expand a new xbox 360

Discus and support expand a new xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am looking at purchasing a new Xbox 360 4gb. Is it possible to expand the hard drive with a usb hard drive as I have one spare.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pumpkineater666, Jan 6, 2014.

1. expand a new xbox 360

Hello, I am looking at purchasing a new Xbox 360 4gb.

Is it possible to expand the hard drive with a usb hard drive as I have one spare.

:)

Pumpkineater666, Jan 6, 2014
  2. An Xbox Dude
    An Xbox Dude Guest
    Next E3 = Next Gen Xbox?

Why would Microsoft announce a blockbuster game such as Halo 4 for the Xbox 360 then turn around and announce a brand new console. Heres what I think.

E3 2013: Microsoft announces a brand new project which allows the Xbox 360 to expand even more.

Holiday 2014: The new project is released.

An Xbox Dude, Jan 6, 2014
  3. PhilMarck
    PhilMarck Guest
    Where's the Office, Calendar and Calculator apps?

Expand the Apps to other uses than just TV and Music, it'd be a great addition to Xbox 360.

PhilMarck, Jan 6, 2014
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

expand a new xbox 360

Not worth the trouble you might as well either buy a USB drive upto 32 gigs or buy an official xbox hd

A USB hd can only use 32 gigs for xbox storage

ngocphi, Jan 6, 2014
  5. ngocphi Win User

expand a new xbox 360

Not worth the trouble you might as well either buy a USB drive upto 32 gigs or buy an official xbox hd

A USB hd can only use 32 gigs for xbox storage
  6. Smwutches Win User

A question about gold membership payment methods

7. An Xbox Dude Win User

Next E3 = Next Gen Xbox?

Why would Microsoft announce a blockbuster game such as Halo 4 for the Xbox 360 then turn around and announce a brand new console. Heres what I think.

E3 2013: Microsoft announces a brand new project which allows the Xbox 360 to expand even more.

Holiday 2014: The new project is released.
  8. wi7bit Win User

Expanding the storage on the new Xbox

After looking at this, it seems that back- compat games that have been optimised for Series consoles, work fine on external drives.

Games I have tried are:

Overwatch

Minecraft Dungeons

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

But any game that is Gen9 only (Scarlet) shows a warning when moving to an external drive:

“One or more of your selections needs faster storage. You can move it, but it won’t be playable.”

The game I tried was Control Ultimate Edition. So it seems future Series only games will need to be on the internal drive to play, but can be archived on an external drive. So still worth getting one I think.
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

Expanding the storage on the new Xbox

I’m positive. I have a Series X and Overwatch has just been optimised for Series consoles. This is installed on my external drive and loads and runs just fine. It just doesn’t take advantage of the Xbox Velocity Architecture.
    How odd. If it works, then it works, must be an exception to the rule though as other Series titles games don't work off externals.
Thema:

expand a new xbox 360

1. expand a new xbox 360 - Similar Threads - expand 360

2. When will Microsoft expand their country support for Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft expand their country support for Xbox?: Hello, Ive been waiting years for microsoft to add support to my country Romania( a country thats in the EU) and yet it its been so long and no new updates. Please Microsoft expand your country...
  3. When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox: Email from Fanatec: Thanks for reaching out to us. Functionality on Xbox consoles is limited by the Xbox OS. Our Xbox-licensed Steering Wheels have almost the same number of usable inputs as the...
  4. Expanding Quick Resume Memory on Xbox Series X|S: A Possibility?

in XboX Insiders
    Expanding Quick Resume Memory on Xbox Series X|S: A Possibility?: Hello fellow gamers, I’ve been pondering over the Quick Resume feature on the Xbox Series X|S. It’s a fantastic feature that allows us to switch between games seamlessly by saving the state of...
  5. how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...: Rigid game save allocations mean I am often running out of space to save on so many games. Worse than this, the allocation is not extended for other users, so I might only have room for saves in...
  6. The Xbox Mastercard Preview Expands to All US Xbox Insiders Today!

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Mastercard Preview Expands to All US Xbox Insiders Today!: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. Will Xbox ever expand the current number of controller inputs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Xbox ever expand the current number of controller inputs?: With controllers adding more and more buttons and console hardware trying to keep up with the PC world I would love to see Xbox expand the number of controller inputs. Controllers like the Elite...
  8. The Xbox Mastercard Preview Expands to Additional Xbox Insiders Today!

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Mastercard Preview Expands to Additional Xbox Insiders Today!: Team Xbox is so excited to see the initial response to the Xbox Mastercard with the first group of Xbox Insiders! We’re happy to announce that we’re opening up the Preview to another group of Xbox...
  9. [360] 780 Underd0gs NOW RECRUITING. We are an active crew looking to expand membership...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [360] 780 Underd0gs NOW RECRUITING. We are an active crew looking to expand membership...: NOW RECRUITING. The 780 Underd0gs is an active crew looking to expand its membership. The crew is CURRENTLY OPEN TO JOIN. It may change depending on member count, I will update if it happens....
  10. Want to expand original xbox 360 memory

in XBoX on Consoles
    Want to expand original xbox 360 memory: I currently have an original xbox 360 with 120g memory which is located on the top of the machine. With christmas coming I really need to increase the memory ideally to at least double what I...