Fable 3 on steam wont work without games for windows live marketplace

Discus and support Fable 3 on steam wont work without games for windows live marketplace in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am trying to launch the games for windows live app to sign in and be able to play Fable 3 but it cant connect to the internet for some reason.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by GraveKeeperSpy, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Fable 3 on steam wont work without games for windows live marketplace

I am trying to launch the games for windows live app to sign in and be able to play Fable 3 but it cant connect to the internet for some reason.

Fable 3 on steam wont work without games for windows live marketplace [​IMG]

:)

GraveKeeperSpy, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Cornaf Win User

GFWL Client Error - "There was an error retrieving your purchase history"

Hello,

I bought the Steam version of Fable III and the expansions in 2014, but now I can't load the expansions in game or redeemed the Steam DLC keys in the Games for Windows Marketplace client.

In the Games for Windows Marketplace client, I have this message "There was an error retrieving your purchase history"

I hope that your staff can fix the problem because me and many others people are really frustrated, I longed to play Fable III with all expansions on my new 4K monitor.

P.S. : Sorry for my bad english. :p
  3. grizzIydean Win User

Why cant I install my Fable 3 for PC anymore and why do I need windows (or xbox) live for pc to play it when you no longer support it? So it is unplayable?

I know you posted this ages ago, but might be worth getting on steam and try the guides, as this may also work for xbox live market place version aswell.

I managed to get a key for steam fable 3 and you have to basically download an updated gfwl program and it'll work that's on Windows 10 / 11

Pretty sure this works for all gfwl games,

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2231114241
  4. Cornaf Win User

GFWL client, can't retrieve purchase history, I want to reinstall AoE 3

Hello,

I bought the Steam version of Fable III and the expansions in 2014, but now I can't load the expansions in game or redeemed the Steam DLC keys in the Games for Windows Marketplace client.

In the Games for Windows Marketplace client, I have this message "There was an error retrieving your purchase history"

I hope that your staff can fix the problem quickly because me and many others people are really frustrated and this has been too long in coming, I longed to play Fable III with all expansions on my new 4K monitor.

P.S. : Sorry for my bad english. :p
  5. Ackis Win User

games for windows marketplace

The Games for Windows Marketplace was discontinued several years ago, so purchasing of new games shouldn't be possible.

Older games that required the Games for Windows Marketplace (like for example GTA IV) should have been patched to work without it.
    This information is inaccurate.

Can you provide more accurate information, please?

https://www.cinemablend.com/games/Microsoft-Finally-Addresses-Games-Windows-Live-Situation-64815.html

It's not a first hand link, the ones on MS's site no longer work from what I can see.

A list of GFWL games on Steam:

https://www.trueachievements.com/gfwl-enabled-on-steam/games

Most haven't had the marketplace patched out of them. I don't recall GTA4, but I don't think any have just had the marketplace patched out - instead they've had GFWL patched out and moved over to Steamworks.

GFWL itself a huge big nightmare of a mess.
  6. Toad 004 Win User

SSF4 Arcade Edition DLC purchase

Steam is it's own platform, separate from Games for Windows live. They are not the same thing.

It's similar to buying DLC from PS3 and then expecting it to work on 360, PC, Wii, and your Phone.

-

Every item for sale on the marketplace displays 2 words, large and clear:

NO REFUNDS.

-

In the future, please be aware - Steam =/= Games for Windows Live.

You might try asking Steam Support about it, but there is nothing we can do here.
Thema:

Fable 3 on steam wont work without games for windows live marketplace

1. Fable 3 on steam wont work without games for windows live marketplace - Similar Threads - Fable steam wont

2. Fable 2 on xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 on xbox series s: Hi! I can' seem to save anything in this game! I've been trying to play fable 2 on my xbox series s, but the game says I must connect with a profile. I've tried with my current Microsoft one, but...
  3. Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...: Fable 2 and 3 included in gamepass ultimate on XBOX X needs me to sign in with some other ancient live account i don't have? I can't see any way to make one and if I choose 'no account' the game...
  4. Fable 2 loading bugs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 loading bugs: Whenever I try to go to Bowerstone Market the loading screen never ends and the same is happening with Bowerstone Cemetery and possibly over places. My edition is Fable 2 GOTY....
  5. Fable 2, xbox series x, no dialogue speech sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2, xbox series x, no dialogue speech sound: I saved before entering the crucible, loaded my game up and it would not let me carry on the quest, conversation outside the gates would not start. Even skipping the conversation would not allow...
  6. Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - help please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - help please: I’ve noticed a glitch within Fable 2 and so far the only advice I’ve come across is to either not complete the side quest or to restart all over again. I want to complete the side quest. I don’t...
  7. Fable 2 dolls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 dolls: I see there are dolls to be collected within fable 2. I’ve also noticed the page fable2.com has been shut down. Is there a way to get all dolls since fable2.com was shut down? I have: Theresa...
  8. Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - please help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - please help me: I’ve noticed a glitch within Fable 2 and so far the only advice I’ve come across is to either not complete the side quest or to restart all over again. I want to complete the side quest. I don’t...
  9. Solitaire - Fable - Tripeaks Medium 3 Boards 1 Deal Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Solitaire - Fable - Tripeaks Medium 3 Boards 1 Deal Issue: Hi there, I am having issues with a Microsoft Solitaire Game. It is located in the Star Club under the Fable deck in Tripeaks. The medium game says clear 3 boards in 1 deal but as soon as I open...
  10. Glitch in fable 3 kidnapped mission?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Glitch in fable 3 kidnapped mission?: I was fighting the guys before entering the cellar and now I’m stuck in between the fire light and rice/flour bags. I’ve tried moving every which way and swinging the sword with nothing still...