Fallout 4, Disk no longer reading

Discus and support Fallout 4, Disk no longer reading in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey everyone as stated my fallout 4 disk no longer works, Game is still in perfect condition. Only game it happens with. anyone else having this issue... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ZacWallace, Dec 21, 2015.

1. ZacWallace
    ZacWallace Guest

Hey everyone as stated my fallout 4 disk no longer works, Game is still in perfect condition.

Only game it happens with. anyone else having this issue

:)

ZacWallace, Dec 21, 2015
  2. Region free games??? Purchase xbox in one country and buy games in another country.

This seems no longer to be true.

Games purchased from other regions will play if physical disk, but any connected download codes will not work.

There are issues for example with the Gears of War 1-3 codes (included with Gears of War collection) and the Fallout 3 codes (that came with Fallout 4).

Guinan-EFD42EF2-1C11-470C-BD62-0544A9C46825, Dec 21, 2015
  3. C0D3 red
    C0D3 red Guest
    Looking for friends

Feel free to friend me but I can no longer play disk games due to my Xbox not reading disks anymore. But I am a big time Minecraft player.

C0D3 red, Dec 21, 2015
  4. DENAz666
    DENAz666 Guest

Hey dude,

It could be a problem with the disc, but i'll get you to give you console a power cycle to see if that helps.

To power cylce, have you console on and sitting at the dashboard. Then, hold down the power button on the front of the console for 10seconds, until the console switches off. Then leave it off for a couple of minutes, before switching it back off and trying
    again.

Hopefully that'll kick it into gear Fallout 4, Disk no longer reading :)

Cheers

Denaz

DENAz666, Dec 21, 2015
  5. ZacWallace
    ZacWallace Guest
    No unfortunately, that is one of the first things i did.

ZacWallace, Dec 22, 2015
  6. Devtrax
    Devtrax Guest
    This could be the disc itself malfunctioning is it possible for you return it and get another one? also try to use on a friends console. Let me know if this works

Devtrax, Dec 22, 2015
  7. Toxic Raven
    Toxic Raven Guest
    Can you launch it from the game hub?

Toxic Raven, Dec 24, 2015
  8. wadping
    wadping Guest

Having the same issue,it starts up but as soon as i try and load a save it starts the loading screen freezes and crashes me back to main menu v_angry the disc is perfect

wadping, Dec 24, 2015
  9. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Here is a thought. If you have been playing online the saves should be in the cloud. You could try deleting the local save data and see if it will load. Good Luck!

{Parity}, Dec 24, 2015
  10. Brownie 1983
    Brownie 1983 Guest
    I also have had this same issue.

No sooner hit the Fallout 4 start screen and moment I press start to get to the options it locks up with a annoying buzzing/beeping sound. After a few irritating seconds of this noise it boots me back to the Xbox One dashboard.

My disc is clean and is brand new. I have tried holding the Xbox One console's power button for 10 seconds to do a full power down, even removed the CD, and unplugged the system. Let it sit for a good 5-10 minutes too. Still same results. Even went to the
    trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling at least 3 times now.... Nothing has worked.

Not sure if its a corrupt save, as I have no way of telling if that's the case. But hoping someone has found a fix for this because I'm about to tap out here.

Brownie 1983, Dec 26, 2015
  11. thirdeyelove
    thirdeyelove Guest
    Delete your account (remove accounts) then:

1. Make sure your console is plugged into an outlet, NOT power surge or power protector.

2. Settings >disc and blue ray > blue ray > persistent storage > clear persistent storage.

3. Settings > power and start up > turn off or restart > restart now

4. Repeat step 2

5. Power cycle the console by holding the power button for 10 seconds, and unplugging the console from the wall for 30 seconds.

Then re-download your account.

thirdeyelove, Dec 30, 2015
  12. Brownie 1983
    Brownie 1983 Guest
    Thank you ThirdEyeLove

I tried your trouble shooting steps. Sadly the same result came about with the game freezing barely a second or two after I press START at the "Press any button to start" screen. I went through Xbox Support Chat with two different staff members and we went
    through these same trouble shooting steps as well as uninstalls/re-installs. None of which having success.

The last option they gave to me was to contact Bethesda Support via email or by phone directly. Sadly, when emailing this issue to Bethesda's Technical Support they simply suggest I contact Xbox One Support... No help whatsoever...

So if any others are having this same issue as me... PRAY! And PRAY hard Bethesda is EVEN LISTENING... and MIGHT put put a patch to fix title screen crashes, and corrupt saves.

Brownie 1983, Nov 1, 2018
  13. thirdeyelove Win User

Delete your account (remove accounts) then:

1. Make sure your console is plugged into an outlet, NOT power surge or power protector.

2. Settings >disc and blue ray > blue ray > persistent storage > clear persistent storage.

3. Settings > power and start up > turn off or restart > restart now

4. Repeat step 2

5. Power cycle the console by holding the power button for 10 seconds, and unplugging the console from the wall for 30 seconds.

Then re-download your account.
  14. {Parity} Win User

Here is a thought. If you have been playing online the saves should be in the cloud. You could try deleting the local save data and see if it will load. Good Luck!
  15. Brownie 1983 Win User

Thank you ThirdEyeLove

I tried your trouble shooting steps. Sadly the same result came about with the game freezing barely a second or two after I press START at the "Press any button to start" screen. I went through Xbox Support Chat with two different staff members and we went
    through these same trouble shooting steps as well as uninstalls/re-installs. None of which having success.

The last option they gave to me was to contact Bethesda Support via email or by phone directly. Sadly, when emailing this issue to Bethesda's Technical Support they simply suggest I contact Xbox One Support... No help whatsoever...

So if any others are having this same issue as me... PRAY! And PRAY hard Bethesda is EVEN LISTENING... and MIGHT put put a patch to fix title screen crashes, and corrupt saves.
  16. Toxic Raven Win User

Can you launch it from the game hub?
  17. Devtrax Win User

This could be the disc itself malfunctioning is it possible for you return it and get another one? also try to use on a friends console. Let me know if this works
Thema:

1. Fallout 4, Disk no longer reading - Similar Threads - Fallout Disk longer

2. Missing Disk (FALLOUT 4: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing Disk (FALLOUT 4: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION): Missing disk What can I Do to get a digital copy of Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition Who do I contact for help? b64725c9-31d8-48e9-97b0-115936b0bba9
  3. How do i get fallout 3 add ons (xbox 360) which i have on disk to work on my Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get fallout 3 add ons (xbox 360) which i have on disk to work on my Xbox series X: The game disk and add ons are installed but the add on missions do not pop up 0cdca3b7-f6a7-4975-a91e-2f212fba8156
  4. Xbox series x goes to sleep when trying to install disk 2 of fallout game of the year edition

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x goes to sleep when trying to install disk 2 of fallout game of the year edition: Just bought fallout 3 goty and when I insert the disc it trys to read it then my Xbox goes to sleep if I insert it while it's going to sleep it powers on for a sec then back off submitted by...
  5. Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition on disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition on disk: I recently bought Fallout NV it comes with 2 disks one for the game and one for downloading the dlc, the problem is that i have gamepass and it always boots the game up entirly with the 2nd disk...
  6. How to install Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition dlc disk on xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to install Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition dlc disk on xbox one.: Start out by making sure any Fallout new vegas content is deleted from your HDD, including the base game from disc 1. (your game saves are fine and do not need to be deleted) Step 1: Insert disc...
  7. fallout 4 G.O.T.Y. udated this September and now it's looking for a game disk.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fallout 4 G.O.T.Y. udated this September and now it's looking for a game disk.: fallout 4 G.O.T.Y. updated this September and now it's looking for a game disk. The game does not recognize the G.O.T.Y. disk. This is the second time I've seen this, both game disks are useless....
  8. Fallout 3 dlc disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3 dlc disk: I have fallout 3 goty edition (for the 360) I have installd it on my one and that workt but when I start up the game is does not say the dlc is installd even tho when I go to manage game is says...
  9. Fallout New Vegas DLC disk wont install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout New Vegas DLC disk wont install: I recently tried to download my disc version of Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition, I successfully installed disc one then when I inserted disc 2 it launched the game instead of giving me the...
  10. Xbox one won't recognize my Fallout 4 disk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't recognize my Fallout 4 disk?: My Xbox one won't allow me to open my Fallout 4 disk. Every time I try to open up Fallout 4 it gives me an error message telling me to insert the disk if I own it or I'll need to purchase it from...