Extremely slow game updates

Discus and support Extremely slow game updates in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I finally went out and bought my first console, Xbox One 500 gb, in 10 years last week. Still sitting here waiting to play something. My internet... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by StoutMarlin202, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Extremely slow game updates

So I finally went out and bought my first console, Xbox One 500 gb, in 10 years last week. Still sitting here waiting to play something. My internet has never given me problems with other media and running at a decent
    clip. The initial day one update took 4 tries and
    two days but finally took off fine. Now I've installed COD ww2 and Fallout 4 from disks
    which took maybe 20-30 minutes but now sit here looking at a 0.3 percent Fallout update for the last few hours. I've uninstalled reinstalled and
    checked wired connections and went to bed last night with COD at 0.1 percent only to wake up to 0.4 percent and just cancelled all. Really hoping I'm
    missing something because this is a pretty disappointing snails pace. Just purchased this for a gaming system and favorite X box titles not so much to make it a second job. Any pointers tips or advice to get things sped up
    for an old gaming geezer greatly appreciated and I thank you much.

:)

StoutMarlin202, Jun 27, 2018
  2. Extremely slow update

Hey there jrebelyell01!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Jun 27, 2018
  3. AoD x L3GEND
    AoD x L3GEND Guest
    Extremely slow update

Hey,

i have just purchased the new destiny game and wanted to play tonight but when i plugged in my console again i was prompted with a update. I of course excepted it and saw the 256mb update as a minuscule one that would take no time. after about a hour it
    only reached 6% complete with about 20mb downloaded. I know this must be an issue from Microsoft because i obviously do not have 3rd world country quality internet because i can afford a xbox one. My question is should i contact support or is this like an
    issue going on right now where the download times are slow at the moment? Please someone respond i just spent 80$ on a game and would enjoy at least getting to play a bit of it today..

AoD x L3GEND, Jun 27, 2018
  4. jrebelyell01 Win User

Extremely slow update

i have been installing master chief collection updates for over 24 hours total bs,!!!tried all remedies from forums etc... stopped put in forza same thing 60 percent updating all day.is this normal? says i can play but wondering if games will run perfect
    without updates i hope we didn't get *** buying xbox one
  5. Mister Quimby Win User

Extremely slow update

Hey there jrebelyell01!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  6. CMUchippewa Win User

Extremely slow update

Have you tried a power-cycle by turning the Xbox off completely and booting back up. I've had a slow download before with an update and I just restarted and the update started over after I powered back on.
  7. maxen Win User

Game Updates Download Extremely Slow

Go a step further and power cycle your router/network too (as well as the console again) and let us know if that makes a difference.
  8. FouR IV Win User

Game Updates Download Extremely Slow

That was my first thought too, maybe too much cache built up. Still super slow after a power cycle though.
Thema:

Extremely slow game updates

1. Extremely slow game updates - Similar Threads - Extremely slow game

2. My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it: I’m trying to get my latency to drop bro it’s not working for some reason f121275a-60c0-4280-91ae-a514021a76a1
  3. Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds: Just bought a Series X today and I'm experiencing extremely slow download speeds between 30mps and 90 mbps with it staying closer to 30 to 40 most of the time. This is with a wired connection,...
  4. extremely high ram usage from dvr and broadcast user service

in XBoX on Windows
    extremely high ram usage from dvr and broadcast user service: the only thing i have on my pc that is currently open is google, yet gamedvr and broadcast user service has around 3 gb of memory being used up for no reason. ive disabled "remember this is a...
  5. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  6. Xbox One extremely slow download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One extremely slow download: For about a year now, I noticed my xbox one has taken significantly longer to download game updates than it has in the past. To remedy that, I turned on automatic updates while the xbox is in...
  7. I cleared cache but my xbox is still running extremely slow and crashing, as well as not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cleared cache but my xbox is still running extremely slow and crashing, as well as not...: This has been happening for the past week, and it’s been getting on my nerves. My xbox has been running so slow that it can’t even load the settings app and when it does and I leave, the xbox just...
  8. Xbox 1 s extremely slow for no reason after recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 s extremely slow for no reason after recent update: So I haven't touched my Xbox 1 S in 2 years due to having next Gen console. I recently set it up from a factory reset and now it's extremely slow. I've done multiple factory resets and none of...
  9. Series X Download speeds extremely slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Download speeds extremely slow: [img] [img] This is a comparison between a network speed test and then trying to download an update for a game. These were taken back to back, how can the download speed be so poor when I’ve got...
  10. Extremely Slow Download Speeds on PC Xbox App and only get half of my speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Extremely Slow Download Speeds on PC Xbox App and only get half of my speed: I tried everything on this forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/extremely-slow-download-speeds-on-pc-xbox-app/fc348776-9a67-42ef-a737-e3710fa874b8 but nothing works. My...