Fallout 3 Can’t read Disc Even though it’s Virtual

Discus and support Fallout 3 Can’t read Disc Even though it’s Virtual in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi after the latest Xbox update, When ever I start a game in Fallout 3 it says “Cant read Disc, clean the disc and restart your console” 1. I’m about... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RaneScape, May 29, 2018.

1. RaneScape
    RaneScape Guest

Hi after the latest Xbox update, When ever I start a game in Fallout 3 it says “Cant read Disc, clean the disc and restart your console”

1. I’m about to lose my ****

2. This has happened on multiple occasions

3. It takes 3 hrs to redownload Fallout every time this happens

4. I’m very pissed off and would like a PERMANENT SOLUTION aka don’t tell me to just redownload the game because who knows it might just not work again

5 (Unrelated) After every Windows 10 update I lose frames and have screen tearing and Cortana is breathing down my neck 24’7 is there anyway to turn her off?

6. Thanks a **** lot Microsoft

:)

RaneScape, May 29, 2018
  2. Xbox Live is down ripppppppp

I get you guys are probably working on it but for **** sake give us updates, I have no clue what happened even though it’s been hours smh, can’t watch netflix can’t do **** cause you guys can’t kwep it together, and even then you shoul UPDATE PEOPLE

xEpicx xLoganx, May 29, 2018
  3. Goukieny
    Goukieny Guest
    DLC 360 on One

I have a fallout 3 problem myself. I have fallout 3 GOTY, my game disc does not read well on the one but the 360 it reads fine. the dlc disc of fallout 3 is fine and can read on the one.

Because I preordered fallout 4 I got fallout 3 game itself for download but no dlc with it so I put in the dlc disc and the console installed the dlc no problem. I run the game and check downloads and none of the dlc shows up at all not even when I load
    the game but it's on my game manager as installed...

Goukieny, May 29, 2018
  4. Fallout 3 Can’t read Disc Even though it’s Virtual

Hi,

I understand you are frustrated with the problem's your experiencing with Fallout 3, but please be more civil when posting here. Most users who help out on these forums are not Microsoft staff, and you are likely to get a better response if you refrain from
    swearing.

To the issue at hand:

I can see why this error would be confusing to you, given that your game is a download from Xbox Live, and, that being the case, there is no disc to clean. There is a disk where the game runs from, this being the console's hard disk.

What is happening here is the console can't read the downloaded version of the game from the HDD. Because the Xbox 360 Operating system is quite limited, it displays the generic disc read error. This is displayed because the console does not have an error
    message for hard drive errors.

These errors occur because your hard drive has a fault or faults on it. These are likely bad sectors. This why when you delete the game and download it again, the read error is still happening.

The only two pretty much guaranteed fixes would be to either buy a new hard drive or download the game again to USB Flash drive or external HDD.

Other than that you can try deleting the game again, downloading some demo's first, then downloading Fallout 3 again. If you download the demos first, your Fallout 3 will be installed on a different part of the hard drive.

Hope that makes sense.

Obsessive Power, May 30, 2018
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

I understand you are frustrated with the problem's your experiencing with Fallout 3, but please be more civil when posting here. Most users who help out on these forums are not Microsoft staff, and you are likely to get a better response if you refrain from
    swearing.

To the issue at hand:

I can see why this error would be confusing to you, given that your game is a download from Xbox Live, and, that being the case, there is no disc to clean. There is a disk where the game runs from, this being the console's hard disk.

What is happening here is the console can't read the downloaded version of the game from the HDD. Because the Xbox 360 Operating system is quite limited, it displays the generic disc read error. This is displayed because the console does not have an error
    message for hard drive errors.

These errors occur because your hard drive has a fault or faults on it. These are likely bad sectors. This why when you delete the game and download it again, the read error is still happening.

The only two pretty much guaranteed fixes would be to either buy a new hard drive or download the game again to USB Flash drive or external HDD.

Other than that you can try deleting the game again, downloading some demo's first, then downloading Fallout 3 again. If you download the demos first, your Fallout 3 will be installed on a different part of the hard drive.

Hope that makes sense.
  6. Goukieny Win User

DLC 360 on One

I have a fallout 3 problem myself. I have fallout 3 GOTY, my game disc does not read well on the one but the 360 it reads fine. the dlc disc of fallout 3 is fine and can read on the one.

Because I preordered fallout 4 I got fallout 3 game itself for download but no dlc with it so I put in the dlc disc and the console installed the dlc no problem. I run the game and check downloads and none of the dlc shows up at all not even when I load
    the game but it's on my game manager as installed...
  7. OCRyzen Win User

Downloading Fallout 3 on Marketplace (Questions & Concerns)

LinenAura94 had stated in th Orininal Thread;

[quote user="LinenAura94"]

I stumbled upon a forum where this guy had fully downloaded fallout 3 and said after 5 mins of gameplay, he got an error saying "cannot read disc error", even though it was downloaded. [/quote]

How has that got to do with the HDD, when the games ISO image is looking for a disc to load data or content from disc... ???

You have no clue, what you are talking about Ice Storm III...

They just burn Fallout 3 ISO images to Discs & sell them in department stores you know... ???
  8. Miss Ermine Win User

Games suddenly stop working

9. WYLDE STYLEZ Win User

0x87e00005 installation stopped all games

I've purchased fallout 4 on a disc with a code for fallout 3 digital download. i can install f4 from disc but the update starts and stops at 0% the same applies to f3 even though I've redeemed the code the game refuses to download, and I am no longer able
    to dowload f4 for gamepass anymore. I've done everything short of smashing it up. I paid for game pass and am unable to play the game I purchased it for , I've purchased the original disc and I'm unable to play that also and the reason I purchased the disc
    was for fallout 3 digital download which I'm unable to download?? and nothing is fixing the problem or refunding me for be ripped off and ignored
Thema:

1. Fallout 3 Can’t read Disc Even though it’s Virtual - Similar Threads - Fallout Can’t read

2. Fallout 76 can’t get passed the first screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 can’t get passed the first screen: Hi I’m having issues with assessing the main menu every time I get to the press any button to start screen I have a notification pop up saying ( you cannot unable to launch multiplayer session...
  3. I cancelled my game pass for fallout 76 now I can’t play it keeps saying I need to renew

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cancelled my game pass for fallout 76 now I can’t play it keeps saying I need to renew: I cancelled my game pass for fallout 76 now I can’t play it keeps saying I need to renew f39682e4-6c5c-4013-b4db-96827f4aff06
  4. Why can’t I play the dlc for fallout 3 and new Vegas with the GOTY and ultimate edition...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play the dlc for fallout 3 and new Vegas with the GOTY and ultimate edition...: I have the physical disk for fallout 3 goty and fallout new Vegas ultimate edition, which comes with the dlc, but I can’t access the dlc. b54dae28-36af-4894-90ce-66fbaea2b4cc
  5. I can’t install my dlc’s for fallout new Vegas.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t install my dlc’s for fallout new Vegas.: I am running into problems while trying to install the DLC’s for fallout new Vegas. I have the Xbox 360 ultimate edition, and whenever I tried to put in disc 2 to install the DLC’s I am met with...
  6. Why can’t i mod on fallout new Vegas on GamePass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t i mod on fallout new Vegas on GamePass?: Ok for some reason i know you can mod this game cause there are plenty of videos of mods from GamePass. For some reason, I can’t enable mods or enable mod files like I looked up. Can you explain...
  7. I am just starting Fallout & unable to get out of the vault because can’t find the skeleton...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am just starting Fallout & unable to get out of the vault because can’t find the skeleton...: Where is the skeleton arm with the key needed to get out of this vault? 230f8f01-303d-4f20-8eff-8f44a66712c2
  8. I can’t save my fallout new Vegas

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t save my fallout new Vegas: Every time I get on fallout new Vegas it says disconnected from Xbox live and when I try to log back in it says the same thing so when I want to play the game I loose all my progress because I...
  9. Halo Xbox Series X— Can’t update Fallout 4.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Xbox Series X— Can’t update Fallout 4.: Good morning, I just got my Xbox Series X Halo Edition yesterday and after I transferred all my content and saved data from my Xbox One Original, some games required updates. My Fallout 4 file...
  10. Can’t purchase Fallout 3 on XBOX ONE

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can’t purchase Fallout 3 on XBOX ONE: I cant buy Fallout 3 on my XBOX ONE every time i try i get sorry your purchase can’t be completed at this time. try again later even though i have enough funds to pay for it what can i do...