External Drive is Brilliant!

Discus and support External Drive is Brilliant! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had read a piece on how getting an external device improves the speed of Fallout's incredibly long load times. Once I got my 1 TB drive for $60 and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TennisMan-34524444-3F98-49BD-9B17-EE50B7EC8FAA, Jan 12, 2016.

1. External Drive is Brilliant!

I had read a piece on how getting an external device improves the speed of Fallout's incredibly long load times. Once I got my 1 TB drive for $60 and installed every game I own (About 25 titles!) and still have 40% available space left I was shocked when
    I transferred Fallout to the new one. It's like night and day! My load times went from horrific to semi bearable. Except when loading new areas which takes a while. But going into buildings etc is near instantaneous. Likewise with many of my other titles that
    I switched over to the drive. If you own an XBox One, I would highly suggest doing this.

:)

TennisMan-34524444-3F98-49BD-9B17-EE50B7EC8FAA, Jan 12, 2016
  2. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    [Basic Request] Ability to partition our external Hard Drives

Brilliant idea and it was the first thing I thought when I bought an external drive. Ultimately we decided to use it for the pc. Not even half of it is being used. What a pity.

brandiesel1, Jan 12, 2016
  3. external hdd

hi all, i'm having problems with an external hdd. it was working up until yesterday but now my xbox one won't recognize it and as a result i cant play several of my games due to using 99% of the internal drive. the external is a 2tb samsung d3 station and
    is usually plugged into the side usb port on the xbox. any help will be brilliant please. thank you.

RotundAssassin, Jan 12, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Enjoy your new purchase. There is a noticeable difference. Happy Gaming!

{Parity}, Jan 12, 2016
  5. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Nice. When you transfer a game to the external drive is it fast or is it like installing them all over again?

6. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    It is much faster than installing them.

{Parity}, Jan 12, 2016
  7. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Nice. I've decided to go all digital last May so I'm sick of deleting every game as soon as I'm finished.

8. Groovy Moves
    Groovy Moves Guest

After purchasing a MyBook I was shocked at how well it worked with my Xbox. I figured it would be the same thing just more room for games, however, I was amazed when the loading time actually improved as well. Best $109 I ever spent on gaming equipment.

You made the right choice in buying an external HDD. Personally, I would have aimed for a little more memory with the amount that you spent. None the less, congratulations.

Groovy Moves, Jan 12, 2016
  9. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    I wonder if it improves The Witcher 3 load times?

brandiesel1, Jan 13, 2016
  10. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    An external HDD should cut down the load times on pretty much all games.

It'll vary from game to game though,it's more noticeable on bigger games like Witcher,Fallout etc.

Daft Badger, Jan 13, 2016
  11. Yes I can confirm this. All load speeds are vastly improved based on how big they are. Open world games definitely get the 5 start treatment because of all the data they need to unpack. But the other benefit is that I don't have to shuffle through my games
    anymore, more importantly I don't have to (gasp) reinstall them! I'm 95% digital now, so I don't swap discs or anything. To say this makes life easier would be a massive understatement.

TennisMan-34524444-3F98-49BD-9B17-EE50B7EC8FAA, Jan 14, 2016
  12. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Well I know what I'll be asking the wife to get me for my birthday. lol, I'll be 41 and asking for an external hard drive for my videogames.

brandiesel1, Jan 15, 2016
  13. External Drive is Brilliant!

Can anybody recommend a good external HDD for my 360? I picked up a 2GB Seagate, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with it :'(

HyruleBalverine, Nov 2, 2018
  14. HyruleBalverine Win User

Can anybody recommend a good external HDD for my 360? I picked up a 2GB Seagate, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with it :'(
  15. brandiesel1 Win User

Well I know what I'll be asking the wife to get me for my birthday. lol, I'll be 41 and asking for an external hard drive for my videogames.
  16. brandiesel1 Win User

I wonder if it improves The Witcher 3 load times?
  17. brandiesel1 Win User

Nice. I've decided to go all digital last May so I'm sick of deleting every game as soon as I'm finished.
  18. {Parity} Win User

It is much faster than installing them.
Thema:

1. External Drive is Brilliant! - Similar Threads - External Drive Brilliant

2. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  3. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  4. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  5. When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will we be able to play xbox series X/S games from a external drive?: Id like to play my games from external hard drive but unfortunately i can’t play from storage, i would like to be able to do this again instead of paying for something much more expensive....
  6. I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help: I downloaded Sea of Thieves onto my External hard drive, and now I want to play it. So when I go to move it into the Internal Drive it stops moving at 2.18GB and won’t start again. How do I fix...
  7. Help with transferring games between internal and external drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with transferring games between internal and external drives: Hi everyone, I have just bought a Seagate 2tb external drive for my xbox one s.It is formatted for games and is ready to go. However when i transferred a 360 title from internal to external...
  8. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  9. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  10. My external solid state drive is showing as media only.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external solid state drive is showing as media only.: I have a 4 terabite solid state drive that us type-c 3.1 and I've looked at the support pages and I did what was there and it didn't work, it still shows as a media only drive....