Expired Xbox Game Pass won't cancel on prepaid card

Discus and support Expired Xbox Game Pass won't cancel on prepaid card in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I forgot turn off automatic renewal off when I subscribed to Xbox Game Pass last year with my prepaid card. After my card became empty my subscription... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Midship00, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Midship00
    Midship00 Guest

I forgot turn off automatic renewal off when I subscribed to Xbox Game Pass last year with my prepaid card. After my card became empty my subscription also expired. So I wanted to cancel that expired subscription, but it doesn't give me the option to cancel
    it. This normally would be fine if it was just expired but it tries to charge me for it every month. Because the card is prepaid, it fails every month but it also means I can't use the card.

How do I cancel this subscription?

:)

Midship00, Jan 23, 2021
  2. BadBoiSouth Win User

Game Pass Ultimate if I already have Gold

Currently I have Game Pass Ultimate subscription with recurring billing off and don't want this subscription service once it expires 10/22/22, so do I just activate my prepaid xbox live gold subscription card on 10/23/22, or do I actually have to cancel game pass ultimate subscription for my account on 10/23/22 manually before redeeming and activating my xbox live gold prepaid 12 month card on 10/23/22?

Also, if you select turn off recurring billing on your account for your current game pass ultimate subscription, does that automatically cancel your prepaid game pass ultimate subscription on its expiration date? or is it requirement that you still manually cancel Game Pass Ultimate on or after its prepaid expiration date if you wish to switch back to xbox live gold using a prepaid subscription card?
  3. dempup Win User

If you have checked there is no outstanding balance and you still is not able to cancel your subscription, You have to reach out to
    support.xbox.com to get the issue resolved.
  4. Midship00 Win User

How can this be an overdue payment as I paid for the last month I used it?
  5. dempup Win User

Hi There.

To cancel your Gold or Game Pass subscription, logon to Services & subscriptions and choose Manage
    > Cancel subscription on the item your want to cancel. But since you have overdue balance, you will not be able to cancel the subscription until choose are payed.

Go to
    account.microsoft.com
    . Under Services & subscriptions, find your past-due subscription and select Pay now.
  6. BadBoiSouth Win User

Game Pass Ultimate if I already have Gold

Currently I have Game Pass Ultimate subscription with recurring billing off and don't want this subscription service once it expires 10/22/22, so do I just activate my prepaid xbox live gold subscription card on 10/23/22, or do I actually have to cancel game pass ultimate subscription for my account on 10/23/22 manually before redeeming and activating my xbox live gold prepaid 12 month card on 10/23/22?

Also, if you select turn off recurring billing on your account for your current game pass ultimate subscription, does that automatically cancel your prepaid game pass ultimate subscription on its expiration date? or is it requirement that you still manually cancel Game Pass Ultimate on or after its prepaid expiration date if you wish to switch back to xbox live gold using a prepaid subscription card?

If, at a later date, I want to consider switching back to game pass ultimate service again after already activating up to 36 months of prepaid xbox live gold subscription cards, then the option to convert these 36 months of xbox live gold to game pass ultimate at a 1:1 monthly ratio conversion for a 2nd time all over again is still offered to me correct? the only difference this time around would be that I would have to pay $14.99 or whatever the current monthly game pass ultimate price rate is for one month to convert all prepaid live gold months at 1:1 ratio? since I can't qualify for the $1 per month ultimate promo price deal since I already used that 3 years prior?
Thema:

1. Expired Xbox Game Pass won't cancel on prepaid card - Similar Threads - Expired Game Pass

2. Warranty incorrectly expired on the system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty incorrectly expired on the system: Hello. Appreciate if someone can advise me. i am from South Africa. I purchased an xbix controller on the 30 April 2023 with a 1 year warranty. It was suppose to be expiring in the 30 April...
  3. Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement Controller - Warranty Expired on Delivery: I had a Xbox Series Elite 2 Wireless which had lapsed warranty expiration, which had some button response issues. I raised a request for replacement through my account, and paid the $130+ dollars...
  4. I cannot join parties after comm ban expires

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join parties after comm ban expires: I can’t join parties after my comm ban, I have an error whenever I try to join yet I can create my own, invite and earlier when I did to my friends I could then join parties but it would be...
  5. if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded: if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded d7e7c536-caa7-4db3-8ffa-708f64cb503b
  6. Paid for Minecraft Realms, have an Active subscription, but it shows up as Expired in game.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Paid for Minecraft Realms, have an Active subscription, but it shows up as Expired in game.: I migrated my Realms a while back and have already been billed on 12/1 by microsoft for the subscription this month. It shows up as an Active subscription on my microsoft accounts page, but...
  7. I bought a game and then bought Game Pass but if the game pass gets expired I can't play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game and then bought Game Pass but if the game pass gets expired I can't play...: I bought Jedi Fallen order for Xbox and then Got Game Pass but now if game pass expires I can't play it unless I resubscribe or if I don't have Wi-Fi I can't get to Game Pass therefore can't play...
  8. Minecraft said I don't own Minecraft anymore when my PC game pass expired, but I already...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft said I don't own Minecraft anymore when my PC game pass expired, but I already...: I first bought Minecraft the game itself, and then yesterday when my PC game pass expired, Minecraft said that I don't own Minecraft anymore. I think the bug might be linked to the Xbox PC game...
  9. I recently bought xbox game pass and it expired and now I cannot open minecraft because I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently bought xbox game pass and it expired and now I cannot open minecraft because I...: Hello, I bought minecraft xbox 1 edition a couple years ago, and was given a new version of minecraft because of that. Now I recently bought the xbox game pass and cancelled it, and now it is...
  10. How long do I have after my game pass expires?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How long do I have after my game pass expires?: How long do I have after my game pass expires e05aedc2-2971-4953-bb9a-080fd9bb7303