Extremely unhappy with my Xbox One S console and the service provided

Discus and support Extremely unhappy with my Xbox One S console and the service provided in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; First of all, sorry for the long post but there's a very long story with what has happened since I got my first Xbox One S console. So I purchased... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gonzieborges, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Gonzieborges
    Gonzieborges Guest

First of all, sorry for the long post but there's a very long story with what has happened since I got my first Xbox One S console.

So I purchased this console in November 2018, not giving it too much use until May of this year. However, I had installed some games and played around a bit and everything seemed to be going great, even so that I purchased Gamepass and Gold because these
    seemed and they still seem like great services to me. I even got some pre-purchases from some games that were to be released this July, but I digress.

The problems started in May, when suddenly my Xbox kept having problems when installing games or updates. Every time I tried to install something I kept getting the message "Installation Stopped", being that sometimes it resumed for like 3 minutes only to
    stop again, randomly. This is when I contacted support (via phone call, and later web chat) and unfortunately they couldn't help me troubleshooting the issue, even after a full factory reset. I tried everything, even changing my DNS settings to check if the
    issue laid there. I decided to send the console to the official repair centre in my country (Portugal), and after 24 days of waiting the console came back with the exact same problem.

After this, and after contacting support once again, it was decided that I should send the console by UPS to Germany via Microsoft Support, to be repaired or substituted. Everything went great, and I got a substituted console after 2 weeks.

Plugged it in, tried to install the games I had pre-purchased but couldn't enjoy because of the issues with the previous console, only to be greeted by the same "Installation Stopped" message, and not being able to resolve the problem once again.

Now, with all this, receiving a new console and it having the same problem makes me believe it's not the console causing the issue, but maybe my internet connection. After doing full resets, open ports, all that stuff on my modem I am just ultimately lost
    and with a console in which I can't install anything, and no one can help me troubleshooting the issue. I'm deeply sorry for the long post once again but I just feel frustrated and that my money went down the drain, and if in the future I decide to buy a console,
    it will most likely not be an Xbox sadly, despite the great service they provide, which honestly saddens me.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts,

Gonçalo

:)

Gonzieborges, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Unfortunately trouble shooting these types of issues can be rather though to track down. It could be a number if things that could be out of your control. It could be server issues in the area your in perhaps, might even be your ISP. Depending on the style
    of connection you have. If your connected to a node or not. It really sounds as if you are having traffic issues to me. I could be wrong. You might try at different times a day to see if you have the same issues during certain hours. You might try doing a
    detailed network statistics test from your xbox and see what that says. Might try it a different times of the day and write it down. That info helps sometimes when trying to figure out these issues.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Dealing with issues can be frustrating yet through your post I noticed that you received the best support possible and the issue was with your ISP. My suggestion would be to follow troubleshooting steps in the support pages next time!
  4. Gonzieborges Win User

I did follow every troubleshooting step in the support pages. Nothing works.
  5. NFR Yearwood Win User

Hi are you playing online when intstallation stopped message pops up ?

I occassionaly get this and it usually because internet issues or when everyone in my house is using it.i think it may be down to possible poor wifi signal if you connect to router wireless or maybe you have a bad/slow internet connection affecting it
  6. Boom B00M Boom Win User

"I got a substituted console"

Wow, that is unheard of. I've had problems in the past and MS never would give me a loaner.

That said, if you no longer want to play on the Xbox system sell it and switch to another!
Thema:

1. Extremely unhappy with my Xbox One S console and the service provided - Similar Threads - Extremely unhappy console

2. My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it: I’m trying to get my latency to drop bro it’s not working for some reason f121275a-60c0-4280-91ae-a514021a76a1
  3. Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds: Just bought a Series X today and I'm experiencing extremely slow download speeds between 30mps and 90 mbps with it staying closer to 30 to 40 most of the time. This is with a wired connection,...
  4. extremely high ram usage from dvr and broadcast user service

in XBoX on Windows
    extremely high ram usage from dvr and broadcast user service: the only thing i have on my pc that is currently open is google, yet gamedvr and broadcast user service has around 3 gb of memory being used up for no reason. ive disabled "remember this is a...
  5. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  6. Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad

in XboX Insiders
    Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad: I've tried playing with my friends on other devices and we use discord to call, recently ive been trying to vc on discord with them but they keep telling me the mic quality is much worse. I don't...
  7. Friend's voice is extremely low most of the time. We have tried everything possible...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friend's voice is extremely low most of the time. We have tried everything possible...: My friend and I use Xbox One X, and we both use wired jack 3.5mm headsets plugged into the controller. We use the xbox party chat to talk. My friend is extremely quiet for a few minutes after...
  8. bedrock minecraft extremely laggy.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    bedrock minecraft extremely laggy.: my bedrock minecraft is intensely laggy regardless of what i do. i have a radeon 5500 graphics card (i think..?) im not good with computers so i have absolutely no idea what to do. i tried capping...
  9. Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox..

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox..: Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox. It’s like I’m trying to communicate with a brick wall when I try too. Not only that but I’ve reported this...
  10. Minecraft Bedrock edition, extremely low frame rates and overall bad performance

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock edition, extremely low frame rates and overall bad performance: Ive been playing minecraft bedrock for a while and have never had any problems with it, recently though it has been impossible to play. Frame rates at a constant 10-20 even on the lowest settings....