F1 TV not working on Edge Browser, no help or support from Microsoft

Discus and support F1 TV not working on Edge Browser, no help or support from Microsoft in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Numerous people have complained about this issue where we are unable to stream F1 through the Edge browser. In the previous thread:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Elonmust12345, May 22, 2022.

  1. F1 TV not working on Edge Browser, no help or support from Microsoft


    Numerous people have complained about this issue where we are unable to stream F1 through the Edge browser.

    In the previous thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/f1tv-not-playing-live-video/90cded83-a325-41d0-8a3f-dbbae3c49784?page=4&messageId=b418a789-f61b-44f7-a992-23727bf953e1

    We were then tasked by Microsoft to do the following:

    We believe that anyone who raised their concerns in Xbox Forums should be heard. Thus, we encourage you to install the Xbox Report a Problem app from Microsoft Store in Xbox Console and send out the details and screenshot/clip with the issue you were experiencing.

    I have done this twice now, but there is no response or communication from Microsoft. When reporting a bug and there is no reference number or any follow up, so this is kinda pointless.

    This is issue is still relevant and impacting multiple users.

    It would be nice to know if the issue is F1 or the Edge Browser.

    :)
     
    Elonmust12345, May 22, 2022
    #1
  2. ngocphi Win User

    F1 TV not working on Edge Browser, no help or support from Microsoft

    You gotta remember the console browser isn't meant for streaming unless it's a html5 website

    Relying on ancient flash websites is never a good idea

    It's no longer supported by Adobe
  3. Elonmust12345 Win User

    F1 TV not working on Edge Browser, no help or support from Microsoft

    I have reached out to F1, Xbox is no longer supported.

    Please see supported devices below:

    https://support.f1.tv/s/article/2022What-devices-do-you-support?language=en_US

    This thread can be closed.
  4. Michail Tzoumanekas Win User

    F1TV not playing live video

    You can communicate with them through live support, which I already did and the answer was that they don't officially support Xbox, but only specific platforms. This problem doesn't concern F1 tv but Microsoft. F1 tv has added Widevine DRM to secure their content. Microsoft apparently added this feature to Windows's Edge browser but not yet to Xbox's Edge browser and we don't know if they will. They have to give us an update about this matter.
  5. MartinSoto Cazar Win User

    F1TV not playing live video

    This is what F1 TV said on xbox users (Edge)

    For the Xbox Edge browser, there is no option to enable Widevine. The browser there only supports PlayReady DRM. F1TV could make it compatible, but they have not indicated that consoles will be supported.

    ‐-------

    So it looks that is a thing that the people working on Edge hope let us enable that option and I hope that happen soon.
  6. ngocphi Win User

    How to watch F1 on an X Box SS?

    You don't

    F1 does NOT support consoles

    F1 specially states they DO NOT support consoles

    Nor are console browsers desktop browsers they are sandboxed versions
Thema:

F1 TV not working on Edge Browser, no help or support from Microsoft

Loading...
  1. F1 TV not working on Edge Browser, no help or support from Microsoft - Similar Threads - working Edge Browser

  2. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  3. The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.

    in XboX Insiders
    The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.: Currently in the Skip-Ahead ring the quick resume of Call of Duty Cold War is not working. Instead it happens as on Xbox One, when you change the game it closes having to open it and load it...
  4. Report a problem button not working properly.

    in XboX Insiders
    Report a problem button not working properly.: I hold the Xbox button and push “report a problem” it says “gathering information” but that’s as far as it goes. It’s ironic to me that the report a problem button is causing issues. submitted by...
  5. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  6. CoD WWII works with the new Disc to Digital Media

    in XboX Insiders
    CoD WWII works with the new Disc to Digital Media: I went through all of my Xbox One games to see which of them worked. The first game I tried was CoD WWII cause that’s my go to daily CoD game has been for a while, so I updated my Xbox since I was...
  7. Microsoft edge isn't working properly on my Xbox one.

    in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft edge isn't working properly on my Xbox one.: Everytime I go onto Microsoft edge on my xbox it isn't working, the screen keeps fluctuating up and down meaning I can't click on anything and the mouse icon dissappears sporadically and won't re...
  8. Edge not working correctly on controller

    in XboX Insiders
    Edge not working correctly on controller: I don't even really know how to describe my issue so sorry if this is confusing, so you know how on edge you're supposed to be able to scroll through tabs with your bumpers? I'm no longer able to...
  9. Microphone and RShift not working in Edge

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone and RShift not working in Edge: I have an Xbox Series S that I use as a replacement for my old pc that shorted out. Whenever I try to use anything that takes microphone input for others to hear me, it doesn't work, even after...
  10. My games realflight stopped working dued to knife edge software error

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games realflight stopped working dued to knife edge software error: I am writing this email as in support with my PC to get my gaming system back up and running. I had the game on here for almost year and never had a problem with it. I tried uninstall to reinstall...