Exactly what privacy/safety settings need to be enabled for a child to access Minecraft ...

Discus and support Exactly what privacy/safety settings need to be enabled for a child to access Minecraft ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I set up an Xbox Live account for my 10-year-old son because he really wants to be able to access Minecraft servers, so that he can play with more... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Katvrouw-[xboxvenue], Oct 21, 2017.

1. Exactly what privacy/safety settings need to be enabled for a child to access Minecraft ...

I set up an Xbox Live account for my 10-year-old son because he really wants to be able to access Minecraft servers, so that he can play with more people than just me and his little brother. But he keeps getting a message saying that he is not allowed to
    access them because of the setup of his account, and that the privacy/online safety settings need to be changed.

I went into the settings, and made sure every permission that seemed possibly relevant was enabled - under the Privacy tab, I set "Share stuff people make (Xbox 360: Member Content)" to Everyone, under the Xbox One/Windows 10 tab I set "Join multiplayer games" to
    Allow, and under the Xbox 360 tab I set "Online Gameplay" to Allowed. (And yes, I made sure I was doing this for his account, not just mine!). But it's still not working. Is there some other setting that needs to be checked?

In case it makes a difference, this is for Minecraft Pocket Edition on an iPad, not an actual Xbox, but it still requires an Xbox Live account for most multiplayer features.

:)

Katvrouw-[xboxvenue], Oct 21, 2017
  2. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest
    Daughter's account restricted , error 914

Hey styly81!

Can you provide us with a little more information regarding the issue with what appears to be a settings related problem. Does it give you any particular error message or code (besides the 914) when trying to access her RoBlox or Minecraft games? It could
    be that you may need to adjust some of her Privacy and Online Safety settings from a parental account if hers is a child account. Here's a link with more information about how to do that : Xbox
    One online safety and privacy settings for parents and children

Hope this helps

Please reply a post with more information to be able to better assist you

Thanks for reaching out.

XBF George L, Oct 21, 2017
  3. Loraine Mon
    Loraine Mon Guest
    Xbox App will not allow me to upload video clips.

Hi,

Errors upon uploading video clips on Xbox app may be caused by several factors. There are possibilities that the privacy settings on the account is incorrectly set up.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the privacy settings on your account is allowed to share video clips. You can go to this

link
    and follow the steps to change your account privacy and online safety settings.

If you are using a child account, you'll need a parent's permission to change the settings. The parent account can change the privacy and online safety settings for Xbox by following the steps on this link:

How a parent can change the privacy and online safety settings for a child account

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us back anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Exactly what privacy/safety settings need to be enabled for a child to access Minecraft ...

It's been two weeks and no one has responded... Exactly what privacy/safety settings need to be enabled for a child to access Minecraft ... :( I would still be very interested in getting the answer to this question! My son really wants to be able to access servers.

Katvrouw-[xboxvenue], Nov 6, 2017
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Does he have a gold subscription?

Smwutches, Nov 6, 2017
  6. OK, I ended up giving up on regular servers and setting up a Realm, and was able to add my 10-year-old, no problem, and we've been playing in the realm regularly, so that part is all good.

But now I'm trying to add his younger brother (7 years old) and for some reason it is just not working! I've made sure that all the privacy and online safety settings are the same for the two kids, I made sure both of them were listed in my family in the Microsoft
    account settings, and added as Xbox Live friends, but for some reason the younger one is still getting the message that "You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy & online
    safety settings on Xbox.com."

The thing is, I have checked and re-checked those settings repeatedly, and they are exactly the same for both kids. But the older one is able to access the realm and the younger one is not! Is there something else I have to do, maybe because of his age? I already
    tried setting the age limit for apps & games in his Microsoft account settings to age 10 & up rather than 7 & up to see if that would make a difference, but it didn't... I can't figure out why it is allowing one kid and not allowing the other when everything
    is set up identically for both of them!

For the record, we are all using Minecraft Pocket Edition on iOS devices, and we do not have an actual Xbox - we only set up the Xbox accounts for use with Minecraft. And nobody has a gold subscription to the best of my knowledge (I don't even know what that
    is, offhand) - we just have a Realms subscription. And I did all the account setup stuff via the Microsoft.com and Xbox.com web sites on my computer, not via any mobile app, in case that makes a difference.

Any help would be much appreciated...

Katvrouw-[xboxvenue], Nov 1, 2018
  7. Katvrouw-[xboxvenue] Win User

Exactly what privacy/safety settings need to be enabled for a child to access Minecraft servers?

OK, I ended up giving up on regular servers and setting up a Realm, and was able to add my 10-year-old, no problem, and we've been playing in the realm regularly, so that part is all good.

But now I'm trying to add his younger brother (7 years old) and for some reason it is just not working! I've made sure that all the privacy and online safety settings are the same for the two kids, I made sure both of them were listed in my family in the Microsoft
    account settings, and added as Xbox Live friends, but for some reason the younger one is still getting the message that "You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy & online
    safety settings on Xbox.com."

The thing is, I have checked and re-checked those settings repeatedly, and they are exactly the same for both kids. But the older one is able to access the realm and the younger one is not! Is there something else I have to do, maybe because of his age? I already
    tried setting the age limit for apps & games in his Microsoft account settings to age 10 & up rather than 7 & up to see if that would make a difference, but it didn't... I can't figure out why it is allowing one kid and not allowing the other when everything
    is set up identically for both of them!

For the record, we are all using Minecraft Pocket Edition on iOS devices, and we do not have an actual Xbox - we only set up the Xbox accounts for use with Minecraft. And nobody has a gold subscription to the best of my knowledge (I don't even know what that
    is, offhand) - we just have a Realms subscription. And I did all the account setup stuff via the Microsoft.com and Xbox.com web sites on my computer, not via any mobile app, in case that makes a difference.

Any help would be much appreciated...
  8. Smwutches Win User

Exactly what privacy/safety settings need to be enabled for a child to access Minecraft servers?

Does he have a gold subscription?
  9. Katvrouw-[xboxvenue] Win User

It's been two weeks and no one has responded... :( I would still be very interested in getting the answer to this question! My son really wants to be able to access servers.
  10. BeastBadshah Win User

Purchasing issue on VUDU

11. stemaler Win User

ALoow family memeber to play multiplayer games online

The settings for privacy and online safety are set to 'child defaults' but he can't access his game as a multiplayer. I don't know what settings I need to change
Thema:

Exactly what privacy/safety settings need to be enabled for a child to access Minecraft ...

1. Exactly what privacy/safety settings need to be enabled for a child to access Minecraft ... - Similar Threads - Exactly privacy safety

2. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  3. What is Xbox working on exactly ?

in XboX Insiders
    What is Xbox working on exactly ?: It is a very simple question addressed to Xbox devs team , what are you exactly working on ? Why am I asking this ? I am a part of alpha skip ahead insider program during years and I don't see any...
  4. Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?: Warranty ran out one month ago exactly. The console turns on then 10 seconds later turns off. I've asked Microsoft about repairs an been quoted £193 for a £200 console. Won't be buying an xbox...
  5. Why do I have two account with the exact same information for both?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have two account with the exact same information for both?: I had redeemed a Fortnite v-bucks card and put all my information such as email, gamer tag, password and everything else. When I redeemed it and it went through I logged into Fortnite and my...
  6. I can't load Mw3 zombies. It keeps giving me this exact error code. Ps. it's a digital copy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't load Mw3 zombies. It keeps giving me this exact error code. Ps. it's a digital copy: Disc read error [8.7]: 'ww_mp_jup_bigmap.ff' - Check log for more information 778f2a61-40ea-4e83-aa4b-ff38f60d405b
  7. MW3 crashes in exact same spot during campaign at reactor cut scene

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW3 crashes in exact same spot during campaign at reactor cut scene: I have factory reset the console, uninstalled the game, erased all data, replayed all the way to the same point and still crashes. Anyone? Here is a link to it happening:...
  8. Is there any way that I can find out the exact month, day, and year that I had changed my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way that I can find out the exact month, day, and year that I had changed my...: I’ve had my gamer tag for a very long time and I was very thoughtful and intentional when brainstorming the name, and for copyright/ trademark reasons I was curious if I could get the specifics of...
  9. I know my past gamer tag but forgot my exact email and want to recover

in XboX Insiders
    I know my past gamer tag but forgot my exact email and want to recover: Is there a way to determine the email of my past account if I do not know it or is it a guessing game until I get it? submitted by /u/Bustanut364 [link] [comments]
  10. Every time my series S has an "update" the size of the update is the exact size of the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time my series S has an "update" the size of the update is the exact size of the...: Every time my series S has an "update" the size of the update is the exact size of the entire game. This leads me to believe that of course it's not updating anything but just randomly...