Fallout 4 won't launch on Windows 10 Xbox App

Discus and support Fallout 4 won't launch on Windows 10 Xbox App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been playing fallout 4 on xbox gamepass on windows 10. The game stopped launching, so I have tried all troubleshooting steps up to actually... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Isaac Terry, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Isaac Terry
    Isaac Terry Guest

I have been playing fallout 4 on xbox gamepass on windows 10. The game stopped launching, so I have tried all troubleshooting steps up to actually doing a fresh install of windows 10. Nothing is working and I don't even get an error code, the launcher just crashes after I press play.

:)

Isaac Terry, Dec 29, 2022
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Isaac Terry,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to play Fallout 4 and is unable to because the game keeps crashing. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured, we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

We appreciate for trying to perform some troubleshooting steps prior to contacting us. We would like to know more about the issue in details so we can provide more accurate resolution for you. Please provide us information on the following questions:

1. Are you using PC or laptop device?
    2. May we know if this is happening on Fallout 4 game only? How about the other game on Xbox game pass that was downloaded in your device?
    3. Did you install the game from Xbox app or from Microsoft Store?
    4. Are there any changes with the device before this issue occur?
    We are expecting for your reply soon and you may try these steps as additional troubleshooting to resolve the issue:

1. Restart the device. A simple restart can set many things right.

2. Make sure Windows is up to date

• Press the Start button
      [​IMG]
      on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device. It is recommended to install optional and available updates.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    3. Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.
    4. Make sure the game is up to date

• Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    • In My Library, select the game title.
    • Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    • Select Files and then Check for updates.
    5. Make sure you're signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

• When you open the Xbox app on your device, be sure you sign in to the app using your own Xbox account. You may also need to be signed in to the Store (xbox.com) in order to play a purchased game. To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.
    6. Repair the game

• Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    • In My Library, select the game title.
    • Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    • Select Files and then Verify and repair.
    7. Check for your Game Pass Subscription status. To install games from Xbox Game Pass, you must have an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or PC Game Pass subscription.

Make sure your Xbox Game Pass subscription is current by signing in and checking the status: Microsoft account | Services & subscriptions

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

games for windows app

You won't find them on the app. You would need to download the Games for Windows app again, and launch the game from there. Good luck getting the app to work, as many users are stating they can't get it to work on Windows 10 or Windows 11.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Fallout 4 won't launch.

Hello pawa24,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that Fallout 4 is giving you an error message when you try to launch it. We have a support article that provides several

troubleshooting steps for Xbox One game issues
    . Be sure to let us know the results
    pawa24!
  6. ED kRevali Win User

Amazon Music App

In this case Amazon is the responsible of porting an app to the Xbox One, I don't know the details on the current Windows 10 App if it is universal or not.

If the streaming service supports a web player you can launch Microsoft Edge and listen from there, however you won't be able to listen and play games as with the Spotify App for Xbox
Thema:

1. Fallout 4 won't launch on Windows 10 Xbox App - Similar Threads - Fallout won't launch

2. Fallout 76 won't install on my Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 won't install on my Xbox One: Hi, Fallout 76 won't install on my Xbox One. I have tried several times but it always stops installing. I got it second hand so thought it might be that but exchanged it for another one and this...
  3. Fallout 76 for PC won't launch after update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 for PC won't launch after update.: Is any one else experiencing Fallout 76 fast closing after attempting to sign in on the XBox PC version of Fallout 76 after todays update? e9e3d7f1-5ad3-4227-a11f-bd4f3f71b629
  4. fallout 76 won't launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fallout 76 won't launch: i can't get past this launch screen and i've already tried reinstalling, restoreing, reparing and verifying game is there a fix? [img] 526ef0d7-f7b3-47f3-92ee-3997647cf255
  5. Why the Fallout 76 download from Twitch prime won't launch on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Why the Fallout 76 download from Twitch prime won't launch on PC: Why can't we launch this free game on PC? Very frustrating to redeem a game and end up not being able to play because the game will crash 100% of the time within 10 seconds of opening on PC. If my...
  6. Fallout 4 won't launch with an error code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 won't launch with an error code: I bought the game on the xbox app, downloaded it, and when starting it, it just says it is missing the...
  7. Fallout 4 (PC) on Game Pass Won't Launch

in XBoX on Windows
    Fallout 4 (PC) on Game Pass Won't Launch: I installed Fallout 76 (PC) on my computer, but when I try to run it, it asks me for administrator permissions twice and then sends me an error saying that it couldn't find the launcher. I...
  8. Fallout 4 won't launch.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 won't launch.: Hello, I've been trying to get Fallout 4 to launch and it keep getting stuck on the black screen with the little green logo on the bottom right or it just gives the "took too long to launch"...
  9. Fallout 4 won't launch because of 0x87e0012d

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 4 won't launch because of 0x87e0012d: This morning I downloaded the new update for fallout 4 and when it finished downloading it said to finish the update i had to cancel it and then download it again but it was already complete so I...
  10. Digital Copy of Fallout 4 Won't Launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital Copy of Fallout 4 Won't Launch: I bought Fallout 4 in November and played it extensively through January. I stopped playing for a while and didn't attempt to play until today after I had downloaded the new DLC. After I...