Every time I try to update a specific game, it automatically stops and says “installation...

Discus and support Every time I try to update a specific game, it automatically stops and says “installation... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have had this issue before and don’t remember how I fixed it. I tried deleting and reinstalling the game but it still instantly stops and presents me... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ted Harvey, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Ted Harvey
    Ted Harvey Guest

Every time I try to update a specific game, it automatically stops and says “installation...

I have had this issue before and don’t remember how I fixed it. I tried deleting and reinstalling the game but it still instantly stops and presents me with “installation stopped” does anyone know how I can fix this?

:)

Ted Harvey, Feb 24, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Every time I try to update a specific game, it automatically stops and says “installation stopped”. How can I fix this?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console, Ted? If yes, please unplug the hard drive and then perform a powercycle before reinstalling the games. Keep the hard drive unplugged.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If there is none, we may need to reset the console keeping your games and apps. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. caroline nilsson Win User

My Fortnite doesn’t work for some reason.

It is befors the game even launches. I am unable to even install or update the game as it says installation stopped every time I try to update it
  4. Michael Barrera1 Win User

How do I get data back on a game that isn’t installed

But it won’t let me install it, it says installation stopped every time I try to
  5. Austin James Win User

installed NBA 2K22, then it wanted me to update it after installing it, but it automatically says “installation stopped” when trying a few seconds into updating the already installed game.

When I try to install the game, it tells me it needs an update and to either update now or update later. Pressing update now causes the same automatic “installation stopped” error as when it requires me to update after installing the new game.
  6. o0NeMo0o Win User

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Installation Stopped! Error code 0x80073cf2

Should I select "Cancel", because every time I try to re-download it will say Installing then back to queue, then Installation Stopped.
Thema:

1. Every time I try to update a specific game, it automatically stops and says “installation... - Similar Threads - Every try update

2. I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error: Is there anyway you could help me I have these two gift cards one of $25 and one of $50 I use the first 25 want to turn it into Microsoft money it was a team gift card both of them are teen gift...
  3. I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...: If I create a party chat friends can join me and party chat is fine. But if I try join a friend's party chat it just keeps giving my connecting and then disconnects me. We have even tried that the...
  4. Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...: Ive tried to do everything I know when it comes to factory resetting the whole Xbox with and without games. Its strange as a he white screen only happens when I try to load into an actual game. If...
  5. Xbox series S signs me out of Xbox live every time I get on, tried deleting my account...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S signs me out of Xbox live every time I get on, tried deleting my account...: Can someone help me with this but I tried restarting my console, turning it off for hours at a time but it won’t sign me in. submitted by /u/Tiabetianquailudes [link] [comments]
  6. every time i try to join an xbox party, it gets stuck with a connecting glitch and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    every time i try to join an xbox party, it gets stuck with a connecting glitch and...: i’ve tried unplugging the router for ten minutes and power cycling my xbox and changing internets and nothing has worked yet cd93cf86-5ec5-47ae-8ae1-cb0c0178207b
  7. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...
  8. Every time i try to log into the cloud threw my gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time i try to log into the cloud threw my gamepass: So I have 2 profiles and 1 gamepass for my wife and I but now we have 2 boxes to play when she goes to play under her name it says failure to log into email account because there is another...
  9. No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet: I know this problem is not new and there are many guides online but i'm done with everything and i really don't understand what may be wrong. First things first: System: Windows 10 Pro for...
  10. Why does my xbox say “something went wrong” after trying to update my console every time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox say “something went wrong” after trying to update my console every time: Why does my xbox say “something went wrong” after trying to update my console every time 4b264381-d908-42f1-ab64-84cc8dfbd8df