Extremely Slow Download Speeds on PC Xbox App and only get half of my speed

Discus and support Extremely Slow Download Speeds on PC Xbox App and only get half of my speed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried everything on this forum... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mucha Mumu, May 1, 2023.

1. Mucha Mumu
    Mucha Mumu Guest

I tried everything on this forum

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...xbox-app/fc348776-9a67-42ef-a737-e3710fa874b8

but nothing works.

My speed 1Gbps, I use some other gaming apps but everything works just fine, just for this XBOX App I can only get half of my speed. I tried the closed forum above but nothing works. Is Microsoft gaming server just slow or there are problems on my internet?

:)

Mucha Mumu, May 1, 2023
  2. Punctus Win User

Not able to achieve similar download speeds on Xbox compared to Desktop

Yes, any games or apps downloaded through the store are capped at the same speed showing in the speed test using Edge.
    While I also get less than optimal speeds when I speed test through Edge, my Marketplace downloads are consistent with my internet speed (granted, I "only" have 100Mbit, and due to the distance from the DSLAM I "only" get 70-80Mbit download speed).

So are the actual marketplace downloads when you download a game or an app equally slow?
  3. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Xbox Download Speeds

HI, LiqwdE,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. Thank you for reaching out to Xbox Forums. You are having issues with download speeds when downloading a game or update. I am happy to help and provide a suggestion that has helped other users.

Improve Download speeds

Extremely Slow Download Speeds on PC Xbox App - Microsoft Community

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as "Answered."

If your problem persists, please let me know, and we can continue to work on this issue and try to resolve it.
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one is horrible

I always get a much greater download speed on my Xbox One than I do on my PS4 or my Switch. Only my PC gets better download speeds out of all of the formats that I use. Sorry to hear that you're having issues though, if you've only got slow speeds on your
    Xbox and not on other devices then you may have some network connectivity issues.

This link may shed some light on the problem:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/slow-performance-solution
  5. KenS1129 Win User

Extremely Slow Download Speeds on PC Xbox App

I don’t know why Microsoft isn’t fixing this. It’s in their best interest to make downloads as fast as they can be. On Xbox, the same titles download for me at 600+ Mbps. On PC: 15 Mbps if I’m lucky. On the same connection. I assume that the CDN is the same for both, so I can only chalk this up to very poor Windows native TCP settings - unless Microsoft is trying to throttle these.
    It's like Xbox users get priority bandwidth and pc users get the scraps that are left over.
  6. FinessedYoB Win User

Extremely Slow Download Speeds on PC Xbox App

This works perfectly! Thanks so much!
Thema:

1. Extremely Slow Download Speeds on PC Xbox App and only get half of my speed - Similar Threads - Extremely Slow Download

2. My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it: I’m trying to get my latency to drop bro it’s not working for some reason f121275a-60c0-4280-91ae-a514021a76a1
  3. Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds: Just bought a Series X today and I'm experiencing extremely slow download speeds between 30mps and 90 mbps with it staying closer to 30 to 40 most of the time. This is with a wired connection,...
  4. extremely high ram usage from dvr and broadcast user service

in XBoX on Windows
    extremely high ram usage from dvr and broadcast user service: the only thing i have on my pc that is currently open is google, yet gamedvr and broadcast user service has around 3 gb of memory being used up for no reason. ive disabled "remember this is a...
  5. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  6. Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad

in XboX Insiders
    Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad: I've tried playing with my friends on other devices and we use discord to call, recently ive been trying to vc on discord with them but they keep telling me the mic quality is much worse. I don't...
  7. Xbox One extremely slow download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One extremely slow download: For about a year now, I noticed my xbox one has taken significantly longer to download game updates than it has in the past. To remedy that, I turned on automatic updates while the xbox is in...
  8. I cleared cache but my xbox is still running extremely slow and crashing, as well as not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cleared cache but my xbox is still running extremely slow and crashing, as well as not...: This has been happening for the past week, and it’s been getting on my nerves. My xbox has been running so slow that it can’t even load the settings app and when it does and I leave, the xbox just...
  9. Xbox 1 s extremely slow for no reason after recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 s extremely slow for no reason after recent update: So I haven't touched my Xbox 1 S in 2 years due to having next Gen console. I recently set it up from a factory reset and now it's extremely slow. I've done multiple factory resets and none of...
  10. Series X Download speeds extremely slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Download speeds extremely slow: [img] [img] This is a comparison between a network speed test and then trying to download an update for a game. These were taken back to back, how can the download speed be so poor when I’ve got...