Ever since Forza horizon 5 switched to the Xbox app for download and updates, it won't...

Discus and support Ever since Forza horizon 5 switched to the Xbox app for download and updates, it won't... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It seems recently the game updated and it also switched to the Xbox Store somehow. Ever since then i can't start the download. when i tried a complete... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tessemi, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Tessemi
    Tessemi Guest

Ever since Forza horizon 5 switched to the Xbox app for download and updates, it won't...

It seems recently the game updated and it also switched to the Xbox Store somehow. Ever since then i can't start the download. when i tried a complete reinstall, it would also just show me an error message. this one would be 0x00000001 which apparently points to a fault in the windows update, of which there is none.

I've been trying a few things up until now, which is essentially everything that has been reccomended in this kind of case which is:

-Resetting, Repairing and even Reinstalling the Microsoft store app, Xbox app and Gaming services app

-Restarting my pc

-Taking ownership of a few files related to the WindowsStore but it doesn't seem to do anything.

-Running the Troubleshoot sowtware for the WindowsStore, which didn't find anything.

-Running WSreset, which doesnt work at all.

-Going back to an older update that was suggested, Which my pc somehow doesn't support anymore even though i had it.

I have a legitimate, verified copy of Win10Pro x64 and have not had such issues up to this point.

I have more than enough space on my hard drives

I essentially did everything. Atleast once.

However the issues either simultaneously appeared near the newest update of the game, or at the same time.

I do not own Gamepass or bought the game via gamepass. i bought it near release day at fixed price.

I used to get an error that was something like 0x80070424, telling me the software doesn't exist.

but now i only get 0x00000001 since i was forced to switch to the xbox app

i also tried doing the "

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose} "

in PowerShell as administrator, which worked as itself, but did not fix the problem.

WsReset.exe only displays a black window and never does anything, but uninstalling and reinstalling it manually should do the same thing, which i also did do.

As a test i also tried downloading some other game just to test it, which downloaded just fine so the problem only consists with this very game.

I suspect this has something to do with the forced transition to the Xbox app.

I hope there is an easy solution to this that is not resetting my entire pc.

if there is no solution, i will ask for a refund. Because paying 70 euro for a game i was able to play only 20 hours before getting permabanned by a store error is just not fair or anything i paid for.

:)

Tessemi, Dec 9, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

Ever since Forza horizon 5 switched to the Xbox app for download and updates, it won't download or update.

Run PowerShell as admin

2. Type: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

3. Type: A ("Yes to All")

4. Type: Get-ExecutionPolicy (click enter, and it should say "Unrestricted")

5. Type get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices|remove-AppxPackage -allusers

6. Go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gaming-servic...

7. Install Gaming Services again and then try to install the game.
  3. Tessemi Win User

Ever since Forza horizon 5 switched to the Xbox app for download and updates, it won't download or update.

Thank you but unfortunately that didn't work.
  4. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

1. Open Powershell as admin
    2. Type the following command and press the Enter key:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse
    Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

4. Wait until the process is finished. It should only take a few seconds to run.
    5. Type exit and press the Enter key to exit PowerShell.

Once done, RESTART your PC.

To reinstall the Microsoft store :

Press Windows key + X

Click Windows PowerShell (Admin)

At the command prompt, type the following then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

And log-in back on both apps and check the game.
  5. Tessemi Win User

im sorry. that didn't do the trick either. thanks for the help though. it still gets stuck at "preparing 0%" and then errors. 0x00000001
  6. XER0_Gamez Win User

Forza Horizon 5 is not able to download to an external drive.

All of my Microsoft and Xbox games are downloaded on my external drive including the previous Horizon, which is Forza Horizon 4. I changed where new apps are stored when downloaded from the Microsoft store to my external drive but it still wont download Forza Horizon 5 to my external drive. On the Xbox app it wont show my external drive as an option to download to. I am able to download any game from the Microsoft store and Xbox app to my external drive except Forza Horizon 5.
Thema:

1. Ever since Forza horizon 5 switched to the Xbox app for download and updates, it won't... - Similar Threads - Ever since Forza

2. Worst update I’ve ever experienced.

in XboX Insiders
    Worst update I’ve ever experienced.: So many issues and no matter how much you report them they never get fixed. Just a huge focus on useless cloud gaming features that core features like party chat are left broken for months. It’s...
  3. Ever since updating Microsoft Word Games, about two weeks ago, It takes forever for it to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ever since updating Microsoft Word Games, about two weeks ago, It takes forever for it to...: Ever since updating Microsoft Word Games, about two weeks ago, It takes forever for it to open. This morning it keeps closing out on its own. I think I'm done with MUWG....
  4. Ever since the recent Windows update, i am constantly getting crashes while gaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ever since the recent Windows update, i am constantly getting crashes while gaming.: I installed the recent Windows Update. I now notice that whichever game I play is crashing after some time. My drivers are up to date, nothing is corrupted. What should I do next? Specs 3050 i5...
  5. Ever since i updated my controllers i cannot use my controller to play on gamepass cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ever since i updated my controllers i cannot use my controller to play on gamepass cloud gaming: Whenever the game starts i get this prompt.. ive updated my controllers as well so im not sure why i cannot play 9f6d00e2-f1cd-47e2-a9d2-b172f41f5fc5
  6. why does the xbox app have the slowest downloads of any app I've ever seen since dial up...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does the xbox app have the slowest downloads of any app I've ever seen since dial up...: I've recently bought the game pass and was super excited to play some new games , I even cleaned out a few 100gbs of hard drive space hoping to enjoy all that the game pass has to offer , after a...
  7. Hi when I play fornite for some reason ever since last night instead of just continuing on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi when I play fornite for some reason ever since last night instead of just continuing on...: Hi when I play fornite for some reason ever since last night instead of just continuing on it forces me to go back into the lobby I can’t just keep reading up 02f456f2-fe3c-4e90-a60f-b8ad69a3817a
  8. I want to know why this status thing isn't working properly ever since I updated discord?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to know why this status thing isn't working properly ever since I updated discord?: [img] Used to work fine, but now? Nope. I want answers. I tried logging in and out, both via the app and on and desktop. Nothing has been fixed. I also wanna know why on Twitch, whenever I...
  9. My VC on roblox no longer works ever since i had to download roblox player from the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My VC on roblox no longer works ever since i had to download roblox player from the...: Hello ! i have roblox and use PC . I used to launch roblox games with the website using chrome or sometime firefox and my VC worked perfectly fine there , but just 2 days ago while trying to...
  10. Xbox series s has been very slow ever since last console update. Anyone else having this...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s has been very slow ever since last console update. Anyone else having this...: Howdy folks. This issue started quite recently and every option I tried has not worked such as power cycling the console, factory resetting, deleting alternate Mac address and changing the DNS...