Family Game Pass and Kids set-up

Discus and support Family Game Pass and Kids set-up in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all. I am mum of 3 kids, 2 of which will soon have an X-Box Series S (ages 13 and 15). I have set up a Microsoft family account under my name and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fish5XB, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Fish5XB
    Fish5XB Guest

Hi all.

I am mum of 3 kids, 2 of which will soon have an X-Box Series S (ages 13 and 15). I have set up a Microsoft family account under my name and linked the kids accounts, but accidentally linked one Gamertag to my name/email.

Q1: He does not want to loose his Minecraft stuff/progress - is it better to create a new account/new Gamertag for him, so that all new games/progress are linked to him - or does it not matter if he continues with my account/is this future proof?

Q2: We are new to XBox - Do I now set up the 2 new XBox using my kids accounts and phones for the App set up, or set up with my account?

Q3: Would we have to purchase a GamePass Ultimate each or can we share one with this set-up?

Thanks!

:)

Fish5XB, Jul 21, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hi there! Here are the answers to your questions:

Answer to Q1: You can always change the Gamertag which is why creating another Gamertag for him or letting him use your account is completely up to you but my advise would be to create another Gamertag that's linked to him in order not to lose his progress and continue his games where he left. Find more on how to do so here => How to change your Xbox gamertag | Xbox Support.

Answer to Q2: You can go with whatever option you are more comfortable with. You can even include their personal phone numbers and your own email in their security information for extra precaution and in case you forget the passwords in the future. Find more information on how to do this here => How to add an email address or phone number to your Microsoft account.

Answer to Q3: You don't have to purchase the subscription twice, you can purchase it under an account and share it by signing into the other console and making it a home console (let me know if this step is not clear so I can explain it more). You can learn more about the home console here => Designate a home Xbox | Xbox Support.
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

About your doubts.

Answer 1: About him using his account, his track record will not be lost, nor his conquest;

Answer 2: I recommend using your children's accounts and numbers.

Answer 3: The game pass can be shared with several accounts, but only two people can play at the same time, in case one of your children with the ultimate game pass subscription will have to set his console as the main house, and the other will play as a guest. Note: It is necessary that the account that has the active subscription is logged in on both consoles.
  4. Nickie leigh Win User

Can’t request call back, keeps asking me to sign in before I can accept an agent calling yet it gets stuck on sign in button??

I have photos here, it has me signed in then kicks me on a virtual agent.. I want to stop paying for all my separate family accounts and get all my kids set up on one family account. I’ve got one kid who thinks they can spend my money on anything while away at friends houses and another kid that can’t even play any game pass game?? **** happening here
  5. B1gC0untryDad81 Win User

Game pass and child account

Did you set up your family account? Go to settings, Account, Family Settings, Manage family Members, Add to Family. it will cost about 1.50 per kid. But it will be able to set time limits and everything and they will be able to game share with you. Which
    brings me to the next Answer, to set up gameshare go to settings, ( if not already there) go to personalization, my home Xbox and make it your home xbox. Hope this helps. I have 4 kids and had to do this for all so they can all play games.
  6. chris_cypert Win User

Xbox family account and game pass sharing

When I got the next gens xboxs and set them up, made the family account, they were working fine till today. Had everyone playing games on the one subscription. Because I thought that's what the family account was suppose to do. Share the subscription with the "family memebers" and I thought it was. Wife was playing her game just fine. Kids were playing games off the game pass with no problem. Then today on my renewal either the wife cant play her game on xbox or kids cant play theirs...
Thema:

1. Family Game Pass and Kids set-up - Similar Threads - Family Game Pass

2. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  3. second game pass profile for my family

in XBoX Accessibility
    second game pass profile for my family: How do I create a second game pass profile for my family 352591e0-9ac9-490d-b11f-f28390d4a860
  4. Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.: Husband bought new Xbox Series X. We have Game Pass Ultimate. Our son could play all of his game pass games at the same time his dad was playing his Xbox before we got the new one. Now that we...
  5. Is the an Xbox game pass that can be used at the same time with family members? Like a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the an Xbox game pass that can be used at the same time with family members? Like a...: I have three Xbox’s and want to play at the same time with my kids. It seems that I would have to buy three Xbox game passes to support this but 180 dollars seems like a lot to pay just so we can...
  6. Is Xbox game pass ultimate the only game pass eligible to be shared with my family ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Xbox game pass ultimate the only game pass eligible to be shared with my family ?: I want to share my game pass with my family but right now my home Xbox only shares games. I have game pass core. 3feec88d-530b-47e5-9e89-09f2f2941682
  7. Cloud Gaming, does every family member need their own ultimate pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Gaming, does every family member need their own ultimate pass?: Hi! I have an Ultimate Pass, and I can play Cloud Gaming. My son wants to play Cloud Gaming. His account is set to the same home XBox as me. But his Online Gaming account still says he needs to...
  8. Games pass family sharing for Fortnite:Save the Word

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games pass family sharing for Fortnite:Save the Word: I have games pass ultimate, and while my child has access to Fortnite, only my account has access to the “Save the World” content that comes with games pass. bf339663-8a9a-4763-99fd-f68342a2adc8
  9. Game Pass Ultimate: Is Xbox Cloud Gamming not available to share with family members

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Ultimate: Is Xbox Cloud Gamming not available to share with family members: Hi There, Tried to trouble shoot from a previous blog about children using Game Pass Ultimate. I have set our console to Home and my son's account still says he has to subscribe to use cloud...
  10. Why can't my family access ultimate game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my family access ultimate game pass?: We have an ultimate game pass subscription, we are based in the UK, the xbox one x home setting is set to the xbox. Family members on the microsoft subscripton and xbox only seem to receive game...