Fallout 76 doesnt start at all

Discus and support Fallout 76 doesnt start at all in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I freshly installed FO76 from MS Store and when I try to launch it, it opens a window that says "launching game..." and then it closes and nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Honza Vakaráč, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Fallout 76 doesnt start at all

Hi,

I freshly installed FO76 from MS Store and when I try to launch it, it opens a window that says "launching game..." and then it closes and nothing happens. In EventViewer, I noticed one error and an information message:

And:

I tried these options:

• Reinstalling Xbox Services, Reseting/Repairing all Xbox apps
    • Yes I'm logged in with the same account in MS Store and Xbox app and Xbox Game Bar
    • Drivers & Windows Update
    • Checked integrity of the game
    • No, I'm not redownloading a NEW game that I just downloaded. There's no reason this would help
    • I had this game once installed like a year ago via GamePass so I tried to delete its Documents folder
    • Restart PC
    • New Windows User
    • Yes other game that I have (Sea of Thieves) works just fine
    • I use MSI AfterBurner and other software BUT I already tried to boot without all of it and it didn't help.
    • No, I'm not reinstalling Windows. That's a Workaround, not a solution.
    • Microsoft support is useless, didn't help.

My Specs:
    • Ryzen 5 2600
    • GTX970 4GB
    • 32GB RAM
    • Win10 21H2 19044.2006
    • Pagefile set to 8GB

Every time I try to install any game via Xbox/Microsoft services something breaks. In fact, there are already so many people with similar issues. I am really surprised that anyone even bothers to buy Gamepass when these issues arise all the time.

Fallout 76 doesnt start at all [​IMG]

Thx for any insight.

John

:)

Honza Vakaráč, Oct 5, 2022
  2. Honza Vakaráč Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Crash on Launch

3. Alberto_GWF Win User

Hello, just to inform, I am having the same problem. Got Fallout 76 on the Microsoft Store as a gift from Amazon Prime Gaming. Installed it and, when launching, it opens a small window with a message stating that the game is starting... and then suddenly closes. So it is a generalised problem, maybe because of compatibility or something like that.
  4. Honza Vakaráč Win User

I tried to use a different Windows User with the same account. But is it even possible to play it somehow with a different Microsoft account? After all the game is bound to the main one. How do I manage to play it with another one?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi John, this can be a bit odd. But can you try using a completely different Microsoft account to see if the issue persist inside fallout 76?
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi John, sincerely we already exhausted all the options available from your side

The last one is perform the custom installation for your Windows system (basically reinstall windows)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

So, would be better to see what solution they can provide. Or if maybe this is an ongoing problem

In any case, I'm going to stay subscribed to this thread

Let me know what they say!

For now, take care
Thema:

1. Fallout 76 doesnt start at all - Similar Threads - Fallout doesnt start

2. Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...: Hello, I have a lot of saved games and characters on my fallout 4, wanting to get back into it. I’ve been spending hours and hours searching online and trying to find fixes for this issue, I’ve...
  3. fallout 4 problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    fallout 4 problem: Every time that i try to play fallout 4 i am told “ we can’t save more data for this game or app” i was wondering my how to fix this issue 6f6d4c0a-5a87-44a1-b732-47f2274a43ac
  4. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  5. Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile: Both my boyfriend and I have the new Xbox X console. When I was there I downloaded Fallout New Vegas and played it the past 2 days. I got home and installed New Vegas and was planning on...
  6. Achievements aren't working for fallout 4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Achievements aren't working for fallout 4: I've been achievement hunting and skyrim and minecraft achievements are working but fallout 4 achievements aren't 45acdfd8-d4ba-4d88-8860-563157bb286f
  7. Fallout 4 “unmissable” achievement not unlocking.

in XBoX on Windows
    Fallout 4 “unmissable” achievement not unlocking.: The “Hunter/Hunted” achievement in Fallout 4 did not unlock despite me completing the quest. You can see that I’ve got passed that and completed the next mission just fine with that one’s...
  8. Fallout 3 on game pass cloud problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 3 on game pass cloud problems: I just started playing Fallout 3 from the game pass cloud, all buttons are responding on my newer generation controller except LT and RT, do I need to use an older controller?...
  9. why doesnt my fallout 3 X Box 360 disc play on my X Box One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why doesnt my fallout 3 X Box 360 disc play on my X Box One?: why doesnt my fallout 3 X Box 360 disc play on my X Box One? b46ac08c-a6da-4bc5-82f6-87d00eb76814
  10. fallout 3 xbox 360 reedeem code doesnt works

in XBoX on Consoles
    fallout 3 xbox 360 reedeem code doesnt works: hi i have the reedeem code of fallout 3 xbox 360. when i put the code in my xbox one i have this error XBOS-3012 6c6c1db7-bdc8-4364-98f0-fc24d040f050 2017/04/16 - 08:58:17 UTC i need your...