External Hard drive Question and Help.

Discus and support External Hard drive Question and Help. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Currently using a wall powered 8TB Xbox Game Hub drive which has a 7200rpm Barracuda drive inside. If i was to switch to a usb powered 4tb 5400rpm... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheRyders, Oct 19, 2018.

1. TheRyders
    TheRyders Guest

Currently using a wall powered 8TB Xbox Game Hub drive which has a 7200rpm Barracuda drive inside.

If i was to switch to a usb powered 4tb 5400rpm drive how much of a difference in load times will i see? I know the 7200 loads quocket but wondering how much the difference would be.

Thanks

:)

TheRyders, Oct 19, 2018
  2. Crash 658
    Crash 658 Guest
    Multiple USB flash drives on Xbox 360

Hello everyone.

Today i brought a external Hard drive and i pluged in the console.

The external Hard drive is recognized by the console, however one of my USB flash drive stops working and it dosen´t show in the storage devices list.

When i removed the external Hard drive the USB flash drive works again and it shows in the storage devices list.

The console has:

• a internal Hard drive
    • 2 USB flash drive
    • the external Hard drive

My question is how USB devices does the Xbox 360 recognized at once ?

Crash 658, Oct 19, 2018
  3. MajorFartin
    MajorFartin Guest
    USB External Drive and Internal Drive Question

Hello guys and gals I have a question

I am about to get a new 1TB USB 3.0 external Hard drive and my question is

After I setup my usb external hard drive does the xbox one still use the internal drive ?

I am a little OCD about the life span of hard drives and thought by plugging in an external drive it will not use the internal drive as much if all my data is on the external .

what I would like to know is does the xbox one still use the internal drive just for the OS / Firmware and nothing else if I have a external hooked up and am I correct to think that by keeping all my games and content on an external drive it will help keep
    the ware and tare down on the internal drive ?

thanks I know this may sound crazy and I prob have nothing to worry about . just something that I think about

thanks for any input.

MajorFartin, Oct 19, 2018
  4. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest

The 7200 RPM drive should be a little bit faster when reading randomly from the disk, while 5400 may be a little slower compared. It could be up to 33% slower if the drives have the same density and platter count. (8TB may have 5 or 6 platters while the 4TB
    may have 3 or 4).

ChiefJoboo, Oct 19, 2018
  5. pa1blo
    pa1blo Guest
    more faster 7200rpm than 5400rpm

pa1blo, Oct 19, 2018
  6. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    Hello!

Best case scenario you might see a 20% increase in speed going from a 5400 to 7200rpm drive (or vice versa). This would also be assuming that both drives are traditional hard drives and hybrid solid state hard drives. Likely this number is going to be less
    than this though for something like loading games on the Xbox. I would guess you're likely going to notice very little difference.

Tormaz, Nov 3, 2018
  7. ChiefJoboo Win User

The 7200 RPM drive should be a little bit faster when reading randomly from the disk, while 5400 may be a little slower compared. It could be up to 33% slower if the drives have the same density and platter count. (8TB may have 5 or 6 platters while the 4TB
    may have 3 or 4).
  8. Tormaz Win User

Hello!

Best case scenario you might see a 20% increase in speed going from a 5400 to 7200rpm drive (or vice versa). This would also be assuming that both drives are traditional hard drives and hybrid solid state hard drives. Likely this number is going to be less
    than this though for something like loading games on the Xbox. I would guess you're likely going to notice very little difference.
  9. pa1blo Win User

more faster 7200rpm than 5400rpm
  10. AngelObullets Win User

Corrupted saved game

I have had this issue before with external hard drives before, What is the game in question and do you use an external hard drive at all?.
  11. ImAice Win User

Corrupt code 0x80070570

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Have you tried checking if the issue still persist while the external hard drive is unplugged? I've experienced the same thing and found out that it is my external hard drive that is causing the error though. I suggest to reformat your external hard drive.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.
Thema:

1. External Hard drive Question and Help. - Similar Threads - External Hard drive

2. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  3. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  4. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  5. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  6. New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects: My WD Black D10 was working fine with my console until the last update. Now when the HD is plugged in, my console makes a freezing noise and shuts down and it keeps repeating in this cycle. There...
  7. What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...: I believe the external drives have to be spec'd to a certain speed and WD was going to release some. Maybe the WD P10 5TB? Please advise! 4ab85aec-6435-4e57-a47d-37e6f1c38f55
  8. Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...: When I go to transfer clips to an external drive, it will function for a while and then will all of a sudden close without any indication of it continuing the process. is this supposed too happen...
  9. What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...: I bought an external hard drive that was specifically made for Xbox Series X/S. I was told it would allow me to store and be played off of yet that was not true when I attempted to actually play a...
  10. why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?: if its because "they are enhanced" why not give me a pop up that says "this game will run better if its installed to the internal drive or the expansion card are you sure you wish to play without...