External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update

Discus and support External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; After newest alpha update today (26 May 2023) my external HDD is not recognized by my Xbox Series X. I have tried rebooting it and following all the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Htaz, May 27, 2023.

1. /u/Htaz
    /u/Htaz Guest

After newest alpha update today (26 May 2023) my external HDD is not recognized by my Xbox Series X. I have tried rebooting it and following all the steps found online and it will not load.

submitted by /u/Htaz
    [link] [comments]

/u/Htaz, May 27, 2023
  2. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Seagate external drive (2TB) has stopped working.

Is the external drive not being recognized by your Xbox? PC? Its possible the external HDD may need to be replaced...
  3. d3xt3r1874 Win User

External hard drive help

There's an ongoing issue with external HDD's after the last update.

Supposedly it's being worked on, but we've had no updates in days. Coincidentally, most people are reporting issues with Seagate external drives....
  4. Geth Win User

Xbox ruined my external hardrive

Unplug the external drive.

Reset the Xbox back to factory settings.

Run through the latest Xbox update, and then plug in the external hdd.
  5. McKey694 Win User

Xbox one x not working

Sorry I see that you do have a External HDD, I have the same problem and had to remove the HDD and Restart console. This should solve the controller issues. This happen to me after the latest update to my system, hope they fix this very quickly.
  6. supermm Win User

after december update will not see external drive.

I have two Xbox One's (Day one editon and a One X), both an external HDD (1TB), latest update and no issues.
Thema:

1. External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update - Similar Threads - External HDD stopped

2. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  3. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  4. External HDD not launching games or apps

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD not launching games or apps: Updated to the latest preview (21/04/2024) and now after I launch an app thats installed to my HDD it just loads indefinitely then stops and gives an error for taking to long to load, when I...
  5. External/ Internal

in XBoX on Consoles
    External/ Internal: Why whenever i install it game on external and it’s done and i try to play it but right when it try to play it, It makes me download it on the internal drive does anybody know why it makes me do...
  6. External HDD issue with Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD issue with Xbox series S: My Xbox series S will no longer transfer games to my external HDD. I’ve noted that once the external HDD gets to about 3GB of data the transfer from internal storage will start to slow down the...
  7. External HDD and External SSD issues.

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD and External SSD issues.: Is anyone else having an issue. Where if you plug up an external HDD or and External SSD. It keeps disconnecting your controllers. While playing a game? This has only been happening since the...
  8. Can i install xbox one s OS on external hdd disk?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can i install xbox one s OS on external hdd disk?: Hi.My xbox one s hard drive just died. Repair at service is expensive but external hdd is cheap.Is it possible to isntall OS on it? f7d7749e-1191-46e2-a99d-f312e6567787
  9. External HDD issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD issue: I recently connected an external HDD to my series X. The console formats and detects the drive just fine yet when i power the system on it won't connect to the network. I'm using a wired...
  10. Transfer/copy to external hdd and or ssd always error.

in XboX Insiders
    Transfer/copy to external hdd and or ssd always error.: Good day, get always error when trying move games to external hdd abd or ssd from storage card xsx. Anyone else or just me have error? submitted by /u/earmack [link] [comments]