External USBHDD on Xbox 360 S not appearing in storage

Discus and support External USBHDD on Xbox 360 S not appearing in storage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all, I am trying to get my external USB Hard Drive to function on my Xbox 360 Slim, however, I am not having any luck. I have tried formatting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jesse Graham1, Jun 7, 2023.

1. External USBHDD on Xbox 360 S not appearing in storage

Hello all,

I am trying to get my external USB Hard Drive to function on my Xbox 360 Slim, however, I am not having any luck. I have tried formatting as FAT32 with many different allocation sizes, but nothing seems to function, and, since it doesn't appear in the storage menu, I can't format it on the box itself. Maybe it is due to the fact that I don't have an internal drive? I don't see why that would be an issue, however, I am completely stumped as to where to go from here. Any ideas would be helpful.

:)

Jesse Graham1, Jun 7, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

The Xbox 360 can only recognize drives up to 2tb in storage, so if you have one with higher storage, it won't recognize it.
  3. Mistress Sara Win User

Xbox 360 slim corrupting files?

Hi there,

The 360 will allow an
    external storage device
    to be connected to it. Have you tried saving your maps and such to an external drive to see if the 360's hard drive is going bad, or if the machine itself is corrupting the files. If the machine is corrupting the files, time to replace
    it. If it's just the 360's drive corrupting them you can try looking for a new 360 drive.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series S

Hi,

Yes you can use it. You can use any external storage that the Xbox One supported on the Series X and S. However, external storage can only be used to play Xbox One games and BC Xbox 360 and original Xbox games.

Series X and S titles need to be run either from the internal SSD or the optional expansion card.
  5. Princess8607 Win User

my 3.0 usb ports aren't working kinda

6. Verified ✅9 Win User

What do I do if my Xbox won’t let me have no more then 4. Games and I have a external storage but it keeps making me move all my games

series s and x games can only run from the internal storage or official (rip off) expansion card. only xbox one and 360 bc games can run off the external hdd.
    So I cannot download GTA Xbox series s/x edition on my external hardware?
Thema:

1. External USBHDD on Xbox 360 S not appearing in storage - Similar Threads - External USBHDD 360

2. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  3. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...: So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external...
  4. External hard disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard disk: Hello everyone I'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while. I've recently bought a new external hard...
  5. Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder: Regardless of whatever folder I pick it says "You can't set your default folder location to that one. Try another one" or "You can't change your default install location to that folder while it is...
  6. Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB: Hello, everyone! I have a Logitech webcam connected to my Xbox Series S via USB port. The webcam is a C930e model. I've captured some treasured moments, but I'm unable to copy them to an external...
  7. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  8. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  9. Xbox Series | Will 2 Externals & 1 SSD Expansion Slot All Work At The Same Time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series | Will 2 Externals & 1 SSD Expansion Slot All Work At The Same Time: We all know 2 externals work at the same time, but what about 2 externals & 1 ssd expansion 71ee8506-f83c-4982-84cb-3665c819bb34
  10. When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?: Id like to play my games from external hard drive but unfortunately i can’t play from storage, i would like to be able to do this again instead of paying for something much more expensive....