External hard drive problems with media player

Discus and support External hard drive problems with media player in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm attempting to play music/video files that are stored on my external hard drive with my Xbox one. I downloaded media player, and media player... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Devlin Donohue, Dec 17, 2015.

1. External hard drive problems with media player

I'm attempting to play music/video files that are stored on my external hard drive with my Xbox one. I downloaded media player, and media player recognizes the hard drive, but media player says there are no files to be found. There are indeed many files
    on there, and many, if not all, are supported file types. How do I solve this?

:)

Devlin Donohue, Dec 17, 2015
  2. Plumrico
    Plumrico Guest
    External Hard Drive not recognised at all

Hi,

i have an external hard drive with movies on that I always used to use on my XB1 via the media player with no problems, since the latest update it won't recognise the drive at all.

Any ideas?

Plumrico, Dec 17, 2015
  3. 4tb Seagate external hard drive

I bought a 2tb external hard drive last year and have had no problems but recently purchased a 4tb Seagate external hard drive due to insufficient storage for my games but the 4tb Seagate external hard drive is listed as media storage ie photos video's and
    documents I tried to format and rename it but can't get that option as I can with the 2tb external hard drive please let me know what I can do about this.

CleanupChimp659, Dec 17, 2015
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000000e)

Hello Thomas C, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

Error code 0xc00d11cd (0x8000000e) in the Xbox Series S Media Player app usually indicates a problem with authorization or access to media files.
    Make sure you're signed in to your Xbox Series S account before opening the Media Player app. If you are not logged in, it may not allow you to access your media files.

Make sure your Xbox account privacy settings allow access to media files. You can do this by going to the privacy settings in the console and making sure that the option to allow other users to see your media is enabled.

Make sure the media files you want to play are compatible with the Xbox Media Player app. The Xbox Series S supports a variety of file formats, but some specific formats may not be supported. See the Xbox documentation for more information on supported file formats.

Also make sure the media files are located in the correct directory on your external hard drive. Media files must be placed in a folder called "Media Player" at the root of the external hard drive for the Media Player application to recognize them correctly.

Try a different storage device If you're still having problems, try connecting another storage device, such as a USB flash drive, to your Xbox Series S and check if the Media Player app can access the files on that device. This will help determine if the problem is related to the external hard drive or the console settings.

Update the Media Player app Make sure the Media Player app is updated to the latest available version. You can do this by going to the Xbox App Store and checking for updates for the app.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  5. AMilli0NliGHTS Win User

How to connect external hard drive?

@Farscape247 I did that and the external hard drive shows, but when I select it only gives me the option to "view contents", when I select view contents it takes me to the media player, when the media player opens it says "no devices found".
  6. TheFury749 Win User

Media Player isn't recognizing *anything* anymore...

My Xbox detects and lists that there is an external hard drive attached but when I open it in media player I get the "No files found message". The external works perfect on my PC so I know it is not at fault!
  7. SilentRaver69 Win User

External hard drive recognised but not

If you need help with your Hard drive check out the support page
    Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox One
    I followed the guide on that link but it didn't help my problem the device is recognised it's on the list but when I go into media player or even pick it from the list in settings it comes up no device recognised in media player
  8. Hordie Win User

Why can't the ONE play the same media files as 360 ???

Open the media player app. When you run the Media Player app, select your external USB drive, and then select the media that you want to play.
Thema:

External hard drive problems with media player

1. External hard drive problems with media player - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  3. My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external 4TB seagate xbox hard drive wont work. What do i do?: My xbox series s says that i have to format it to NTFS, even tho i have done that multiple times. What do i do? 2a762762-4406-4854-b1ba-eb6144ea85ad
  4. Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my external hard drive cause my xbox series x to freeze: I had my fiest ever freeze in the my games and apps library and my console makes an electric noise when the hdd storage device is in and stops when I unplug it. I was wondering could my external...
  5. External Hard drives?

in XBoX on Windows
    External Hard drives?: yeah i have a 500gb 3.0 usb external and wondering can i play games from my external if they are not optimized for series x/s? i have an xbox series s if that help?...
  6. I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?: It was purchased from Walmart and everything looks to be original. Had the correct seal and says 5tb on it. 49ee7566-fc65-42c2-aef9-ed50d09771ff
  7. XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X seagate external hard drive not working: When I connect my external to my Xbox, the lights come on but my games aren't popping up on my Xbox. When I tried plugging it up to my laptop, nothing came up either. The xbox isn't recognizing...
  8. My external hard drive won't record multiple videos

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external hard drive won't record multiple videos: The new Xbox next gen capture update has ruined my recording experience with recording long form gameplay on the Next Gen Xbox. I used to be able to record multiple hours worth of video content to...
  9. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  10. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99