Fallout Tactics (PC) Game Pass Fullscreen Problem and Fix

Discus and support Fallout Tactics (PC) Game Pass Fullscreen Problem and Fix in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So when I launched FO Tactics in would only load into borderless window mode at default game scale resolution. I'd have to manually adjust the windows... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by John Price 79, May 28, 2023.

1. Fallout Tactics (PC) Game Pass Fullscreen Problem and Fix

So when I launched FO Tactics in would only load into borderless window mode at default game scale resolution. I'd have to manually adjust the windows resolution and that just looked like garbage.

I eventually found the fix in a steam forum, Navigate to the installation directory, and create a shortcut to BOS.exe, works first time every time. So I'm sharing it here as my searches didn't turn up this particular problem here.

here was the shortcut path I used.

"C:\XboxGames\Fallout Tactics (PC)\Content\Fallout Tactics English\BOS.exe"

Happy gaming everyone.

:)

John Price 79, May 28, 2023
  2. J Thom123 Win User

I had a similar issue with the game only launching in windowed mode with no option to change the display resolution in the settings.

Another workaround for this I found was to change launcher_settings.cfg in C:\XboxGames\Fallout Tactics (PC)\Content

The first line is "BinaryPath=BOS_HR.exe"

Changing this to "BinaryPath=TacticsLauncher.exe" allows the Xbox app PLAY button to launch the original game launcher. Launching the game through that launcher allows it to start full screen, the display resolution can be selected in Options again, and the selected resolution is saved after the game is closed.
  3. Pxlz22 Win User

Hello John! I'm Nicolas an Independent advisor, glad to be talking with you!

Thanks! I'm glad to being able to obtain this tip because we, the advisors, receive almost daily a problem of this kind within a specific game and we always try our best to help them, so you bringing us the help is very kind!

Hope you have a great rest of your day! Good luck with your gaming!
  4. IngameInstincts Win User

For all you Fallout Fans

Dumb question but ...Is there a way to play Fallout jn fullscreen ?
  5. bruhscrub Win User

broken cursor issue

Thanks for fixing my game, it works on full screen now but another problem with Roblox when I'm on the Microsoft app is that I cannot use fullscreen sometimes. As soon as I turn on fullscreen, the game goes fullscreen for a second before returning to normal. can you guide me on how to fix it?

Its really random if full screen works or not

Edit : If i full screen while im loading in the game , it will work but im wondering if theres another way to go fullscreen while im not loading
  6. Rozark Win User

Noticed some changes..

@gutsycmor Chicago was in Fallout Tactics well kind of

-

@Clyms3y468 nope, but there was fix up military cars in Fallout Tactics & one car in fallout 2 which it was just there because the map was big unlike fallout 3 & New Vegas.

-

there's really no need for any type of transportation because its not like Skyrim where you can go around in a horse on the side of the mountain.
Thema:

1. Fallout Tactics (PC) Game Pass Fullscreen Problem and Fix - Similar Threads - Fallout Tactics Game

2. Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile: Both my boyfriend and I have the new Xbox X console. When I was there I downloaded Fallout New Vegas and played it the past 2 days. I got home and installed New Vegas and was planning on...
  3. Achievements aren't working for fallout 4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Achievements aren't working for fallout 4: I've been achievement hunting and skyrim and minecraft achievements are working but fallout 4 achievements aren't 45acdfd8-d4ba-4d88-8860-563157bb286f
  4. Fallout 4 “unmissable” achievement not unlocking.

in XBoX on Windows
    Fallout 4 “unmissable” achievement not unlocking.: The “Hunter/Hunted” achievement in Fallout 4 did not unlock despite me completing the quest. You can see that I’ve got passed that and completed the next mission just fine with that one’s...
  5. Fallout 3 on game pass cloud problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 3 on game pass cloud problems: I just started playing Fallout 3 from the game pass cloud, all buttons are responding on my newer generation controller except LT and RT, do I need to use an older controller?...
  6. How do I fix corrupt or glitched out DLC content in Fallout 4?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix corrupt or glitched out DLC content in Fallout 4?: I have owned Fallout 4 GOTY edition since release. I use to play the game on my Xbox one and the game / DLC content worked fine. I’ve recently got a Xbox series X, the new next gen console. When I...
  7. Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas through Backwards Compatiblity on Series X and Xbox One not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas through Backwards Compatiblity on Series X and Xbox One not...: I recently got a Series X console and tried to play Fallout 3, but it keeps giving errors about not being able to connect to Xbox Live, even though the console has an internet connection and I'm...
  8. fallout 3 keeps crashing on the xbox pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fallout 3 keeps crashing on the xbox pc app: just installed Fallout 3 thru the xbox app on my pc, this is a fresh install with no mods and it keeps crashing. as soon as i hit play from the fallout 3 launcher the screen goes black and looks...
  9. Fallout 76 won't install on my Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 won't install on my Xbox One: Hi, Fallout 76 won't install on my Xbox One. I have tried several times but it always stops installing. I got it second hand so thought it might be that but exchanged it for another one and this...
  10. Will a hard copy of the DLCs work on a dital copy Of Fallout New Vegas?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will a hard copy of the DLCs work on a dital copy Of Fallout New Vegas?: I just bought fallout New Vegas for 2$.95 on Xbox game store And realize I forgot the DLCs but it's 25 to 30 bucks for the DLCs by themselves so I thought about getting a hard copy for 9.99 with...