Fable 3 Couch Co-Op glitch you refuse to fix

Discus and support Fable 3 Couch Co-Op glitch you refuse to fix in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Yes, hello. I'm doing couch co-op with my boyfriend, and as player 2, rather than loading my save, it is instead loading me in as a copy of his... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alderwood69, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Alderwood69
    Alderwood69 Guest

Yes, hello. I'm doing couch co-op with my boyfriend, and as player 2, rather than loading my save, it is instead loading me in as a copy of his character. Now, I have seen at least a dozen posts about this, and not a single resolution from Microsoft or the moderators of this site. So I'll say this once, if this post is locked before a resolution is given, I'll report the moderator that locks it. And if that doesn't lead to a real resolution, I'll blast out how poorly the support team is handling issues on here on every social media outlet available.

I've tried various troubleshooting options, but it isn't fixing. So if Microsoft would kindly deliver me a solution or something other than locking an unresolved post, that would be much appreciated.

Oh, and before you reply with "could you give us more details?" I don't need to. There are at least 10 other posts with the same exact unresolved issue, that you locked before they could be resolved. So yeah.

:)

Alderwood69, Jul 6, 2021
  2. Kazutrashpanda
    Kazutrashpanda New Member
    Signed up just to post a possible work around since I can't on 90% of these or even upvote where I found it; I got this from a now old-ish reddit post reply by SilencedThdr:

EXPLANATION:
    "You see, while playing local your game cannot load 2 saves which are saved on the same slot
    Go to the load section and check the names of your saves, they should all be numbered (important are the numbers not the spot the mannequin is standing on) and make sure they dont use they same one otherwise it'll just copy the host instead."

"SOLUTION":
    What worked for the beau and I was to [re]start the game on his profile (my character saved over his since I saved last but also it now existed in a weird pseudo space as when he started a new game it mapped over my character mapped over his, fun right? Anyway.) and immediately go to new game again as soon as it'll let you. Then it should be safe to sign in and join on your own profile. However, we chose to be extra safe and played solo until completing the Brightwall dungeon thing I forget the name. So I can't be sure if it'll handle saving the second player's character correctly if they don't already have a pre-existing save to load from as we weren't in the mood to risk losing even one character again.

WHAT YOUR LOAD "MENU" SHOULD LOOK LIKE:
    When he plays alone he has a 0 hour character in slot 1, his character in slot 2. When I play alone I have only my character in slot 1. When we play together and check on his profile my character is mapped over slot 1 and his appears in slot 2; mine is the same as solo.

Good luck fellow couples and game bros.

Kazutrashpanda, Aug 16, 2021
  3. Smwutches Win User

These are community based forums. So everyone posting here are fellow gamers. To contact Xbox support you would need to request a call back or chat with them at http://support.xbox.com/contact-us Otherwise, nobody here can patch it.
  4. IngameInstincts Win User

Cooperative Games on Xbox

where is camaro boy when you need him ? i'll add :

Sacred 2

Dungeon Siege - awful couch co-op

Fable 2 - awful couch co-op

Fable 3

Dead Island

Borderlands

deathspank
  5. XBF Javier R Win User

Fable 3 couch co-op glitch?

Hello ElectricBelle,

Unfortunately, we will be locking this older thread due to it being revived by a new post. If the issue is
    on going, we recommend creating a new thread
    detailing the issue at hand and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. We will be more than happy to answer any questions.

Thank you!
  6. TheSteelJackal Win User

I’ve just encountered that same glitch where my girlfriends profile has overwritten my own profile.

I’m terribly annoyed, and have to wonder how and why one profile was able to overwrite another.
  7. SayaRenee668 Win User

Has there been any sign of it being fixed? I am having to deal with the same problem and would like to play as my character with my Boyfriend, but can't figure out how to fix it. It worked normally a couple days ago, but now seems like no chance of change...
Thema:

1. Fable 3 Couch Co-Op glitch you refuse to fix - Similar Threads - Fable Couch glitch

2. Fable 2 on xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 on xbox series s: Hi! I can' seem to save anything in this game! I've been trying to play fable 2 on my xbox series s, but the game says I must connect with a profile. I've tried with my current Microsoft one, but...
  3. Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 and 3 in gamepass on XBOX X need me to sign in with an ancient live account i don't...: Fable 2 and 3 included in gamepass ultimate on XBOX X needs me to sign in with some other ancient live account i don't have? I can't see any way to make one and if I choose 'no account' the game...
  4. Fable 2 loading bugs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 loading bugs: Whenever I try to go to Bowerstone Market the loading screen never ends and the same is happening with Bowerstone Cemetery and possibly over places. My edition is Fable 2 GOTY....
  5. Fable 2, xbox series x, no dialogue speech sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2, xbox series x, no dialogue speech sound: I saved before entering the crucible, loaded my game up and it would not let me carry on the quest, conversation outside the gates would not start. Even skipping the conversation would not allow...
  6. Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - help please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - help please: I’ve noticed a glitch within Fable 2 and so far the only advice I’ve come across is to either not complete the side quest or to restart all over again. I want to complete the side quest. I don’t...
  7. Fable 2 dolls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 dolls: I see there are dolls to be collected within fable 2. I’ve also noticed the page fable2.com has been shut down. Is there a way to get all dolls since fable2.com was shut down? I have: Theresa...
  8. Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - please help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 2 glitch - love hurts - please help me: I’ve noticed a glitch within Fable 2 and so far the only advice I’ve come across is to either not complete the side quest or to restart all over again. I want to complete the side quest. I don’t...
  9. Solitaire - Fable - Tripeaks Medium 3 Boards 1 Deal Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Solitaire - Fable - Tripeaks Medium 3 Boards 1 Deal Issue: Hi there, I am having issues with a Microsoft Solitaire Game. It is located in the Star Club under the Fable deck in Tripeaks. The medium game says clear 3 boards in 1 deal but as soon as I open...
  10. Glitch in fable 3 kidnapped mission?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Glitch in fable 3 kidnapped mission?: I was fighting the guys before entering the cellar and now I’m stuck in between the fire light and rice/flour bags. I’ve tried moving every which way and swinging the sword with nothing still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fable 3 coop copies character only

2. fable 3 co op main character overwritten