Ex's family still using my account

Discus and support Ex's family still using my account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I just got an email that someone in my ex's family granted Hi-Rez Studios Xbox OAuth access to my xbolivexfamily account. I didn't grant access to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JamyGearhart, Dec 5, 2022.

1. JamyGearhart
    JamyGearhart Guest

I just got an email that someone in my ex's family granted Hi-Rez Studios Xbox OAuth access to my xbolivexfamily account.

I didn't grant access to this or give permission to have my account used.. it said if this wasn't me then I needed to remove the app from my account and gave me a link. When I tried to follow the instructions to manage my apps using the link, it said I didn't have any apps to manage. I've been divorced for 10 years. How are they still using my account? How can I fix it so they can't keep granting access to apps like this if the link provided didn't even work?

:)

JamyGearhart, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent adviser.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your account problem.

You may need to make changes to your account security information to avoid this from happening again. They might still have access to your account for some reason.

Make sure you change your password and security proofs.

You may follow this guide to secure your account:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Hope that helps!
  3. Pating rainbows Win User

How do I untangle/Seperate two Microsoft accounts?

Hi folks

I have a somewhat similar issue.

My Daughter (11) uses her mothers (my ex) microsoft account to sign into various games like minecraft on her ipad.

So I bought an xbox for christmas a couple of years ago (it was for the kids i swear) and not having a microsoft account of my own, we signed in using my ex’s account so the kids could get playing asap.

Things are very amicable between us so she doesn’t mind us using the account to which i have full access, but its still her main email and onedrive account and I would just prefer if we had seperate accounts.

So my question is, if i join “her” microsoft family as an adult with my own microsoft email and then delete her from it, will all of our purchases remain within that family with me as the new main account holder/adult?

Thanks for your help in advance.
  4. SGxTOKEN Win User

Account used by ex

log into your microsoft account and go to devices then remove the 360 from your account. you can also delete your gamertag then recover it on your xbone x try microsoft account first you should also be able to log into your xbox live account and remove your
    profile from that 360 as well i wouldnt wait you could get banned for something they did i had that happen to me once. i will never let gf kids near my stuff again just a heads up kids are always into something
  5. ngocphi Win User

Account used by ex

changing the password will do it

It would require the other console to reinput the new password you can always go to your xbox one x account settings and requires signin
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Account used by ex

OK here is a link that has instructions and i will copy and paste the instructions directly from the link also for you.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/manage-sign-in-preferences

Remove your password from other Xbox 360 consoles remotely
    If you download your Xbox Live profile to another console and it's not password protected, or if your password becomes compromised, you can remotely remove the password so that no one else can access your profile. There are two ways to do this:

Option 1:
    Change your password
    . The next time anyone tries to sign in on any console where your password has been saved, the sign-in will fail if they don't know the new password.

Option 2: Remove your profile from all Xbox 360 consoles where it's been previously downloaded. Here's how:

1. Sign in to your account on Xbox.com.
    2. Select Xbox settings from your gamertag drop-down.
    3. Select Xbox 360 profile protection.
    4. Select Require Profile Download.
    Once you select Require Profile Download, it will take effect immediately. Your profile and history will remain on Xbox.com, Xbox Live, and Xbox 360 consoles. But anyone (including you) who wants to use
    an Xbox 360 console with your profile on it will be required to redownload your profile to connect to Xbox Live.

Now keep this in mind also that on your xbox one if you try to play a backwards compatible game when you first load it up it will say disconnected from xbox live so you will have to redownload your profile on the
    emulator there too so to do that follow these directions.

1. Load up any 360 backwards compatible game.

2. hit the start and select buttons on the controller at the same time (small little buttons on either side of the big xbox button on controller).

3. that should bring up the xbox 360 guide and should give you a choice to download profile

4. click on download profile and it will ask you for your email and password and once you put that in it will download your profile and allow you to play the backwards compatible games.

the resetting of the password on the account will only block any other xbox ones that your profile is on from signing in without putting in the new password.
Thema:

1. Ex's family still using my account - Similar Threads - Ex's family still

2. How do I delete my ex wife's email from my family account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I delete my ex wife's email from my family account?: The accountis mine, I never added their info to it but it shows and I can't delete it. 26282d4b-fe86-4cb1-bf8d-46467f22d91b
  3. Unlinking Fortnite account from Ex GF Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unlinking Fortnite account from Ex GF Xbox: My Ex Gf has my Fortnite account tied up in her Xbox account and I need to some how log her officially out of that account. She has been spending my V-Bucks and logging me out making it basically...
  4. Regarding Xbox and fed ex

in XBoX on Consoles
    Regarding Xbox and fed ex: Hello I had did a warranty repair with Xbox had all my information but not giving me the customer care that’s supposed to be giving because my Xbox wasn’t delivered fed ex tells me contact Xbox I...
  5. The folder and file restrictions for Gamepass on PC ruin the entire experience. Ex: Starfield

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The folder and file restrictions for Gamepass on PC ruin the entire experience. Ex: Starfield: Modding is a HUGE part of playing any Bethesda game (Starfield, Skyrim, Fallout 4, etc). Microsoft (Gamepass version) locks down the Starfield folder (and the Starfield.exe especially) to prevent...
  6. How to stop game sharing on my ex girlfriend xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to stop game sharing on my ex girlfriend xbox: I can't go to her house to stop the gamesharing and I also don't have anybody else to GameShare with and don't want her having free access to my games or my gold membership what do I...
  7. Does changing emails for an Xbox account take the files (ex. Microsoft Word and PowerPoint)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does changing emails for an Xbox account take the files (ex. Microsoft Word and PowerPoint)...: For years now I've been using an Xbox account that my mother made for me using her email. I've got countless hours and countless dollars spent into many games, but I'm wanting to migrate to my own...
  8. What happens if you download a Windows game file (ex: karlson 2d on itch.io) onto an Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens if you download a Windows game file (ex: karlson 2d on itch.io) onto an Xbox...: What happens if you download a Windows game file onto an Xbox one s? d1cae5cd-734d-4052-8a97-26477b3dddf0
  9. Game DVR audio bug in certain games. ex: apex legends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR audio bug in certain games. ex: apex legends: Current issue is with the Game DVR. I've been having issues with the audio that is being captured during recorded clips, specifically in Apex legends. I've been troubleshooting the issue and have...
  10. I got a elite 2 controller and the paddles are not working anywhere (ex: games and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got a elite 2 controller and the paddles are not working anywhere (ex: games and...: I got a elite 2 controller and the paddles are not working anywhere (ex: games and controller lab) I would like to know how to fix it 2f5baf2f-911d-4d07-9b42-a751f4aeb83c