External hard drive problem

Discus and support External hard drive problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with a hard drive that I've had for a while, One day its working fine and the next day its not. For some reason, it will connect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rmiller04, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Rmiller04
    Rmiller04 Guest

I'm having a problem with a hard drive that I've had for a while, One day its working fine and the next day its not. For some reason, it will connect and show installed games but when I try and play them it states the game took to long to start this also applies to games that are not on the hard drive. The only way to fix the problem is to remove the hard drive and hard reset the Xbox i have reformatted the hard drive and cleared it many times but it will still not work, any solutions?

:)

Rmiller04, Mar 16, 2021
  2. voodooworm Win User

Modern warfare

There may be a problem with you Hard drive or external hard drive. Try basic troubleshooting with them.
  3. Gabriel Brz23 Win User

Xbox One Installation Stopped External Hard Drive

the problem May be the external hard drive
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Memoria esterna non rilevata e il controller non risponde ai comandi [Translation - External memory is not detected and the controller does not respond to commands]

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that the issue is persistent on the External Hard Drive.

Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a PC?

Does the PC recognize the external hard drive?

Does the external hard drive meet the specifications for the Xbox One?

If the problem persists, I recommend to try a different external hard drive on the Xbox if possible. One thing we want to make sure, Are the ports on the Xbox One functioning?

Let us know.
  5. Dirty Loco Win User

wow

Use an external hard drive. Next problem?
  6. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Game pass downloads

Do other games you own that aren't from game pass have the same problem? Do you have an external hard drive. If a game I install to my external hard drive is very laggy I will move it to my internal hard drive which usually fixes the problem.
Thema:

1. External hard drive problem - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  3. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  4. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  5. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  6. New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects: My WD Black D10 was working fine with my console until the last update. Now when the HD is plugged in, my console makes a freezing noise and shuts down and it keeps repeating in this cycle. There...
  7. What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...: I believe the external drives have to be spec'd to a certain speed and WD was going to release some. Maybe the WD P10 5TB? Please advise! 4ab85aec-6435-4e57-a47d-37e6f1c38f55
  8. Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...: When I go to transfer clips to an external drive, it will function for a while and then will all of a sudden close without any indication of it continuing the process. is this supposed too happen...
  9. What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...: I bought an external hard drive that was specifically made for Xbox Series X/S. I was told it would allow me to store and be played off of yet that was not true when I attempted to actually play a...
  10. why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?: if its because "they are enhanced" why not give me a pop up that says "this game will run better if its installed to the internal drive or the expansion card are you sure you wish to play without...