External hard drive for xbox please help asap

Discus and support External hard drive for xbox please help asap in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi how i know if the external hdd i want to buy is compataible with my xbox Here is the Link https://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-284 Can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by yossef45601, May 24, 2020.

1. yossef45601
    yossef45601 Guest

Hi how i know if the external hdd i want to buy is compataible with my xbox

Here is the Link

https://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-284

Can someone check for me pleased

:)

yossef45601, May 24, 2020
  2. JulienVALENTIN Win User

3. NaZoooom Win User

Hi yossef45601,

I have copied and pasted the requirements/specification needed to use an external drive below. This was taken from the Troubleshoot
    external storage detection on Xbox One
    Support page. As long as it meets the requirements below, it should be fine.

For an external storage drive to save games and apps from Xbox One, it must meet the following requirements:

• It uses a USB 3.0 connection. If you’re using a USB hub, the hub must also be USB 3.0 or later.
    • It has 128 GB or larger storage capacity.
    • It has a partition. Typically, drives come with a preformatted partition. For more info about partitioning an external hard drive, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.
    • No more than three storage devices are connected to the console at the same time.

Devices that don’t meet these requirements will be treated as media storage, such as for music or video
  4. JamesTech Win User

3TB Seagate external hard drive problems. help asap please?

On your Windows PC hook the drive up and then goto Control Panel - Administrator Tools - Computer Management - Storage

Remove Partition, Then redo Partition - Then Format to NTFS

Then Power off Xbox One fully - Unplug Power - Wait (I say 5 minutes) Boot Xbox One - Don't hookup external drive until Xbox One is fully booted - Then hook it up and wait a few - The One should ask if you want to format the drive as an Xbox One External
    Drive.

I hope this helps you and you don't have problems like I have below:

forums.xbox.com/.../1876481.aspx

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251650-console-accessories/suggestions/6793333-microsoft-s-xbox-one-should
  5. onyxishere Win User

3TB Seagate external hard drive problems. help asap please?

Sorry to hear it. If neither the console nor the PC can see or access the hard drive then perhaps it's faulty. Have you tried returning it to the point of purchase or contacted the manufacturer?
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox hard drive

Hello NovelChimp31,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your external hard drive. Check out this page for some useful tips:

Troubleshoot External Storage - Xbox One
    . If it is not detected on either the Xbox One or a Windows 10 PC, the hard drive may be corrupted. Please contact the manufacturer of the hard drive for information on it's warranty. Ultimately, the external hard
    drive may need to be replaced.

I hope this information helps.
Thema:

1. External hard drive for xbox please help asap - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  3. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  4. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  5. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  6. New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects: My WD Black D10 was working fine with my console until the last update. Now when the HD is plugged in, my console makes a freezing noise and shuts down and it keeps repeating in this cycle. There...
  7. What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...: I believe the external drives have to be spec'd to a certain speed and WD was going to release some. Maybe the WD P10 5TB? Please advise! 4ab85aec-6435-4e57-a47d-37e6f1c38f55
  8. Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...: When I go to transfer clips to an external drive, it will function for a while and then will all of a sudden close without any indication of it continuing the process. is this supposed too happen...
  9. What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...: I bought an external hard drive that was specifically made for Xbox Series X/S. I was told it would allow me to store and be played off of yet that was not true when I attempted to actually play a...
  10. why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?: if its because "they are enhanced" why not give me a pop up that says "this game will run better if its installed to the internal drive or the expansion card are you sure you wish to play without...