Fable III problems getting the game to launch

Discus and support Fable III problems getting the game to launch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I bought a physical copy of Fable III for PC in 2014 that requires Games for Windows Live to work. I played it a lot a while back but now have a new... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EstelleBright, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Fable III problems getting the game to launch

So I bought a physical copy of Fable III for PC in 2014 that requires Games for Windows Live to work. I played it a lot a while back but now have a new PC and have been trying to get it to work but I keep getting stuck at this window:

Fable III problems getting the game to launch [​IMG]

Fable III problems getting the game to launch [​IMG]

The game installed fine, it took my product key fine, and I've installed the latest version of Games for Windows Live. I'm not sure what else to do I've reinstalled the games and Games for Windows Live but it hasn't worked. I'm not sure if anyone can help
    I guess I can't contact Lionhead Studios as they don't exist anymore so I'm hoping somebody at Microsoft can help me out? I've also tried compatibility modes and running the program as an administrator. Any advice?

:)

EstelleBright, Apr 10, 2019
  2. EstelleBright Win User

I've tried that already, copying the xlive.dll into the games main folder didn't change anything.
  3. Ackis Win User

4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Estelle,

Thank you for coming to the forums. I've done quite a bit of research on this and it turns out the servers for GFWL (Games for Windows Live) has been discontinued and support is not available anymore. Everything has transitioned to the Xbox Live platform
    over the years. The issue lies with DRM (Digital Rights Management) and other verification steps that no longer can be authenticated since the servers are not operational.

I found a thread that seems to have a workaround if you want to take a look:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/cant-verify-release-date-of-fable-iii-retail-copy/4a59a293-a23e-45da-b0de-e08069328b82

I hope this helps!
  5. Ackis Win User

Hi Estelle,

Thank you for coming to the forums. I've done quite a bit of research on this and it turns out the servers for GFWL has been discontinued and support is not available anymore.
    No they haven't. Please don't post nonsense. The marketplace was closed when MS stopped using points but that was it.
  6. zMetalhead Win User

Disk Unreadable Error.

I try launching Fable 3 now from my 16GB Sandisk USB now, and half of the time it says "Can't launch Fable III"

When I finally get it to load it says my save is corrupt and it makes me start a new game?????
Thema:

1. Fable III problems getting the game to launch - Similar Threads - Fable III problems

2. Fable 2 on xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 on xbox series s: Hi! I can' seem to save anything in this game! I've been trying to play fable 2 on my xbox series s, but the game says I must connect with a profile. I've tried with my current Microsoft one, but...
  3. Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...: Fable 2 and 3 included in gamepass ultimate on XBOX X needs me to sign in with some other ancient live account i don't have? I can't see any way to make one and if I choose 'no account' the game...
  4. Fable 2 loading bugs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 loading bugs: Whenever I try to go to Bowerstone Market the loading screen never ends and the same is happening with Bowerstone Cemetery and possibly over places. My edition is Fable 2 GOTY....
  5. Fable 2, xbox series x, no dialogue speech sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2, xbox series x, no dialogue speech sound: I saved before entering the crucible, loaded my game up and it would not let me carry on the quest, conversation outside the gates would not start. Even skipping the conversation would not allow...
  6. Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - help please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - help please: I’ve noticed a glitch within Fable 2 and so far the only advice I’ve come across is to either not complete the side quest or to restart all over again. I want to complete the side quest. I don’t...
  7. Fable 2 dolls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 dolls: I see there are dolls to be collected within fable 2. I’ve also noticed the page fable2.com has been shut down. Is there a way to get all dolls since fable2.com was shut down? I have: Theresa...
  8. Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - please help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - please help me: I’ve noticed a glitch within Fable 2 and so far the only advice I’ve come across is to either not complete the side quest or to restart all over again. I want to complete the side quest. I don’t...
  9. Solitaire - Fable - Tripeaks Medium 3 Boards 1 Deal Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Solitaire - Fable - Tripeaks Medium 3 Boards 1 Deal Issue: Hi there, I am having issues with a Microsoft Solitaire Game. It is located in the Star Club under the Fable deck in Tripeaks. The medium game says clear 3 boards in 1 deal but as soon as I open...
  10. Glitch in fable 3 kidnapped mission?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Glitch in fable 3 kidnapped mission?: I was fighting the guys before entering the cellar and now I’m stuck in between the fire light and rice/flour bags. I’ve tried moving every which way and swinging the sword with nothing still...