External Harddrive or Xbox Series X

Discus and support External Harddrive or Xbox Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I’ve had a 2TB Seagate hard-drive since the Xbox One came out. Regardless of other issues I have with it being an old hard-drive (having to have... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/QuestioningLife_, Feb 11, 2024.

1. External Harddrive or Xbox Series X

So I’ve had a 2TB Seagate hard-drive since the Xbox One came out. Regardless of other issues I have with it being an old hard-drive (having to have games be Internally Installed); I’ve noticed a whirling sound like a fan spinning up every few minutes. Probably happens every 2-5 mins and then stops for 10-15 minutes, then will repeat. Maybe I’m not noticing the constant whirling due to timing or me being asleep or watching content, having a headset on etc.

Previous Posts have said it’s a EHD issue, that the hard-drive is looking for an update? But how confirmable is this? As I’ve always connected my hard-drive to my PC to firmware update when necessary and luckily never had an asset loss, (gave saves or accidental format). So I’m confused to why an up to date External Hard-Drive would constantly spin for updates it doesn’t need

submitted by /u/QuestioningLife_
    [link] [comments]

/u/QuestioningLife_, Feb 11, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

External storage

3. tejo chase Win User

bad idea Xbox Series X shows off its new removable memory card

If they were to put it a bigger ssd internally the price of the series x would rocket so to keep prices at a reasonable level these 1tb ssd drives sold separately and you only need them to play series x games once the internal ssd is full however you can
    still use standard external harddrives to play xbox one 360 and og games from and yoi can also store series x games on them you just cant play the series x games from them so it might mean a little more transfering around of series x games (which will move
    much faster than hames move now) so for a fair while you probably wont even need the plug in ssd drive.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  5. WYTEMUSIC666108 Win User

Xbox One X Error Code: E102 00000C10 8007045D

Also looks like ill probably be needing an external harddrive to free up more space...any suggestions on a type or brand that works well with the xbox one x?
  6. tejo chase Win User

Can I use an external harddrive to run my xbox?

Something's wrong with your initial statement "500gb Xbox One X" The Xbox One X has a 1tb harddrive.

In answer to your question is no you can't run it from an external drive you will need to get your xbox repaired.
Thema:

External Harddrive or Xbox Series X

1. External Harddrive or Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - External Harddrive Series

2. I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…

in XBoX on Windows
    I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…: I am thinking of using my External HDD that is currently formatted for my Xbox One with my Windows PC. I know the steps of going on disk management and creating a new volume but I was also...
  3. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  4. How do I download a game and save it to external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I download a game and save it to external storage: It's not recognizing my phone is hooked up 514d0140-7277-4cdc-a56e-2413691971e0
  5. 22TB External Drive Xbox Series X ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    22TB External Drive Xbox Series X ?: Hey, i hope you are doing well I have few external drive, and i want to ask if it's possible to use them as external drive with xbox series X or they will not work ? or there is a limite ? what...
  6. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  7. Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not registering external storage when it was fine this morning until I ended my...: My xbox is not detecting my external hard drive anymore. It was fine when I turned on the xbox this morning and started streaming. I could see all of my installed games and everything was fine....
  8. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  9. Can the icons within an external harddrive be customized to show on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the icons within an external harddrive be customized to show on xbox?: [img] I use the media player app on my xbox series x to play stored movie files. When I access the harddrive, all of the folders have the same file icon shown. Is there a way to customize these...
  10. Xbox One - Error 0xc00d11cd (08000000e) - when trying to play media from external harddrive...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One - Error 0xc00d11cd (08000000e) - when trying to play media from external harddrive...: Hi, Whenever I try to play movies or videos from my external harddrive through the Media Player app, it crashes (sometimes immediately, sometimes 30 minutes in) and a message shows up saying:...