Fair virtual compensation for failure of Forza Horizon 4 auction room software

Discus and support Fair virtual compensation for failure of Forza Horizon 4 auction room software in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It was great that Forza Horizon 4 posted information on the message section of my game/simulator stating there were problems with auction house. A... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by VicVista, Sep 6, 2021.

1. VicVista
    VicVista Guest

It was great that Forza Horizon 4 posted information on the message section of my game/simulator stating there were problems with auction house.

A later message stated that the problems had been resolved and credits awarded for losses in open or unclaimed auctions.
    A subsequent message, now removed, advised that I had received a gift of 134,916,000 credits presumably for part of my losses.

This has yet to appear as a credit to my account but I now note the "offer" message has vanished.

A subsequent message stated the problem has been resolved was followed up by a further message that for some people it would take several more days to sort out.
    Was a proposed "upgrade" associated with this issue?
    For me any worthwhile upgrade of FH4 should include easy recognition of which vehicle tunes you have created are being used or downloaded - the bulk figure for all vehicles is not helpful. Has this been done for FH5?

A second helpful feature would enable you to match a vehicle livery from "my designs" to the make and model of car you are tuning to place on auction. Hs this been upgraded in FH5?
    Finally the "gift" that has not yet been given does not truly represent the input I have made to provide an attractive livery and create a leading tune for the class and vehicle type.

This has given me serious concerns about starting Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico. I am not happy to purchase a new expensive program and to begin in poverty and then lose out because of software issues.

It would be great if someone from Customer Service monitors this question and answers!

***Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10***

:)

VicVista, Sep 6, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Glad it has been resolved in terms of the AH compensation.

As to PGG Support, the link I posted is the Official one but whether they respond or not is hit and miss.... a lot of the time they will respond to say they have closed the ticket as an issue is being investigated when it's not.

Unfortunately, in-game bugs are a part of gaming these days.... I recently played the Mass Effect Legendary Edition and one of the main features of the second game was broken (and hasn't been fixed 3 months later). But, as I said, PGG seem more afflicted and less willing to fix issues such as the current broken state of online which hasn't been fixed since it broke 5 months ago.

I also switched from PC to Xbox for FH4, albeit because my Toredo broke last August and haven't to this day managed to fix it. Besides the whole Horizon Life mess a few months ago, I haven't really experienced any issues on either One X or Series X

Horizon 5 will work with the XBox One X. Microsoft aims to release all first party developer games (so games like Horizon, Motorsport, Halo etc) for 2 years on both console generations post Series X/S release.

MS Flight Sim will not be available on the One consoles as a straightforward download/install... however, there is talk of it possibly being available later this year via XCloud.

As to monthly subscriptions, both games only require Live Gold for online... not sure what else would be needed for MSFS20? Unless it's a subscription from within the game itself but I haven't heard anything like that.

To answer your point from the other post, Playground are a First Party Developer. My understanding is that simply means that Microsoft Studios publish the game as opposed to another publisher. I don't believe MS have any degree of control, although they may suggest things like release dates and whatnot, maybe pressure them if there is a massive issue and the Developer isn't fixing it.
  3. BioMercenaryG Win User

Sadly in game things for FH4 and FH5 issues are something you have to take up with Playground games, Microsoft may be the mother company but they arent solely responsible for in game errors, you can try to get ahold of the support of FH4, You can try emailing or tweeting them.
  4. VicVista Win User

Thanks so much for your input - issues nearing closure!

Good news is that today I have received a gift of substantial compensation from FH4 for losses they consider I have incurred as a result of the auction room failure.

I will keep your link for future use but I have tried links from other sources that have not worked!
    The main problem is difficulty in accessing Playground support - in desperation was going to use snail mail but their postal address is not readily available!
    I changed over from Windows 10 to Xbox because I wanted Forza Horizon 4 to run reliably.

Dreaded every W10 upgrade because it either resulted in problems with FH4 or other devices or programs.

For me FH4 has been reliable on X Box 1X
    I have read that FH5 , as with Flight 2021, may not install or run on X Box One X.
    Is this correct as both these simulator/games are on my shopping list.
    Am I also correct that FH5 will not require any increased monthly subscription to X Box but Flight 2021 will?
  5. Nursemorph Win User

As mentioned above, Playground Games are the Developer and the ones you need to contact:

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/categories/360000558393-Forza-Horizon-4

They "may" be able to help regarding the missing credits issue. On the FH5 questions, I doubt they will give you more than a perfunctory response at this point as they are still revealing features etc for the game.

Unfortunately, issues can occur when software is upgraded..... look at Windows and how many people have issues everytime there's an update. I had to reinstall Windows due to a Major Update last year that broke my WIndows Update Service! Games (and any software) can only be tested so much by the Developer.... to make sure there are no bugs, they would need thousands of hours of testing and, even then, there;s no guarantee.

I would say, however, that Playground seem more susceptible to issues than most.... in my experience, every Update they make to the game breaks something in it, almost like they code something and don't consider it's effect on the rest of the game.
  6. VicVista Win User

Thanks for you input.

"Mother" "Owner" or "Holding Company" some might regard Microsoft having a degree of control.

Many people on the internet are recording difficulties in contacting Playground support.

They do not respond to emails Email addresses recorded on the internet do not work or they reject incoming mail.

Their address to send snail mail remains somewhat secretive!

It would be much more helpful to users to be able to contact support from a working link within the game.

I do not use tweet so I do not know whether or not it is more effective than email!
Thema:

1. Fair virtual compensation for failure of Forza Horizon 4 auction room software - Similar Threads - Fair virtual compensation

2. need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...

in XBoX on Windows
    need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...: I understand it is not easy to or may be impossible to alter the outcome, but I would appreciate some guidance. I'm a support worker caring for a young person who has been issued a year-long...
  3. Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...

in XBoX on Windows
    Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...: Where are we going to download games once the servers shut down? 23360feb-5349-4c5b-8f11-343e48a7550f
  4. A player named [mod removed] is getting people suspended for fun and it isn't fair he is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A player named [mod removed] is getting people suspended for fun and it isn't fair he is...: A player named [mod removed] is getting people suspended for fun and it isn't fair he's killing people to get then angry and getting them suspended for fun can someone please report him...
  5. is it fair that xbox banned me for 366 days because of a hitler pfp

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is it fair that xbox banned me for 366 days because of a hitler pfp: So xbox banned me for 366 days.So one of my friends thought it would be funny to change my profile pic to hitler you know “jokes” also i had nothing to do with this. So i get home thinking its a...
  6. Un Fair Suspension??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Un Fair Suspension??: My daughter downloaded an app called Backiee. This app provides wallpapers and images you can use on your Xbox profile. This app was downloaded from Microsoft store, and she went through the...
  7. It's not fair

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's not fair: Hello, is it possible to add mouse and keyboard support natively to Xbox? I like to play all my games with mouse and keyboard and it's hard for me to play with controller and I can't enjoy the...
  8. Help Tech support I want a refund its not FAIR

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help Tech support I want a refund its not FAIR: I payed $10 BUCKS FOR NOTHING I changed my gamertag and it still uses my old 1 AND EVEN IF I PLAY A GAME I NEVER PLAYED BEFORE IT STILL IS MY OLD GAMERTAG. WHY DID I PAY $10 FOR THIS I WANT A...
  9. Is Rainbow Six Siege Cross Platform fair?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Rainbow Six Siege Cross Platform fair?: so pc can play with xbox and ps4 but still have the lean advantage and not even let the console users plug in a mouse and keyboard. Is that even fair. 482bb6e5-49be-4267-b532-a2307f4dd05e
  10. I got banned for somebody using explicit language and me asking what it meant? How is this fair

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I got banned for somebody using explicit language and me asking what it meant? How is this fair: So someone on sea of thieves was sending me messages being rude and I got banned for 3 days for no reason? e5286f20-c9db-41fe-bd86-f1022ec3a4c4