External hard drive won't capture game clips? [FALL UPDATE]

Discus and support External hard drive won't capture game clips? [FALL UPDATE] in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I updated my Xbox One S recently for the Fall update, and it said that you can now capture game clips directly onto an external hard drive. That's a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dustyoldQrow084, Oct 23, 2017.

1. External hard drive won't capture game clips? [FALL UPDATE]

I updated my Xbox One S recently for the Fall update, and it said that you can now capture game clips directly onto an external hard drive. That's a great idea... if it would actually work.

I'm not sure if it's my hard drive or my Xbox playing up - I can store music/apps/etc. on my drive (a Seagate Expansion Portable hard drive, 2TB, USB 3.0), but every time I try to set it up to record game captures, it says that it's too slow because it needs
    to be USB 3.0 and also needs to be formatted for NTFS. I've checked my hard drive's setting/formatting - it is set up for NTFS - and it is definitely USB 3.0, as I have the box right here and the Seagate website telling me so.

If anyone could tell me what to do, that would be greatly appreciated. I don't have enough money to go out and buy a brand new hard drive specifically for capturing game clips (I had to buy this one because my previous 1TB Samsung hard drive was stolen),
    and I won't have enough in general until December (Christmas follows my birthday pretty closely). Hopefully, I'll be able to resolve this problem without having to buy a new hard drive or an extra USB 3.0 connector as a go-between for the Xbox and my hard
    drive.

:)

dustyoldQrow084, Oct 23, 2017
  2. activity after update

Does anyone know why my xbox one after the update won't find my external hard drive

MustaffaMinge, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Game Capture to External Drive DOESN'T WORK??

Hi all,

So this 'Fall Update' is supposed to allow us to record gameplay straight to an external hard drive, providing it's formatted NTFS and at least USB 3.0. I'm using a drive that is both of these things and it is just not working at all. It recognises that
    a drive has been plugged in, but when I try to set it as a capture location, it'll either tell me the drive isn't fast enough (it is...), or that it needs to be formatted in NTFS (it is...).

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it?

Thanks

NotSoGiantSquid, Oct 23, 2017
  4. AngelObullets Win User

Can't play apex legends because of this error...

Could be the external hard drive causing the issue then it won't be the first time I seen errors appearing after updates on external hard drives. Try installing it on internal drive instead if you can?.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Laggy game clips

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Chandler, you're taking these clip captures inside your Xbox HARD drive or on some external HARD drive if you have any external HARD drive so try setting it up as media and redirecting the captures to it.
  6. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Recording videos

Hi you can actually increase te record length of 1080p if you save the game captures to an external hard drive. However it cannot be a drive that you also use to save games to. It needs to be formatted as NTFS and not prepared as an internal drive. You
    will then be able to save game captures to it and increase the length of the captures.
  7. Gamer In Yellow Win User

Lost Captures

I was not hurting for space on my internal hard drive

I am the only one who uses my xbox, so it was not someone else's handiwork.
    At first I thought that it was because there was some recent update that made it so external hard drives cant save games and captures on the save device, in doing so, wiping my captures. But I don't think that's the case

Is there a way to see how much of this dedicated capture space is used up at the moment?
  8. MustaffaMinge Win User

activity after update

Does anyone know why my xbox one after the update won't find my external hard drive
Thema:

External hard drive won't capture game clips? [FALL UPDATE]

1. External hard drive won't capture game clips? [FALL UPDATE] - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. cannot format external hard drive xbox 360 and can only configure it

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot format external hard drive xbox 360 and can only configure it: So I recently Formated my xbox 360 . I was trying to use it as a storage instead of a whole system , now I can only configure it instead of formating it pls help d563907b-31d4-447a-bf63-9ade4c8b3680
  3. Do MacBook airs properly format external hard drives to NTFS?

in XboX Insiders
    Do MacBook airs properly format external hard drives to NTFS?: I bought an external hard drive for game clip storage on my Xbox series X. It is USB 3.0 and I tried formatting it to Microsoft NTFS on my MacBook Air. Does the disc have to be formatted on a...
  4. Can I put xbox one games from my external hard drive onto my pc to play them?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I put xbox one games from my external hard drive onto my pc to play them?: I just recently got a pc and I don't want to spend a lot of money on games that I already have on my xbox one, is it possible to take a external hard drive that stores xbox one games and plug it...
  5. Any help… when xbox external hard drive is connected the controller freezes and switches...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help… when xbox external hard drive is connected the controller freezes and switches...: When external hard drive is connected to Xbox the controller freezes and switches off. If Ext HD is not connected the controller works fine. Any idea as I cant access games on HDD...
  6. My external hard drive is not letting me play games from it directly on series S.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external hard drive is not letting me play games from it directly on series S.: My external hard drive is not letting me play games from it directly on series S, while it’s a usb 3.0 wd external hard drive, it’s not giving me an option to store or download games in it, only...
  7. My external hard drive is showing as media only

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external hard drive is showing as media only: I bought a 3.0 external hard drive and formatted it to NTFS on my PC, though when I plug it into my Xbox One it shows as only media and won't let me format it for games and apps....
  8. Xbox not recognizing seagate external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not recognizing seagate external hard drive: My xbox has stopped recognizing my seagate. It's an older xbox but its never given me a single problem before. After I downloaded Elden ring onto it it started being all weird and not allowing...
  9. My external hard drive will not install games Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My external hard drive will not install games Windows 11: The external device i am using is a Seagate but whenever I try to download a game on it it starts the download but it doesn't continue and stays still, the furthest I've gotten it to go is 2.6GB...
  10. Is the external hard drive not playing X/S games a new thing? I fell like I've been playing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the external hard drive not playing X/S games a new thing? I fell like I've been playing...: All my games that say X/S won't work on my hard drive anymore. It's an Xbox branded drive. This is something that just started happening. I don't play often so is this a new issue?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one capture location wont find my external