F18 carrier landing lite shows up black screen on game in Windows 11

Discus and support F18 carrier landing lite shows up black screen on game in Windows 11 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, Johnie here. When I was searching for a plane game on Microsoft store, I found f18 carrier landing lite which has the best weather settings.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Johnie10092, May 24, 2023.

1. Johnie10092
    Johnie10092 Guest

Hi, Johnie here. When I was searching for a plane game on Microsoft store, I found f18 carrier landing lite which has the best weather settings. However, this game doesn't launch at all. It got stuck on a black screen after the splash screen. It doesn't show any errors like "This app can't open " part. I tried solutions like repairing the game, resetting the game, none of them worked. And yes, I can bring this to Windows 10 computer and launches perfectly fine. I'm not sure why this game on windows 11 just decides to get a black screen after the splash screen. Does anyone have a solution to it?

F18 carrier landing lite shows up black screen on game in Windows 11 [​IMG]

:)

Johnie10092, May 24, 2023
  2. Johnie10092 Win User

Ok, I'll follow the steps you provided. On Xbox, f18 carrier landing lite does not appear on the game library making it impossible to update this game through Xbox. I even updated gaming services, Xbox and all windows components as well. Nothing worked. I updated Windows also and nothing changed. Still black screen after splash screen. The last step is to update video drivers which I did that and nothing worked. Even following the steps you provided, I still got the black screen after the splash screen on f18 carrier landing lite. Any more solutions?
  3. Johnie10092 Win User

Like I said, Xbox app is not showing f18 carrier landing lite. Still, I followed the steps you provided here again and still doesn't work. Still black screen after splash screen.
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for your response.

I just want to confirm, does the black screen game crash occurs to other XBox games as well or just specifically for F18 carrier landing lite?

For the next troubleshooting steps kindly repair the game, here's how:

Open the Xbox app for Windows.

In My Library, select the game title.

Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.

Select Files and then Verify and repair.

If that doesn't work, proceed to Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/...
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

In order to fix this, you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps. Kindly make sure that your Windows, Device Drivers, the game itself and the gaming services are all up to date, here's how:

Windows:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.

On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.

On the Windows Update page, select Check for Updates to see if any updates are available for your device.

Once the updates have been downloaded, select Install Now to start the installation.

Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

Device Drivers:

For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

F18 carrier landing lite:

Open the Xbox app for Windows.

In My Library, select the game title.

Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.

Select Files and then Check for updates.

Gaming Services:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.

Select Library.

Under Updates & Downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Then try to check if the game will launch properly.

6. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for the information and for the clarification.

I just want to verify, does the black screen game crash occurs to other Xbox games as well or just specifically for F18 carrier landing lite?

For our next step, kindly uninstall/reinstall the game.

If you're having trouble getting a game to play, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game might help. Occasionally, game files may get corrupted or altered, especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

Some games can even repair the original files without you having to remove the game completely. However, if you installed the game from the Microsoft Store, you'll only be able to completely uninstall and reinstall the game.

Thema:

1. F18 carrier landing lite shows up black screen on game in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - F18 carrier landing

2. Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...: How do I contact Microsoft where there is an issue with an item I have already sent for repair? The call back option hasn't worked all week. 4e588d15-a966-4e7a-b476-fa49a0b424d0
  3. New phone and carrier locked my self out of my Microsoft account, two step verification on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    New phone and carrier locked my self out of my Microsoft account, two step verification on...: I have 2 step verification on, lost recovery code, have been locked out of account, no longer have same phone number, cannot reset password. I have not had any help from Microsoft at all. Please I...
  4. why is the f18 going 1500 knots on fsx steam edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is the f18 going 1500 knots on fsx steam edition: why is the f18 going 1500 knots on fsx steam edition, even if the max speed in the aircraft.cfg is like 800 knots c46eeb72-03e1-4fa8-a39a-6eb5a108b234
  5. Awaiting carrier pickup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Awaiting carrier pickup: On September 3rd, I ordered an xboxsx. The estimated delivery time is September 9th. However, today on the 14th, I am still waiting for the carrier to pick up the item. I don't know what to do....
  6. Carrier Phone Billing Scam (Spring or verizon mobile pay)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Carrier Phone Billing Scam (Spring or verizon mobile pay): Do not give your phone number to anyone who asks if your phone carrier is sprint or verizon. The scammer will send a text to your phone and use your phone bill to buy anything on the xbox store. I...
  7. Change Carrier during Project XCloud Testing?

in XboX Insiders
    Change Carrier during Project XCloud Testing?: Hello! I was wondering if you could change carriers during Xcloud testing. Right now I'm on Metro PCS right now and want to switch to Verizon. Thank you! submitted by /u/Substantial_Novel...
  8. If I change my carrier information will it move me to the back of the line for xcloud?

in XboX Insiders
    If I change my carrier information will it move me to the back of the line for xcloud?: I changed to tmobile with hopes of getting in earlier to xcloud, my questions is if i change the carrier from verizon to tmobile will it move my chances back from the bottom? I registered a couple...
  9. Got an email to verify my carrier for xcloud wasn't sure what it means if I'm selected or not

in XboX Insiders
    Got an email to verify my carrier for xcloud wasn't sure what it means if I'm selected or not: submitted by /u/antoniogwolf [link] [comments]
  10. Billing to cell phone carrier.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Billing to cell phone carrier.: First off. I just found out i was banned from the commuity forums and i dont remember why. I read old forum post from 2015 that it is ok to create a new forum account to get help and chat with...