Everyone else having Surround sound/ atmos

Discus and support Everyone else having Surround sound/ atmos in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For some reason recently I can't output in dolby atmos or surround sound on Amazon prime and Netflix. I have a sonos system so I can see the type of... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jamesmc105, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Everyone else having Surround sound/ atmos

For some reason recently I can't output in dolby atmos or surround sound on Amazon prime and Netflix. I have a sonos system so I can see the type of audio playing on my xbox.

submitted by /u/jamesmc105
    [link] [comments]

/u/jamesmc105, Dec 21, 2021
  2. Arminator Win User

Simulated Atmos from XBOX One S?

No, the Xbox One S does not simulate ATMOS from a 5.1 source.

However, since the Xbox One can run multiple sound applications at any given time (for example you run an Atmos enabled game, while having a music app running in the background), the console will ALWAYS output an ATMOS signal to your receiver, since the
    game sound is in spatial surround.

Into that ATMOS spatial surround sound track, the stereo music track will be mixed in. But since the music track does not have surround or height information in it's stereo signal, you won't get the music in ATMOS spatial surround, even if your receiver
    shows ATMOS coming in.

If you watch a 5.1 video in VUDU, the Xbox will distribute the 5.1 sound information to the front, center, back surround and subwoofer channels for the ATMOS signal, and your ceiling speakers for example won't get sound.

So even if your receiver shows ATMOS, and you have twenty speakers mounted in your home cinema, only the standard 5.1 speakers will produce sound, if you watch a 5.1 sound source.
  3. Echo4Ent Win User

Surround Sound Headset

I like the Turtle Beach Stealth 700. It uses Windows Sonic for surround sound, and is Dolby Atmos compatible.

The Stealth 800X is 7.1 surround, and can be found on sale for around $180

Most of the rest of the Xbox Surround Sound Headsets run above the $200 mark.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one s not using atmos speakers in games

I also re-installed the dolby acces app. Demo content in the app itself plays sound from my height speakers and the rest of my speakers. I only get this problem when playing games, where only the height speakers are not playing any sound at all.
    It seems that the console and your audio system is properly configured for Dolby Atmos, since the Atmos Demo works.

Also try to download the free "Insects" demo from Microsoft, which allows you to switch between Dolby Atmos and "regular" surround sound.

Check if Atmos works in that demo, as the Atmos Demos in the app are usually videos with a fixed, pre-rendered audio track.

Also, which games are you trying exactly? Do the games really support Dolby Atmos themselves? Because the Xbox One S will not "upscale" regular surround sound from non-Atmos games to have height information.
  5. Kev7420 Win User

Dolby Atmos App - When will it be updated

Maybe this can help https://www.howtogeek.com/309853/how-to-use-dolby-atmos-surround-sound-on-windows-10/
  6. Goofy19781 Win User

Atmos Problem

Dolby Surround is a upscaler from a not atmos source like 5.1 or 2.0 to surround with use of al your speakers like 5.1.2 or higher.

dts neuralx is the same upscaling system from dts

You had no problem with atmos, you think you had.

Now with the new firmware update the xbox one x is a broken thing with netflix

With a non atmos source the receiver must do the upscaling but now the xbox puts out a 2.0 or 5.1 stream in a atmos package, and no sound is comming out your atmos speakers.
Thema:

Everyone else having Surround sound/ atmos

1. Everyone else having Surround sound/ atmos - Similar Threads - Everyone else having

2. Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...: Urgent as Xbox not doing anything ca1586cd-ca3e-4e18-ad0d-9372ddc39e9f
  3. Can hear everyone but one person on Xbox party chat while on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can hear everyone but one person on Xbox party chat while on pc: Idk if anyone else has had this happen. But I'm using Xbox party chat on pc and can hear my entire party but one person does anyone know a way to fix it submitted by /u/ContentSpeaker1119...
  4. Everyone else having issues with JUST the Xbox not connecting to your internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Everyone else having issues with JUST the Xbox not connecting to your internet?: I can't be the only one because I know I am not. Other friends have the same issue. Does Xbox respond? No. Just troubleshoot with every single solution I've tried. Cannot get a live person to hear...
  5. Why everyone has 100 packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why everyone has 100 packet loss: Why does all of my friends (include me ) have packet loss today .It isn’t a ISP problem nor a router cause I checked it . It’s really annoying for competitive players...
  6. Why was i banned for doing what everyone else does?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why was i banned for doing what everyone else does?: For years i have ran a milsim on different games. Wildlands, Breakpoint, Arma, Battlefield and now Insurgency. And today i woke up to being banned for my recruitment post., And i go to check the...
  7. I’m having the same crashing issues as everyone else and uninstalling and reinstalling...

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having the same crashing issues as everyone else and uninstalling and reinstalling...: Also is it going to make me setup my console again and have to re-sign in to all my apps? submitted by /u/AgonyFGC [link] [comments]
  8. When I get I voted to a party, it says everyone else joined bit stills says I am...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I get I voted to a party, it says everyone else joined bit stills says I am...: It started a month ago and still hasn't fixed itself. I'm on Xbox one s 6b764ff4-a288-4e49-99f0-f7f3e83d1972
  9. Why can I see my skin on Minecraft but everyone else can’t

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I see my skin on Minecraft but everyone else can’t: For a while my classic Minecraft skins haven’t been showing up for others I either show up as Steve,Alex or another starter skin I’ve deleted and downloaded Minecraft many times and it’s still not...
  10. I changed my gamertag and it updates so everyone else sees it but me? How do I get it to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag and it updates so everyone else sees it but me? How do I get it to...: N/A…I honestly don’t know what to put here 0727117f-d6b9-462c-a0fe-72a499a893df