fallout 3 game of the year edition prompt for dlc installation not showing up

Discus and support fallout 3 game of the year edition prompt for dlc installation not showing up in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; ok cutting right to the chase i have fallout 3 goty edition and i am having issues trying to download the dlc i installed the game using disc 1 after... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by UseableSloth358, Oct 5, 2020.

1. fallout 3 game of the year edition prompt for dlc installation not showing up

ok cutting right to the chase i have fallout 3 goty edition and i am having issues trying to download the dlc i installed the game using disc 1 after it installed i played for a while and realized the dlcs werent installed so i ejected it and put in disc
    2 to download the dlcs except instead of giving me a menu for the dlcs it just booted up like normally and ive tried everything from hard resetting it while disc 2 was in the console i uninstalled the game and tried reinstalling it with disc 2 no dice hovering
    over the install icon just said "theres a problem getting this content right now" does anyone know how to fix this or was this a waste of money and i have to purchase the dlc even tho i should have them in the disc.

:)

UseableSloth358, Oct 5, 2020
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Fallout 3 GOTY Add Ons & Fallout New Vegas ultimate edition Xbox 360 on Xbox series X

Try installing the game from the DLC disc instead of the Game disc. If I remember correctly, that was the way to get the DLC for the Game of the Year edition of Fallout 3 and the Ultimate Edition of Fallout New Vegas. You will need to uninstall the games first.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Hexic Hd and Fallout 3 dlc unable to download and hexic wont show up

The reason Hexic HD never showed up, is because you never actually purchased it. You can however get it from the xbox.com website, and once you do it will show on your xbox one in the ready to install section. The dlc for Fallout 3 is compatible. What
    you didn't say is which version of Fallout 3 you have (game of the year or the seperate dlc discs) the xbox one should recognise the discs and install the dlc.
  4. Goukieny Win User

DLC 360 on One

I have a fallout 3 problem myself. I have fallout 3 GOTY, my game disc does not read well on the one but the 360 it reads fine. the dlc disc of fallout 3 is fine and can read on the one.

Because I preordered fallout 4 I got fallout 3 game itself for download but no dlc with it so I put in the dlc disc and the console installed the dlc no problem. I run the game and check downloads and none of the dlc shows up at all not even when I load
    the game but it's on my game manager as installed...
  5. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

why doesnt my fallout 3 X Box 360 disc play on my X Box One?

Are you trying to use the regular fallout 3 disc or the game of the year edition? I've read a lot of posts saying there are problems with the game of the year edition saying it won't work or it won't let you install the dlc. Do you have any other backwards
    compatible discs that won't work either or is it just fallout?
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

Game disappeared from Xbox

Hey Babb

Thank you for providing us with this insight.

In regards to the game you speak of, the only version of this title we have on the Store is

Fallout 3
    . There is no version of the "Game of the Year" [GOTY] edition to download digitally.

That being said, if you installed in physically via your disc, this would indicate why game does not show up in your Ready to install section of your
    Games and apps.

Alternatively, you could own a digital version of your game, and you could install that to play the base game, but since you have all the downloadable content [DLC] attached to the physical copy, you would have to insert that into your console in order to
    have access to this.

This is also the case for any specific games that carry that GOTY anagram, such as the Fable 2 Platinum Edition, that includes all the DLC on the disk, but if you try to use a regular version of the game, you will be unable to load your save data. Its a
    lil different in that sense, however I have no experience with Fallout 3 GOTY edition as I no longer have that title physically :c and you need to use that 2nd disc in order for you to access the DLC in Fallout 3.

I hope this was able to clear up some confusion for you.
Thema:

fallout 3 game of the year edition prompt for dlc installation not showing up

1. fallout 3 game of the year edition prompt for dlc installation not showing up - Similar Threads - fallout game edition

2. Fallout 3 on game pass cloud problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 3 on game pass cloud problems: I just started playing Fallout 3 from the game pass cloud, all buttons are responding on my newer generation controller except LT and RT, do I need to use an older controller?...
  3. Fallout 76 account and new Xbox Game Pass subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fallout 76 account and new Xbox Game Pass subscription: Hello, I have an existing Fallout 76 account (not on any Xbox Game Pass account,) and I wanted to subscribe to Game Pass, my question is.. will the new subscription create a new and separate...
  4. Missing Disk (FALLOUT 4: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing Disk (FALLOUT 4: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION): Missing disk What can I Do to get a digital copy of Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition Who do I contact for help? b64725c9-31d8-48e9-97b0-115936b0bba9
  5. Why am I missing Fallout 4 and Skyrim from my game library?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I missing Fallout 4 and Skyrim from my game library?: I am missing Fallout 4 and Skyrim for my game library. I know I specifically bought both. For some reason I still own the dlc just not the games. I own the "anniversary upgrade" in the market...
  6. Why is Fallout 3 DLC Purchased In Store not available in game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Fallout 3 DLC Purchased In Store not available in game?: So basically the title. I bought all of the DLC add ons for Fallout 3 in the store, they installed just fine, I go into the game and they load up and even show in the main menu downloads section....
  7. Fallout 4 Game pass PC Launcher Error?? (Please help)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 Game pass PC Launcher Error?? (Please help): My fallout 4 on my PC won't open and keeps giving me a file system error (-2015294512) through the gamelauncherhelper.exe file. When I say this I went to my fallout 4 file and tried to open up the...
  8. i cant play Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant play Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition: if i try to play it i just get this Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition (PC) is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error...
  9. installed goty edition of Fallout 4, but updated game play saves wont load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    installed goty edition of Fallout 4, but updated game play saves wont load: XBOX1S Fallout 4 GOTY installed over vanilla edition (Absolutely no mods) I did the update/install on vacation since we do not have wifi. When we got home the games that had been played using...
  10. I bought Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition and all the add-ons on the home menu are faded...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition and all the add-ons on the home menu are faded...: I already put my question but for some reason in order to submit it I have to put a message. I don't know what that's for so I will just put my question I bought Fallout 4 Game of the Year Edition...