Fable III Language problem (xbox)

Discus and support Fable III Language problem (xbox) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am a big fan of the Fable franchise. I live in Belgium, and have never had an issue with the games. I've played all Fable games on several... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Princesslettuce, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Fable III Language problem (xbox)

Hello,

I am a big fan of the Fable franchise. I live in Belgium, and have never had an issue with the games. I've played all Fable games on several Xbox consoles (360, One, Series X) and never had a problem. My native tongue is Dutch, but I always play games in English. The Fable VO is especially good.

I encouraged a friend of mine to get Fable III. We both live in Belgium and our Xboxes are set to English UK (language) and Belgium (location). She got the game, but told me it was entirely French. I thought this was strange since our settings are the same, so I decided to download and install it again as well to check. Turns out my game is now French as well, and there is no way of changing the language. I found and installed the English VO add-on, but that doesn't change the menus and text.

I uninstalled the game, and grabbed my old 360 disc. I installed the game using my disc, and then it's the English version. So basically: if you download Fable III on Game Pass or if you buy it in the Microsoft Store, you are stuck with French. Only owning the disc solves the problem, but the disc version isn't even sold anymore. Is there any way for my friend to play the game in English as well?

It's really frustrating. In Belgium, more than half of the population speaks Dutch and we are used to subtitles, we don't use dubs. Why does this game force a language onto us that we don't even speak? Doesn't Microsoft understand that Belgium is not a French speaking country?

:)

Princesslettuce, Nov 8, 2021
  2. I Emerge I Win User

Fable III - language problems

Isn't there a language pack you can download from the market place ?
  3. Whirling Furie Win User

Oh dang, this is a bummer. But if I can get my hands on an english disc copy for a short while (say like lending it from a friend) and get the issue fixed?

Btw: thnx for your response, I appreciate it.
  4. Photonimus Win User

Sadly, the system decides the language based on where you download from. You would need to find the english disc copy to fix it fully.
  5. Photonimus Win User

Nope, you would need the disc constantly.
  6. Photonimus Win User

He got that, but it doesn't change text.
Thema:

Fable III Language problem (xbox)

1. Fable III Language problem (xbox) - Similar Threads - Fable III Language

2. Fable 2 on xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 on xbox series s: Hi! I can' seem to save anything in this game! I've been trying to play fable 2 on my xbox series s, but the game says I must connect with a profile. I've tried with my current Microsoft one, but...
  3. Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...: Fable 2 and 3 included in gamepass ultimate on XBOX X needs me to sign in with some other ancient live account i don't have? I can't see any way to make one and if I choose 'no account' the game...
  4. Fable 2 loading bugs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 loading bugs: Whenever I try to go to Bowerstone Market the loading screen never ends and the same is happening with Bowerstone Cemetery and possibly over places. My edition is Fable 2 GOTY....
  5. Fable 2, xbox series x, no dialogue speech sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2, xbox series x, no dialogue speech sound: I saved before entering the crucible, loaded my game up and it would not let me carry on the quest, conversation outside the gates would not start. Even skipping the conversation would not allow...
  6. Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - help please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - help please: I’ve noticed a glitch within Fable 2 and so far the only advice I’ve come across is to either not complete the side quest or to restart all over again. I want to complete the side quest. I don’t...
  7. Fable 2 dolls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 dolls: I see there are dolls to be collected within fable 2. I’ve also noticed the page fable2.com has been shut down. Is there a way to get all dolls since fable2.com was shut down? I have: Theresa...
  8. Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - please help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - please help me: I’ve noticed a glitch within Fable 2 and so far the only advice I’ve come across is to either not complete the side quest or to restart all over again. I want to complete the side quest. I don’t...
  9. Solitaire - Fable - Tripeaks Medium 3 Boards 1 Deal Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Solitaire - Fable - Tripeaks Medium 3 Boards 1 Deal Issue: Hi there, I am having issues with a Microsoft Solitaire Game. It is located in the Star Club under the Fable deck in Tripeaks. The medium game says clear 3 boards in 1 deal but as soon as I open...
  10. Glitch in fable 3 kidnapped mission?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Glitch in fable 3 kidnapped mission?: I was fighting the guys before entering the cellar and now I’m stuck in between the fire light and rice/flour bags. I’ve tried moving every which way and swinging the sword with nothing still...