External hard drive don't turn off

Discus and support External hard drive don't turn off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my external hard drive on Xbox Series X. When the console is turned off in power saving mode, the external hard drive does... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WoodAx, Aug 30, 2022.

1. WoodAx
    WoodAx Guest

Hello, I have a problem with my external hard drive on Xbox Series X. When the console is turned off in power saving mode, the external hard drive does not turn off. To turn it off, you must use the "complete shutdown" option. On Xbox One X I never had this problem. Do you have any solutions or additional information?

:)

WoodAx, Aug 30, 2022
  2. WoodAx Win User

Apartment power cycle with standby mode and back to energy saving worked. Thank you for your help, I hope it will work in the long term !
  3. WoodAx Win User

Well it worked to turn it off twice, but after that the external hard drive still seems to have power. It's like a bug with the power options. Because even with a "Complete Shutdown" the external hard drive remained on. The power cycle runs once or twice and then it starts again. It all seems a bit random. Will the next update fix the problem?
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

You need to set the console to energy-saving mode to fix the issue.

"1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power mode & start-up.

3. Select from the Power mode drop-down menu to change the setting."

If it's already set to enery-saving mode as you have mentioned, you may need to set it to standby mode and then perform a powercycle before switching it back to energy-saving mode.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  5. OpticRJames Win User

Series X DEV Error 10482/Games won’t load

You're welcome. If there is also an external hard drive connected to your console, turn off your console then disconnect it, turn on the console without the external hard drive and see if it works fine.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Xbox insider, xbox update won't let my friend play games or load apps

Ask him to turn off the console by holding the Xbox button until the console turns off, remove the power cord for 1 minute, and remove the external hard drive from the console. Then turn on the console without the external hard drive connected and see if it can now run games and apps.
Thema:

1. External hard drive don't turn off - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  3. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  4. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  5. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  6. New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects: My WD Black D10 was working fine with my console until the last update. Now when the HD is plugged in, my console makes a freezing noise and shuts down and it keeps repeating in this cycle. There...
  7. What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...: I believe the external drives have to be spec'd to a certain speed and WD was going to release some. Maybe the WD P10 5TB? Please advise! 4ab85aec-6435-4e57-a47d-37e6f1c38f55
  8. Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...: When I go to transfer clips to an external drive, it will function for a while and then will all of a sudden close without any indication of it continuing the process. is this supposed too happen...
  9. What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...: I bought an external hard drive that was specifically made for Xbox Series X/S. I was told it would allow me to store and be played off of yet that was not true when I attempted to actually play a...
  10. why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?: if its because "they are enhanced" why not give me a pop up that says "this game will run better if its installed to the internal drive or the expansion card are you sure you wish to play without...