox series S consoles. I have one and I have two sons which have one each. We all have separate gaming tags. We are set up as a family and I have...
  9. Game Pass Ultimate: Is Xbox Cloud Gamming not available to share with family members

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Ultimate: Is Xbox Cloud Gamming not available to share with family members: Hi There, Tried to trouble shoot from a previous blog about children using Game Pass Ultimate. I have set our console to Home and my son's account still says he has to subscribe to use cloud...
  10. Why can't the Ultimate game pass be shared with family on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't the Ultimate game pass be shared with family on PC?: Same [mod removed] question, not sure why I also have to write here!?! GAME PASS ULTIMATE ON PCs, why can't I share with the family durrr 580c7160-af9f-4037-90d9-10cc2cc66694