Fallout 3 not working in Windows 11, anyone know how to fix?

Discus and support Fallout 3 not working in Windows 11, anyone know how to fix? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded Fallout 3 from the Microsoft Store, and the game doesn't launch on my Dell G5 SE (AMD Ryzen 7 Edition). I've tried changing compatibility... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PrideGuy, Jan 25, 2023.

1. PrideGuy
    PrideGuy Guest

I downloaded Fallout 3 from the Microsoft Store, and the game doesn't launch on my Dell G5 SE (AMD Ryzen 7 Edition). I've tried changing compatibility options and I've tried downloading the .EXE for games for windows (Windows 7's version of gaming services). Neither of these solutions worked. Compatibility Settings do not affect MS Store apps, so changing the settings did not make a difference. Modifying game installation files is not possible as MS Store apps are encrypted and are restricted to system access which supersedes admin access. Needless to say, conventional fixes like those available for Steam will not work on this version of the game. The game was on sale for like $2 in the Store which is why I bought it there instead of Steam, since Steam did not have that same deal.

:)

PrideGuy, Jan 25, 2023
  2. pottsalot2 Win User

Xbox app won't finish startup while offline. Window 11

Then why advertise it as a feature. The Xbox app itself won't load, how is anyone supposed to play anything offline. It work 3 years ago. I'm gonna guess this is a Windows 11 bug. My windows 10 desktop works fine but, the laptop on windows 11 won't.
  3. SkylarTRN Win User

I can't create an account for Xbox

For a fix (which worked for me on fallout 3) all you need is windows live on the conputer, no login, anything but the application. Hope this helps ;3
  4. Ashton Kennicott Win User

Does anyone know how to fix the Game Bar that will not open with Windows 11?

I have already done all of this.

I should mention that I have been using Game Bar on this PC for over a year and have never had this problem.
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Ashton,

We have three more troubleshooting that you can try however, if this has been performed already, we recommend you reach out to our live support team for further investigation.

Restart device. Then, turn off or disable any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer (or something like game accelerator). Launch Xbox app and Xbox Game Bar to see if issue persists.

Try to connect to a different network and see if issue persists.

Lastly, try to use this and see if this could help - Gaming Services Repair Tool for PC | Xbox Support.

To reach out to our live support team, please follow the steps below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Regards,

6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Ashton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to launch Xbox Game Bar in your Windows 11. The app could be either restricted or missing Xbox related app/system to launch the app itself.

For this we will have to isolate the issue, if this happens on this user profile or all user profile. Please try the following steps:

• Keep your Windows updated -
      • Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows
    • Update your Windows drivers:
      • For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.
    • Update Xbox app and Gaming Services from Microsoft Store
      • Launch Microsoft Store app on Windows by searching it on Windows search bar.
      • Select Library > Updates & downloads > check if an update is available for the Xbox app.
      • If an update is available, select Update.
      • Launch Xbox app and check at the bottom of the page, if an update is available for Gaming Services.
    • Sign out your account on Microsoft Store and Xbox app. Make sure you are signed into Microsoft Store and Xbox app with the same credentials.
    • Restart device -
      • This will clear your computer’s memory/RAM.
      • Turn off or disable any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer (or something like game accelerator).
      • See if you can launch Xbox app and Xbox Game Bar.

If issue persists, you may create a new user profile:

Let us know how it went.

If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Fallout 3 not working in Windows 11, anyone know how to fix? - Similar Threads - Fallout working Windows

2. Achievements aren't working for fallout 4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Achievements aren't working for fallout 4: I've been achievement hunting and skyrim and minecraft achievements are working but fallout 4 achievements aren't 45acdfd8-d4ba-4d88-8860-563157bb286f
  3. Will a hard copy of the DLCs work on a dital copy Of Fallout New Vegas?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will a hard copy of the DLCs work on a dital copy Of Fallout New Vegas?: I just bought fallout New Vegas for 2$.95 on Xbox game store And realize I forgot the DLCs but it's 25 to 30 bucks for the DLCs by themselves so I thought about getting a hard copy for 9.99 with...
  4. Fallout 4 and New vegas won't work on PC gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 and New vegas won't work on PC gamepass: Both Fallout 4 (PC) and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate edition (PC) both do not work for pc, I have installed both and both have given me the error code 0x87e50028 as well as saying "something went...
  5. My fallout 3 broken steel dlc won't work on my xbox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My fallout 3 broken steel dlc won't work on my xbox one s: I have tried clearing local 360 files along with one files I've power cycled it I have deleted and Uninstalled it I have tried everything I found on the internet but still I am met with an...
  6. Can Fallout 4 Work in progress mods "Brick" my XBSX?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Fallout 4 Work in progress mods "Brick" my XBSX?: What I mean by brick is break my xbox in any way, or does it only break the game? a80dec73-68c2-4f09-aef5-e22bc4e906a3
  7. Fallout 4 not working on PC game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 not working on PC game pass.: Hi! This is my second time dealing with this problem. I downloaded Fallout 4 and when I try to launch it, it asks for the administrator pin. Immediately after I put in the pin, the game informs me...
  8. Why is Fallout 3 on PC game pass not working? I can't even start a new game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Fallout 3 on PC game pass not working? I can't even start a new game.: I buy a subscription for "Ultimate" and the game crashes everytime I try to "Start New Game". Why is this happening? 9d4302ad-3fcf-4763-8f8d-422f649dbb5e
  9. How do i get fallout 3 add ons (xbox 360) which i have on disk to work on my Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get fallout 3 add ons (xbox 360) which i have on disk to work on my Xbox series X: The game disk and add ons are installed but the add on missions do not pop up 0cdca3b7-f6a7-4975-a91e-2f212fba8156
  10. Fallout 76 stuck on signing in when downloaded to a hard drive, fallout76 works fine via...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 stuck on signing in when downloaded to a hard drive, fallout76 works fine via...: I have an issue where fallout76 isn't "signing in" after I press any button to continue when download thru the Xbox app, however when I play fallout76 through the cloud in the Xbox app it signs in...