External portable hard drive problems?

Discus and support External portable hard drive problems? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just recently bought a 4T hard drive for my Xbox Series S and have some questions. Is it possible to quickly play a game as it is internal storage... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chase Comito, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Chase Comito
    Chase Comito Guest

I just recently bought a 4T hard drive for my Xbox Series S and have some questions. Is it possible to quickly play a game as it is internal storage for the games inside the hard drive? If I want to play a game inside the hard drive, I have to go through the process of moving it all the way to the internal drive and if its a big game, I have to move some games from the internal storage to the hard drive first. Only the games in the internal storage I can play immediately. Also is there any possible way to install a game straight to the hard drive? Instead of having to move a game to the hard drive just to have space from the internal storage to install the game?

:)

Chase Comito, Jan 9, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Any games that are Series S/X optimized can only run on the internal hard drive or the Seagate Expansion card. The external hard drive you are using can only store them.
  3. FourFusion Win User

Hard drive not woking

Easystore 2TB External USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - Black
  4. Major Wreckus Win User

Back up external hard drive - Desktop or portable?

Desktop external hard drives tend to be faster since they have their own power supply and I find its cheaper (gb per $ wise) to go with a desktop hard drive then a portable one.

I know WD makes an external portable hard drive designed specifically for consoles like the Xbox One. I would maybe check that one out if you want to go portable.
    www.wdc.com/.../products.aspx.
  5. N7 Gh0stz Win User

Hard Drive

iv just brought a seagate portable 2TB external hard drive for £59 from Amazon
  6. Farscape247 Win User

External hard drive

Thema:

1. External portable hard drive problems? - Similar Threads - External portable hard

2. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  3. Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?: Is it possible to use a Logitech g920steering wheel and a separate joystick (Logitech 3d extreme pro ) that is Xbox compatible with the Xbox adaptive controller together. Eg allowing me to use the...
  4. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  5. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...: So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external...
  6. External hard disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard disk: Hello everyone I'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while. I've recently bought a new external hard...
  7. Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder: Regardless of whatever folder I pick it says "You can't set your default folder location to that one. Try another one" or "You can't change your default install location to that folder while it is...
  8. Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB: Hello, everyone! I have a Logitech webcam connected to my Xbox Series S via USB port. The webcam is a C930e model. I've captured some treasured moments, but I'm unable to copy them to an external...
  9. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  10. WD 4TB My Passport Portable External Hard Drive, Black - WDBPKJ0040BBK-WEWM

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WD 4TB My Passport Portable External Hard Drive, Black - WDBPKJ0040BBK-WEWM: I have a problem with my Xbox Series S console that every time I try to connect my external drive it does not end satisfactorily, always the same problem. I have already tried another one that I...