Fallout 4 crashes on title screen

Discus and support Fallout 4 crashes on title screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My fallout 4 will now crash as soon as i press the A button to start on title screen. Happened after i experienced a bug in the “the lost patrol”... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nisbett100, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Nisbett100
    Nisbett100 Guest

My fallout 4 will now crash as soon as i press the A button to start on title screen. Happened after i experienced a bug in the “the lost patrol” quest, where i got stuck on “speak to brandis” after i had already convinced him to return to brotherhood. While trying to fix said bug, one of my attempts he turned hostile and died therefor bugging the quest again telling me to speak to his body. To which my game crashed and i havent been able to start up the game since. Ive tried everything i can think of, including a full reinstall and still no luck.

:)

Nisbett100, Nov 12, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the extra info.
    If you have the game installed on a external hard drive, please try moving it to the internal storage.
    Disconnect all the USB accessories and try again

———

If maybe that doesn’t work, can you try opening the game with a different profile / account in your console?

That can help us to isolate the problem a bit more
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Nisbett100

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

Is this happening on Xbox or PC?
    If it’s on Xbox, what console do you have?
    If it’s on PC, are you using Windows 10 or 11?

In any case, is this happening only with Fallout 4?
    And tell me briefly what did you tried so far to fix this (besides reinstalling the game)
    This is to avoid giving you the same troubleshooting steps or tell you how to proceed
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That’s really odd…
    Just to confirm, are you not using an insider build / beta OS in your console. Right?

If that’s not the case, please try each of the next solutions:

A. Can be a bit odd but
    go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.
    When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.
    If that doesn’t work use 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary)

B. Clear your MAC address
    Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address
    Select Clear, restart your console and give it a new try

C. Try using a completely different Wi-Fi network
    For this purpose you can share mobile data via Wi-Fi hotspot and try in that way
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thank you, I can advise you two more things:

A. Do a factory reset for your console but keeping games and apps
    For this go to settings > system > console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps

A.1 if you don’t mind, select instead remove everything. Make sure to know the email and password for all the accounts added in your console

B. Perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with detailed steps and requirements ):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

**If maybe you’re using an insider build please leave the program first. If not, the offline update is not going to work

If none of the above worked, the best option is report this problem to both Xbox and Bethesda:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

https://help.bethesda.net/#en/home
  6. Nisbett100 Win User

Its on the internal storage and other profiles not working either
Thema:

1. Fallout 4 crashes on title screen - Similar Threads - Fallout crashes title

2. fallout 3 keeps crashing on the xbox pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fallout 3 keeps crashing on the xbox pc app: just installed Fallout 3 thru the xbox app on my pc, this is a fresh install with no mods and it keeps crashing. as soon as i hit play from the fallout 3 launcher the screen goes black and looks...
  3. Why does fallout 4 keep crashing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does fallout 4 keep crashing?: Why does fallout 4 keep crashing? b787e840-07f3-4394-a379-fbf80b778807
  4. Can anybody help me with fallout 4 Xbox one crashing issues?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can anybody help me with fallout 4 Xbox one crashing issues?: My fallout 4 keeps crashing when it reaches the title screen. I’ve tried power cycling and uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times and it hasn’t fixed the issue....
  5. Fallout 4 crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 crash: Hello, i have installed a few mods on my Fallout 4 cloud game, and now the game crash on the main menu at every launch. Can i do something to fix that ? fe19a492-bca7-4363-8424-d980856d22ad
  6. Fallout 76 for the PC Crashes immediately after the sign-in screen - Purchased Via Steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 for the PC Crashes immediately after the sign-in screen - Purchased Via Steam: So, I contacted Bethesda and together we figured out, it only crashes on my Main Windows Account. They had be create a random new one, and the game works fine on it. However I would really like to...
  7. Fallout 4 crash on xbox cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 crash on xbox cloud: I think i downloaded a bad mod and now it crashes at the bethesda logo, anyone know how to delete mods on xbox cloud when you cant even get to the menu? 4587d8f0-6b30-4ded-bb5f-23a11d663cd2
  8. Fallout New Vegas crash when load or save (xbox one). Tried every fix I know of

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout New Vegas crash when load or save (xbox one). Tried every fix I know of: The game froze at one point while playing and I had to manually exit. I was worried the autosave would corrupt, but no biggie I have plenty of save files. Well it will not let me load. Freezes...
  9. Fallout 4 crash on startup (Xbox One)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 crash on startup (Xbox One): Its pretty self explanatory it's almost like the error where the game just fails to start however there is no error code leading. It gets to the very first frame of the black screen holds for...
  10. Fallout Shelter makes my Xbox One crash, has happened twice already.

in XboX Insiders
    Fallout Shelter makes my Xbox One crash, has happened twice already.: Not only does it freeze and crash the game, but the whole system turns off. And it turns on again as if it was hard restarted. Filed a bug complaint. submitted by /u/SenileTomato [link] [comments]