Fallout 4 disc not reading despite all other game working fine

Discus and support Fallout 4 disc not reading despite all other game working fine in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every game I have works completely fine Except fallout 4! I now have two fallout 4 discs because the first one suddenly became unreadable despite being... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by red knight 713, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Fallout 4 disc not reading despite all other game working fine

Every game I have works completely fine Except fallout 4! I now have two fallout 4 discs because the first one suddenly became unreadable despite being in great condition, so I got the second one to play fallout 4 and that disc doesn’t work either!! Again none of my other games have this problem it’s just fallout 4 (I have Tried the troubleshooting and it sill doesn’t work)

:)

red knight 713, Aug 8, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Red

May I know if you are able to test the disc with a different console?
    And, when you insert the disc the console doesn't read it? Or are you getting a different message?

Please describe me briefly the troubleshooting steps done from your side, in that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings
  3. red knight 713 Win User

- tried on another console and it works fine on that one

-cleaned disc

-restarted console

I’d put it in again for the error code but every time I put it in I have to restart my Xbox because then my Xbox doesn’t read any disc after I’ve inserted fallout
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's really strange, now you know that it's not the disc.

Let's try troubleshooting your console.

When you said "restart" do you mean power cycling it?

If not, please do it:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, try to remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, try again

--------

Also, in that other console... Your profile is logged there?
  5. Goukieny Win User

DLC 360 on One

I have a fallout 3 problem myself. I have fallout 3 GOTY, my game disc does not read well on the one but the 360 it reads fine. the dlc disc of fallout 3 is fine and can read on the one.

Because I preordered fallout 4 I got fallout 3 game itself for download but no dlc with it so I put in the dlc disc and the console installed the dlc no problem. I run the game and check downloads and none of the dlc shows up at all not even when I load
    the game but it's on my game manager as installed...
  6. TCTC1 Win User

Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible Discs no longer reading on Xbox One

I have the same problem starting today it only seems to affect reading Xbox 360 game discs, not Xbox one discss or movies and all digital only work fine. Games I’ve been playing up until this morning such as fallout new Vegas and fight night champions
    and fallout 3 no longer work
Thema:

1. Fallout 4 disc not reading despite all other game working fine - Similar Threads - Fallout disc reading

2. I own the ultimate edition of fallout new vegas and it wont download my dlcs off of disc 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own the ultimate edition of fallout new vegas and it wont download my dlcs off of disc 2...: I have deleted them from my drive tried reinstalling them and nothing is working the discs arent damaged at all and i lost all of my saves, i have 1700 hrs invested and its just gone. I want to...
  3. Why doesn't the disc 2 content install for Fallout 3 Goty edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't the disc 2 content install for Fallout 3 Goty edition?: I have an xbox 360 that I wanted to install the goty content for fallout 3 on. I have a 1 terabyte seagate hard drive connected to the 360 but when I try to install the content it says it requires...
  4. Game pass version of Fallout 4 interferes with disc version of Fallout 4 goty edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass version of Fallout 4 interferes with disc version of Fallout 4 goty edition?: I have been fighting for weeks to try and install my dlc which is very clearly on the disc but it refuses to say that I own it despite me literally having the disc, my only conclusion is that with...
  5. I have to "buy to own" Fallout 76 when the game disc is inserted. I am able to play the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have to "buy to own" Fallout 76 when the game disc is inserted. I am able to play the...: I recently noticed that I both own and don't own Fallout 76. I have the disc inserted, the game launches, I am able to play, but apparently I don't own the game? When I go to the Microsoft store,...
  6. Fallout 4 (disc) only keeping last 4 saves?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 4 (disc) only keeping last 4 saves?: I'm connected to the internet, checked that I was on the right profile, and forced a sync with the cloud. I also did a powercycle, but it's still only keeping the last 4 save files. I just tried...
  7. Fallout 3 disc says it’s not available on to play on my Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3 disc says it’s not available on to play on my Xbox one: It’s says on the box it will download but when I put it in it’s says it’s not available for play on this console and gives me a list of games that are backward compatible but fallout 3 is or at...
  8. Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition not installing Disc 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition not installing Disc 2: I recently purchased a copy of Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition and attempted to play it. The base game downloads fine from Disc 1, but Disc 2 is not recognized as an install disc, meaning the...
  9. Fallout 3 Can’t read Disc Even though it’s Virtual

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3 Can’t read Disc Even though it’s Virtual: Hi after the latest Xbox update, When ever I start a game in Fallout 3 it says “Cant read Disc, clean the disc and restart your console” 1. I’m about to lose my **** 2. This has happened on...
  10. downloaded Fallout new Vegas "disc cannot be read"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    downloaded Fallout new Vegas "disc cannot be read": I downloaded fallout new Vegas a couple weeks ago. I can play for a few minuets but it always comes up with "disc cannot be read". I have literally done everything imaginable to get this game to...